Available in Activate iOS 7.15+
Why an Update may be Needed
- Ingenico and Appetize regularly test and release updated RBA builds for your Ingenico pinpad. These will improve the stability or operation of your device.
- Specifically, the new RBA 23.51.6, addresses the following:
- Improves the stability of your bluetooth connection when paired to an iSMP pinpad, from a 5th or 6th generation iPad.
- Removes a security vulnerability which may have allowed a hacker who had access to your physical Ingenico and Appetize hardware to scan payment traffic.
- While the potential impact is significant, this vulnerability was difficult to exploit, but we recommend you do upgrade, to eliminate this risk.
Before you Update
- We strongly recommend that you update your tablet or phone to 13.x before you attempt the update.
- This will improve your Bluetooth connectivity and will provide a much smoother update experience.
When to Update
- When rebooting your Ingenico device, you should see a screen which lists the current RBA version of the device. If your version is less than 23.51.6, or you have not actively updated recently, Appetize Support Team can assist you with scheduling an update.
- We will choose a window when there is both available support to assist you remotely, and when you have an hour during which you will not be needing the device to run payments.
How to Update
- Appetize Support will identify the correct RBA build for you, and will confirm the device and login credential that you will be using.
- When you login, or logout, Activate IOS will prompt you to confirm that you want to proceed with an update.
- If you decline this option, it will continue to prompt at each login and logout, until your update has been completed. There is no limit on the number of times you can decline.
- If you accept this option, you should prepare for a stable file transfer to your device by:
- Plugging your Apple tablet or phone into a power source.
- Plugging the Ingenico pinpad into a power source.
- Setting your Apple tablet or phone to Auto-Lock NEVER.
- When you are ready to proceed, Activate will handle the update process for you.
- Download the update files.
- Install the update files and settings to your Ingenico device.
- Confirm the updated version has been installed.
The Update Process
- Updates can take 30-45 minutes.
- You will see your device restart multiple times - this is expected.
- Pay attention to any message you receive - the update will confirm when you are complete, but it will also advise you if anything unexpected comes up, which will need Support assistance.
- Once completed, you will no longer be prompted for an update until the next RBA upgrade is released.