Reason Groups are a collection of Reasons used to describe the following POS functions:
- POS Price Changes
- Cash Drawer Open / No Sale
- Clearing the cart
- Manual Reduction (item or cart level)
- Tax Exemption
- Cancel Check
- Cash Action Paid In
- Cash Action Paid Out
Reason Groups are used to assign Reasons at the Vendor Role level.
An example group would be Refund/Void with the reasons someone would be voiding an order (Damaged Item, Incorrect Size, Guest Satisfaction, etc.). The cashier must select a reason when processing the return and it will be reported with the refund details.
Note: Reasons must be created before the Reason Group.
Accessing Reason Groups
To access Reason Groups Log in to Connect Enterprise click on the Corporates Tab then click on Corporates, look for the venue, and click on the Login tab scroll down and you will find the Reason Groups button.
Creating Reason Groups
- To create a new Reason Group, click Add Reason Group in the top right corner.
- Enter a Group Name.
- Click Save.
- The Reason Group will appear on the list as an active Reason Group.
Adding Reasons to a Reason Group
Reasons need to be added to a Reason Group for them to report and assign properly for the Vendors. To add new Reasons to the desired Reason group,
- Select a Reason Group to edit.
- Click the Add Reason button.
- Assign Reasons to the Group by clicking the + button.
- The + button will turn into a green checkmark once the Reason is successfully assigned.
- To remove the reason, click the green checkmark again.
- Clicking out of the window will show the assigned reasons.
- Users can remove a Reason from the Group by clicking the blue X button on the right.
Note: Users can edit the Reason group name by clicking on the pencil on the Reason Group details page.
Vendor Role Cashier Reasons
Once Reasons are assigned to a Reason Group, the next step is to associate each Group to a POS function within the Vendor Roles.
Accessing Vendor Roles
- To access Vendor Roles in Connect Enterprise, navigate to the Location section at the bottom of the home page.
- Click the desired Vendor Role to edit.
- Navigate to the Cashier Reasons tab.
- Click +Assign next to the POS Function to apply the Reason Group.
- A window will appear with the available Reason Groups.
- Click the Reason Group to assign.
- Clicking out of the window will show the assigned group.
- If the Needs Approval box is checked, the function will require a manager’s approval to perform the function on the POS.
- The +Assign box will now show as +1 Group Selected to show the new Reason Group has applied.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.
Note: If multiple Reason Groups are applied to the Function, the box will read +2 Groups Selected, etc.