Reasons are created to keep track of actions processed within Activate. Reasons are used to describe and audit the following Activate POS functions:
- POS Price Changes
- Cash Drawer Open / No Sale
- Clearing the Cart
- Manual Reduction (item or cart level)
- Tax Exemption
- Cancel Check
- Cash Action Paid In
- Cash Action Paid Out
Reason Groups are used to assign Reasons at the Vendor Role level.
An example group would be Refund/Void with the Reasons someone would be voiding an order (Damaged Item, Incorrect Size, Guest Satisfaction, etc.). The cashier must select a reason when processing the return and it will be reported with the refund details.
- Log in to Connect and click Options in the left side menu.
- Select Reasons from the menu.
- Click Add Reason in the top right corner.
- Enter the details for the Reason.
- Name: The name of the Reason
- Code: A numeric and/or letter abbreviation for the Reason.
- Requires Validation: Whether the Reason will need Manager Approval.
- If Requires Validation is set to YES, additional options appear.
- Offline Apply: Select Yes to allow, No to disable and Approval to require Manager Override.
- Decline Apply: Select Yes to allow, No to disable and Approval to require Manager Override.
- Save to finish adding the Reason.
From the All Reasons page, every Reason can be viewed in list form.
A search bar at the top of the screen allows users to narrow down the Reasons. Users can also sort by Name or Code.
To delete a Reason, click the trash can icon.
Additional Config Required
Reasons are assigned to Reason Groups. Reason Groups are how Reasons are assigned at the Vendor Role level to utilize within Activate.