What is Split Check?
Split Check is the ability for the user to divide purchased items into separate checks/orders.
Three people are sitting at one table -, Joe, Bob, and Nick. On Activate, items are added to a check/order for the table (Coke, French Fries, and a Burger). They are placed on one check opened under Joe's name. If Bob or Nick decides to leave, they want to have separate checks/orders to pay for their items.
The Cashier will go to Activate to view check. He/she can split the original check made by Joe into three separate orders and move the appropriate item(s) to each check. Joe has an order for the Coke, Bob for the Burger, and Nick pays separately for the French Fries.
- Split Check is available in POS (Point Of Sale) and REST (Restaurant) modes.
- It is possible to split checks in Offline and Online modes.
- Split Check works only for Venues that have Check Syncing enabled.
Enable Split Check for the Venue
Please contact Support to enable Check Syncing for the venue. You can verify if it is enabled by following the steps below.
- In Connect, go to Settings and select Venue from the dropdown menu.
- In the General section, there is a Check Syncing toggle.
- If the toggle is Enabled, Check Syncing is turned on for the whole Venue.
Enable Split Checks for Vendor Role
- Login to Connect and click on Options on the left side menu.
- Select Vendor Roles from the Options drop down and then click the Vendor Role to edit.
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the Split Checks Enabled field, select YES and hit Enter to save.
Enable Split Checks for Employee Role
- Login to Connect and select Options from the left side menu.
- Click on Employee Roles from the Options drop down menu and select the role to edit.
- Find Enable Split Checks toggle under the General Tab and change to Enabled.
- Save the changes.