There are two ways to start a check/tab in AX.
- Open by adding items to the cart and tap Add to Check OR
- Tap Checks on the top of the screen and tap New Check as shown in the screenshot.
- Add Name and tap Start Check
A new check is opened and you can add items to the check as required.
- To add items to an existing check, tap Menu on the top > add an item to the cart > tap Add to Check.
- All open checks will display and tap the correct check(check color will turn green) and tap Add to Check and Submit.
- Additional items are now added to the check.
Cancel existing checks:
- To cancel, go to Checks > tap a sample check > tap cancel at the bottom
- Check color will turn green and tap Cancel Check. Check will be cancelled.
Close existing checks:
- To close, go to Checks > tap a sample check > tap Checkout at the bottom right.
- Tap required tender type i.e. Cash or Credit > and tap Total or the Green checkmark
- Add tip if required and tap Pay
- Depending on terminal roles configuration, check will go to PENDING CLOSED NO TIP where Server can add the tip once signed by the customer. The check will then go to PENDING CLOSED W/ TIP once tip is added.
Note: In the absence of tips, please add a $0.00 tip on PENDING CLOSED NO TIP to close the check correctly.