If a partial refund is processed either from Activate or Connect, depending on the bank, a refund can take up to 5-7 business days to process. Partial refunds of an order will stay pending for 48 hours per Merchant processing standards. After the required timeframe, Connect will automatically move the refund status from Processing to Completed. However, sometimes we may have to manually process the partial refund.
Note: Please click on How to Refund Orders in Connect for more information about the initial refund process.
Completing a Partial Order Refund in Connect
- Log in to Connect and click on Orders > Orders on the left side menu.
- Search for a specific order by changing the date/time range and searching for it by Name or Order ID.
- Once you find the correct order, click on it and a pop-up with the details will appear.
- Scroll to the bottom to find Payment Details and look for the Process Pending Refund button.
- If a partial refund has not updated after 48 hours, this is where you need to manually complete the pending refund amount.
- Click on the Process Pending Refund button as shown in the picture above and the partial refund will update as complete on Payment details.