Category Groups allow for the creation of the various categories and subcategories that appear in Activate and Interact to organize the menu items (Ex: Cocktails, Wine, Kids Menu, etc.).
Note: If a Category is created as Level 2, it will be a Subcategory.
POS Categories are also used in a similar fashion.
Create Category Groups
- Log in to Connect and click Options from the left side menu.
- From the Options dropdown menu, select Category Group.
- Click the blue Create button.
Note: Click on the Hamburger icon to export and import data.
- Enter a Display Name and Internal Name.
- Click on Save to finish.
Edit Category Groups
Once the Category is created, select to continue the setup.
- Image: Click to upload an image to personalize the category group.
- Image size should be 500x500 and not exceed 4MB.
- Display Name: The name that will show on the terminal or POS.
- Internal Name: A more detailed name/description of this category group only visible in Connect.
- Is level 2: Make this category group a category 1 (by default) or category 2.
- Sort Order: Specify a sort order to determine the appearance of category groups at the terminal.
- Button Text Color: Optional feature to customize button text colors in Activate and Interact.
- Button Background Color: Optional feature to customize button colors in Activate and Interact.
- Age Restriction: Item restrictions are available to give the end-user the ability to restrict the sale of items and categories by age or external reasons. Select a Restriction from the dropdown to apply to all items in the Category.
- Shippable: Enable if the items in this category can be shipped.
- Allowable Return Window (Days): Determine the return window for items in the category.
- Quantity Required: A window will require the user to select a quantity for items in the group before it can be added to the cart at the POS terminal.
- Activate Items: The number of Active items assigned to the Category Group.
- Deactive Items: The number of Inactive items assigned to the Category Group.
Tender Restrictions Tab
- Toggle Enable Tender Restrictions to Yes.
- Set the available tenders to Active or Inactive.
- Use the Activate All, De-activate All, or Reset All options for mass updates.
- Active allows the item to be paid for with that tender.
- Inactive will prevent completing an order with that tender.
- Select the green Checkmark to save.
This is an upcoming feature.
Assign Category Groups to an Item
- Log in to Connect and click Items in the left side menu.
- Select Items from the menu.
- Search for and select the item to edit.
- Click on the Category Groups tab.
- Click on the blue Add Category Group button for the corresponding level of the Group that needs to be added.
- Click Assign next to the appropriate category.
- Click on the top right X to close the window.