Wizard tab in Items
For customer-facing scenarios like a kiosk or mobile ordering, the Wizard allows any guest to easily flow through Item and Modifier choices.
- Modifiers must be assigned to the Item before the Wizard can be setup.
- If new modifiers are assigned after the creation of the Wizard, the steps will need to be edited to assign those new modifiers. They will not automatically assign to the wizard steps.
How to create a Wizard
- Log in to Connect and click Items in the left side menu.
- Select Items from the menu.
- Search for and select the item that needs a Wizard.
- Click on the Wizard tab.
- Click on the pencil below Has Wizard? and toggle to Yes.
- Click the + sign to the right of Wizard Steps to add a step.
- Step Title: The name of the step (Ex: bread, condiments, add cheese, etc.).
- Required: Requires a selection from this step.
- Allow Multiple: Allows multiple modifiers to be selected in the step.
- Enable min/max settings: Define the minimum and maximum selections available for modifiers.
- Min modifiers: The minimum number of modifiers that can be selected on the step.
- Max modifiers: The maximum number of modifiers that can be selected on the step.
- Cross threshold: After the configured number is selected, an additional cost will be added.
- Additional Modifier Charge: Configure the additional cost for each modifier selected past the threshold.
- Modifiers: Select Modifiers that will be included in the step.
- Once the information is complete, click Add Step to save.
- Click the + sign and repeat to add additional Steps to the wizard.
Note: Wizard steps can be updated later by clicking on the blue pencil icon next to the step's name.