Codes, otherwise known as promos, can be created to add as an order or item level discount in the form of a percentage off, a flat dollar amount off, or a full comp.
Note: Custom Tenders are recommended to use as House Accounts rather than Codes.
How to create a Code
- Log in to Connect and click Codes on the left side menu.
- Choose Add Code in the top right corner.
- Configure the Settings for the Code.
- Code: Enter the code that will be typed in or appear on the corresponding button in Activate.
- Description: A brief description of the code.
- Status: Whether or not the code is active.
- Awards Applied: Whether or not to apply all created Award Types when using the code.
- Conditions Met: Determines if the code will function only when all created Conditions are met, or if any of the Conditions are met.
- Use Limit: Sets the amount of times a code can be used ('-1' denotes unlimited use).
- Void Group: Determine what Void Group to associate the code.
- Apply Only to Selected Types: If set to ‘Yes’, the code will only apply to the assigned item types (Ex: Food, Drink, Merchandise, etc.).
- Code Type (Condition): Select the type of code and how it will be applied (Ex: Item level, order, etc.).
- Code Value: Set the value or ID that applies to the selected Code Type.
- Award Type: Select the type of award applied with the code (Ex: Percent off, dollar off, etc.).
- Award Value: Set the value or ID that applies to the selected Award Type.
- Promo Applies To: Apply the code to any taxes, fees, none, or both.
- Start Date/End Date: Sets the parameters for when the code is valid.
- Show As Button: Allows the code to be selected through a button within Activate after selecting the HOUSE tender option. This only works for Codes that are meant to be used as house accounts.
- Select Vendor Assignment tab.
- Click YES beside Assign to Venue to add to all vendors.
- Click Active or Inactive to update individual vendor assignments.
- Select Save Changes to add the Code.