Appetize Academy - Permissions, Roles, and Accounts
Want to watch some quick videos on this topic? Check out this course in Appetize Academy for more info.
Employee Accounts are created for any employee at the venue that needs to access the Activate application.
Note: Prior to creating Employee Accounts, Employee Roles must be created.
Create Employee Accounts
- Click the Employee Accounts icon on the Corporate Dashboard.
- Click the blue Add Account button.
- Select Account Type Employee.
- Enter the Employee Account Information.
- Name: The Employee's name.
- Known As: How the Employee name will display on the register/POS.
- Login ID: A unique username is required for each employee.
- Admin Pin: The Admin PIN is used by managers to authorize restricted actions such as opening the cash drawer, authorizing refunds, and running the finalize day reports.
- Create a pin between 1-36 digits (Ex: 8000).
- It is a best practice that the same Admin PIN be used for all accounts.
- The admin PINs will not allow the Employee to access those functions but must be configured on each account.
- Employee Pin: The Employee PIN is used to login to the terminal.
- This number can only be used once in the venue.
- Employee PINs can be a number the employee enters on the terminal or a swipe card number associated with employee cards/badges.
- External ID: Optional to use with an external system.
- Hire Date: Optional.
- Job Description: Add an optional job description.
- User Roles: Select the role associated with this employee account.
- Code: Configure if using Dual Authentication when accessing Activate.
- The employee will be required to enter the code after their PIN when accessing the terminal.
- Dual Authentication can be enabled on the Terminal Role.
- Force code reset: Account is set to force code reset.
- Is Temporary: Set start and end days for this account if needed.
- Select the blue Save button.
- Click on the Assigned Vendors tab.
- Select the Assign Vendor button.
- Locate the vendor and click on Assign to allow the Employee to log in under that Vendor in Activate.
- Use the Assign All or Unassign All for mass updates.
- Select the X in the top right to close the Vendor window.
- If the account needs Temporary Access at a specific vendor, select the Checkmark.
- Set the Temporary Start Date and Temporary End Date to automatically remove access once the End Date has passed.
- Select Unassign to remove a vendor assignment.
Additional Account Options
- Contact Information: Employee Accounts can also have Contact Information entered to use with external time tracking integrations.
- History: An audit of the Account changes can be reviewed on the History tab.
- User Defined Fields: Custom Fields can be assigned to the Employee Account.