Employee Accounts are created for any employee at the venue that needs to access the Activate application.
Note: Prior to creating Employee Accounts, Employee Roles must be created.
Create Employee Accounts
- Click the Employee Accounts icon on the Corporate Dashboard.
- Click the blue Add Account button.
- Select Account Type Employee.
- Enter the Employee Account Information.
- Name: The Employee's name.
- Known As: How the Employee name will display on the register/POS.
- Login ID: A unique username is required for each employee.
- Admin Pin: The Admin PIN is used by managers to authorize restricted actions such as opening the cash drawer, authorizing refunds, and running the finalize day reports.
- Create a pin between 1-36 digits (Ex: 8000).
- It is a best practice that the same Admin PIN be used for all accounts.
- The admin PINs will not allow the Employee to access those functions but must be configured on each account.
- Employee Pin: The Employee PIN is used to login to the terminal.
- This number can only be used once in the venue.
- Employee PINs can be a number the employee enters on the terminal or a swipe card number associated with employee cards/badges.
- External ID: Optional to use with an external system.
- Hire Date: Optional.
- Job Description: Add an optional job description.
- User Roles: Select the role associated with this employee account.
- Code: Configure if using Dual Authentication when accessing Activate.
- The employee will be required to enter the code after their PIN when accessing the terminal.
- Dual Authentication can be enabled on the Terminal Role.
- Force code reset: Account is set to force code reset.
- Is Temporary: Set start and end days for this account if needed.
- Select the blue Save button.
- Click on the Assigned Vendors tab.
- Select the Assign Vendor button.
- Locate the vendor and click on Assign to allow the Employee to log in under that Vendor in Activate.
- Use the Assign All or Unassign All for mass updates.
- Select the X in the top right to close the Vendor window.
- If the account needs Temporary Access at a specific vendor, select the Checkmark.
- Set the Temporary Start Date and Temporary End Date to automatically remove access once the End Date has passed.
- Select Unassign to remove a vendor assignment.
Additional Account Options
- Contact Information: Employee Accounts can also have Contact Information entered to use with external time tracking integrations.
- History: An audit of the Account changes can be reviewed on the History tab.
- User Defined Fields: Custom Fields can be assigned to the Employee Account.