- Log in to Connect and select Options from the left side menu.
- Select Terminal Roles from the Options menu.
- Search for and select the Terminal Role to edit.
- Click the Checkout tab.
- Click the green Checkmark in the upper right corner to save any changes.
- For additional configuration options, please see Terminal Roles.
- Convenience Fee: Enable to automatically apply a convenience fee to each order.
- Fee Type: Select from Flat or Percentage.
- Fee Amount: Enter the fee amount to be applied to the fee type selected.
- Fee Name: Name to display on the receipts and order details.
- Fee Rounding: Enable to round the fee amount.
- Tip Enabled: Enable to allow tips
- Tip at Charge: Enable to Tip at charge or Disable to tip at signature.
- Tip Percentage: Enable for tips to be a percentage. Disable to use flat rate tips.
- Tip Limit Percentage: Enter the percentage amount if there is a tip limit
- Ex. the tip cannot exceed 100% of the order total.
- Custom Tip 1 Amount: Custom Tips are preset tip amounts that can be selected from Activate when closing a transaction.
- Custom Tip 2 Amount: Custom Tips are preset tip amounts that can be selected from Activate when closing a transaction.
- Custom Tip 3 Amount: Custom Tips are preset tip amounts that can be selected from Activate when closing a transaction.
- Custom Tip 4 Amount: Custom Tips are preset tip amounts that can be selected from Activate when closing a transaction.
- Default Custom Tip: Select one of the four preset tips to apply by default.
- This is an optional feature.
- Require Pending Tip Confirmation: Yes/No.
- Adjust Tip Allowed: Enable to start a timer after adding tip to allow time to adjust if it was entered incorrectly.
- Delay Minutes for Adding Tip: Set the number of minutes a user will have to adjust a previously entered tip amount before the transaction finalizes.
- Allow Tax Exempt: Enable to add an order level tax exempt button in Activate.
- Validate Tax Exempt: Enable to require manager approval for a tax exempt transaction.
- Allow Fee Exempt: Enable to add an order level fee exempt button in Activate to allow users to perform a fee exempt transaction.
- Rounding: Enable to access additional options.
- Rounding Type: Round up, Round down, Commercial, Round up for charity
- Commercial: Less than half the increment rounds down while greater than or equal to half the increment rounds up.
- Round up for charity: This option is no longer supported in the latest versions of Classic Activate.
- Rounding Interval: Select .01, .05, .10, .25, .50, or 1.00.
- Rounding Payment Type: Cash or all tenders.
Note: * Items are Activate Classic features that are not currently supported in Enterprise versions.