How to transact with a Barcode Scanner
The scanner must be on a flat surface to use without touching a button. If picked up you will need to press the black button on the top of the scanner to turn it on. There is a sensor on the bottom that once picked up will not automatically scan.
- Begin by making sure the scanner is in the ideal place for transactions and not in the way for service.
- Hold the item with the barcode facing the scanner and listen for a beep.
- If the item is in the system it will be placed into the cart
- Conduct the transaction as normal.
Troubleshooting the Barcode Scanner
- If activate is producing an error message of "item not found" at the bottom of the screen this would indicate that the item's barcode has not been entered into the database.
- If the scanner is not powering on make sure the USB cable is properly inserted into both ends. If it is still not powering on try unplugging and plugging the USB cable back into the port.
Note: Upon plugging in the scanner into a USB port, the POS unit must be configured to be in USB mode.
Configuring the barcode scanner
To configure the scanner to input the code automatically, you will need to scan the barcode listed below. This scanner code can be used for both kiosk CR1000 scanner and the USB CR5000 scanner.
If the above code still doesn't resolve the scanning issues, try a factory reset on the scanner. After scanning the code below to reset, scan the code above to update the USB scanning mode.