What is a Subvendor?
Vendors represent a separate location where POS units could be located. Subvendors are used for Vendors that use a KDS when orders are placed.
When orders are placed from the same Vendor, the Subvendors (single or multiple KDS terminals) are set up to distinguish what items are sent to which KDS (Ex: drinks, food, bar, etc.).
How to Create a Subvendor
- Log in to Connect and select Vendors on the left side menu.
- Click on Add Sub to the right of the desired Vendor.
- Fill in the Subvendor's settings
- Click Save Changes.
- Name: The name of the Subvendor
- External ID: A reporting tool used by some venues.
- AutoComplete: Must be set to Yes with at least a 10 min interval selected for the order to print.
- Auto Complete Minutes: Determine how long orders will be pending before they complete.
- Status: Whether the Subvendor is open or closed.
- Order Status Update Mode: Determines if the subvendor and vendor have a Synchronized or Independent Completion.
- SMS notification: Enable a text message to notify customers their order is ready for pickup.
- Pickup Text Message: Customize the message sent to customers.
- SMS On In Process Custom Message Text: Customize a message to send once the order is In Process at the Subvendor KDS.
- SMS On Completed Custom Message Text: Customize a message to send once the order is Completed at the Subvendor KDS.
- Location: Add information about the physical location of the stand.
The Serves Tab dictates which seats are associated with the subvendor.
View the Menu items that are assigned to the subvendor and assign/unassign items.
The Kitchen tab can be used to configure the subvendor KDS options. The mode is determined by the Vendor settings and addresses can be set for the subvendor.