There are two options for ActivateX Samsung models to work with the Link/2500 for mobile use-cases.
- Samsung xCoverPro
- Samsung TabActive2
The xCoverPro is expected to deploy inside an ImageHolders case, and may have an optional 230i Bluetooth printer, as well as a multi-unit charging station.
Note: To allow the xCoverPro to communicate to the Ingenico Link/2500, please be sure to use an OTG USB A to USB C connector. This allows the Samsung device to treat the Ingenico as a peripheral to be used over usb.
The TabActive2 is expected to deploy inside an ENS case, and can be setup on legs, or carried with a hand-strap.
Note: To allow the TabActive2 to communicate to the Ingenico Link/2500, please be sure to use an OTG USB A to USB C connector. This allows the Samsung device to treat the Ingenico as a peripheral to be used over USB.
Update Tablet Settings
Additionally, we found that the configuration on the tablet itself may need to be updated, with the following steps:
- Connect LINK/2500 to ActiveTab2 using an OTG USB A to USB C connector.
- Check to see the current Software Version on the ActiveTab2
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select About Tablet.
- Select Software Information.
- Verify the device is on Android Version 9 or higher.
- Go back to the main Settings screen.
- Select the Magnifying Glass and search for HOST
- Select MTP Host system app.
- Select Notifications.
- Open the Notification Center but pulling down from the top of the screen.
- Tap the USB Options system notification.
- Select USB Controlled by Connected Device