Venue Attributes are characteristics that may be shared by multiple venues. As a method to group and classify Venues, these user-defined attributes are useful for classifying things such as Store Types, Building Types, Business Types, etc.
Some examples of Venue Attributes include:
- Store Type
- Food & Beverage, Retail, Drive-Thru, etc.
- Business Type
- F&B, Merchandise, etc
- Yes, No
Accessing Venue Attributes
To access Venue Attributes in Connect, navigate to the Location section at the bottom of the home page.
Once Venue Attributes is selected, the details page will allow users to access existing Attributes.
Users can search to find specific attributes. Venue Attributes can be deleted by selecting the Delete button.
Creating Venue Attributes
- To create a new Attribute, select Add Attribute in the top right corner.
- Enter a name for the Attribute.
- Click Save to add.
Once the Attribute exists, select it from the list to assign the values.
- To add a new value to the Attribute, select Add Allowed Value.
- Enter a name for the Value.
- Values can be numbers, phrases, or both. Ex. Food & Beverage, 30,000, 25 acres, etc.
Assigning Venue Attributes
Once Venue Attributes are created and values have been added, they can then be assigned in the Venue settings.
- From the main Connect home page under the Location section, select Venues.
- Select a Venue to edit.
- Click the Attribute dropdown and select the Attribute.
- Select the appropriate option in the Value dropdown.
- Choose Assign to add the Attribute and Value.
- Select Save to confirm the changes.
Utilizing Venue Attributes
Once Venue Attributes are created and values have been added, they can be utilized in the Corporate Hierarchy.
Creating a Venue Attribute for a common feature among Venues allows for easy assigning and tagging. Venue Attributes allow venues within the hierarchies to be searched by attribute and/or value.
For example, if Venues are tagged by Store Type = Mall, a search by store type can be done and it would bring up the specific venues that have that attribute tagged.
- Select Corporate Hierarchy under the Navigation section in the top right of the Corporate Dashboard.
- Select the Hamburger icon in the top right to access the Venue Attributes search.
- Click Attribute to select an option to filter the venues.
- Click Values to narrow the search to a specific Value.
- Multiple Values can be selected for each Attribute.
- Click the X on a Value to remove from the filter.
- Click the + icon to add another Attribute to the filter.
- Click the X on the top right of each Attribute filter to remove.