Check Sync Prerequisites
- Check/Order sync will work for a single platform; only on Android devices or only on iOS devices. This means that currently, we do not support multi-platform sync between Android and iOS devices.
- Users who want to sync any checks/orders must be logged in to Activate with the same account, operating for the same Vendor, connected through the same network.
- Devices must have the same version (that supports Check Syncing) of Activate Android/iOS installed on their devices.
- Sync works for both POS and REST modes; most frequently it will be used in REST mode.
- Checks created on one device are visible on another within the same Vendor and network.
- Check is visible only within the same account (the account where the check was created).
- Check/Orders sync is available in two Activate modes: online & offline.
Make sure that Check/Tab orders are enabled for the correct Terminal Role assigned to your Activate account.
- Log in to Connect and select Options from the left side menu.
- Click on Terminal Roles from the Options drop down menu and select the role to edit.
- On the Payments tab, verify the Tab option is toggled to Yes.
Enable Check Syncing
Please contact Support to enable Check Syncing for the venue. You can verify if it is enabled by following the steps below.
- In Connect, go to Settings and select Venue from the dropdown menu.
- In the General section, there is a Check Syncing toggle.
- If the toggle is Enabled, Check Syncing is turned on for the whole Venue.
Additionally, there are two Permission Sets added that are related to Check Syncing functionality.
- Log in to Connect and click on Options on the left side menu.
- From the Options drop down, select Permissions Sets and click on the sets that are assigned to the Employee Role that will be using Check Syncing.
- On the Check Orders View, there are two options to consider.
- Enable Check Syncing: By default set to YES. It allows the checks to sync in Activate
- Allow Single Check Access Override: The main functionality is to inform other employees that a check they want to open is being accessed on another terminal.
Allow Single Check Access Override
The behavior of this Permission Set depends on the usage of Offline/Online Mode.
In Online Mode:
- If YES, PIN confirmation is not required when accessing a check that is opened on another terminal.
- If NO, PIN confirmation is required when accessing a check that is opened on another terminal.
In Offline Mode: (we don't know if a check is open since we are offline) and another employee tries to access a check which is marked as open on another terminal.
- Permission YES: "Your device is offline. The last time it was online this check was being edited, are you sure you want to continue?" YES/NO
- Permission NO: "Your device is offline. The last time it was online this check was being edited, to access it an admin pin is required." PIN REQUIRED
- Manager: "Your device is offline. The last time it was online this check was being edited, are you sure you want to continue?" YES/NO
If another employee tries to access a check which is NOT marked as open on another terminal.
- Every time: "Your device is offline, are you sure you want to continue? Changes to this check will sync when the device is back online." YES/NO