Reason Groups are a collection of Reasons used to describe the following POS functions:
- POS Price Changes
- Cash Drawer Open / No Sale
- Clearing the cart
- Manual Reduction (item or cart level)
- Tax Exemption
- Cancel Check
- Cash Action Paid In
- Cash Action Paid Out
Reason Groups are used to assign Reasons at the Vendor Role level.
An example group would be Refund/Void with the reasons someone would be voiding an order (Damaged Item, Incorrect Size, Guest Satisfaction, etc.). The cashier must select a reason when processing the return and it will be reported with the refund details.
Note: Reasons must be created before the Reason Group.
Creating Reason Groups
- Log in to Connect and click Options in the left side menu.
- Select Reason Groups from the menu.
- Click Add Reason Group in the top right corner.
- Enter a Group Name.
- Click Save.
Adding Reasons to a Reason Group
Reasons need to be added to a Reason Group for them to report and assign properly for the Vendors. To add new Reasons to the desired Reason group,
- Select a Reason Group to edit.
- Click the Add Reason button.
- Assign Reasons to the Group by clicking the + button.
- The + button will turn into a green checkmark once the Reason is successfully assigned.
- To remove the reason, click the green checkmark again.
- Clicking out of the window will show the assigned reasons.
- Users can remove a Reason from the Group by clicking the blue X button on the right.
Note: Users can edit the Reason group name by clicking on the pencil on the Reason Group details page.
Vendor Role Cashier Reasons
Once Reasons are assigned to a Reason Group, the next step is to associate each Group to a POS function within the Vendor Roles.
Accessing Vendor Roles
- Click Options in the left side menu.
- Select Vendor Roles from the menu.
- Click the desired Vendor Role to edit.
- Navigate to the Cashier Reasons tab.
- Click +Assign next to the POS Function to apply the Reason Group.
- A window will appear with the available Reason Groups.
- Click the Reason Group to assign.
- Clicking out of the window will show the assigned group.
- If the Needs Approval box is checked, the function will require a manager’s approval to perform the function on the POS.
- The +Assign box will now show as +1 Group Selected to show the new Reason Group has applied.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.
Note: If multiple Reason Groups are applied to the Function, the box will read +2 Groups Selected, etc.