This feature consists of enhancing the modifier flow functionality to include:
- The ability to configure add an item to the cart without going through the Modifiers view.
- This relies on an item configuration setting indicating to AX that the item must be selected with all its defaults, bypassing the Mods screen.
- If the customer wishes to change the recipe in this mode, the cashier must tap it on the cart and edit it.
This feature provides improved capabilities to Quick Service and Drive-Thru scenarios.
Initial Release Version
Activate X 15.5.0
- Item: Items are the goods that are sold in venues (Ex: Hotdog, Turkey Burger, Sprite, etc.). They can be assigned to specific Venues and Vendors.
- Modifier: Modifiers are additional changes or options that can be selected when purchasing an item. A modifier for a cheeseburger could be the type of cheese, pickles, bacon, etc.
- Item Set: Item Sets allow users to create a grouping of items classified as modifiers to attach to items to create steps within the Item hierarchy. This function is comparable with Modifier Groups and Wizard Steps from Classic Connect. Enterprise Connect offers more options to manage and separate modifiers per menu item.
- Note: This feature is compatible with ‘Modifiers as Items’ function.
- Mods2Mods: Advanced Modifiers that offer complex item structure visualized through item maps with extensive pricing and displaying properties.
This functionality requires the following dependencies to enable:
- A new flag in the Connect UI (Connect 11.3) that AX/IX terminals can control if “Delay Modifiers” is enabled. This new flag will be available at Items > Items > Modifiers Tab > Modifier Settings > Delay Modifiers
- Yes (select to enable)
- No (default; select to disable)
ActivateX will check each parent item (as it is sold on both purchases and non-receipted refunds)...
- If the item has the new Delay Modifiers setting enabled and all of its item sets are configured correctly (Min Qty > 0 & no defaults are set - see below), AX adds the item to the cart with all its default modifiers (without showing the Mod screen to the user).
- If the item has the new Delay Modifiers setting enabled, but one or more of its item sets are incorrectly set (Min Qty > 0 & no defaults are set), AX continues to show the Mod screen to the user (as we do today).
- If the item has the new Delay Modifiers setting disabled, AX shows the Mod screen to the user (as we do today).
- Items have the Delay Modifier flag set to Yes
- An item with Items Sets that have conditions: (Min Qty > 0 & defaults are set)
Steps for Usage
- Select an item with mods2mods on the item’s menu.
- If the item sets are configured correctly (Min Qty > 0 & defaults are set)
- Then the item is added to the cart without opening the modifiers menu