A Vendor Role is a set of permissions configured and applied to each Vendor (Ex: Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
Note: A Vendor Role needs to be set up prior to creating or assigning to a Vendor.
Configure Vendor Roles
On the main Vendor Roles page, there are three toggles available for quick edits.
- Promo Enabled: Promotion codes can be enabled or disabled to any vendor associated with this role.
- Alcohol Enabled: Alcohol can be enabled or disabled to any vendor associated with this role.
- Open: Any vendor assigned to this role can be opened or closed.
How To Create a Vendor Role
- Log in to Connect and click Options in the left side menu.
- Select Vendor Roles from the menu.
- Click Create in the upper right corner.
- Type in the name of the Vendor Role and click Save.
Once a Vendor Role has been created, click on the existing role to configure the settings.
- Role Name: The name of the location or based on stand concept (Ex. Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
- Status: Set the associated Vendors to open or closed.
- Voids Group: If Void reasons need to be created, they can be assigned here.*
- Promo Enabled: Determines if the vendor would accept an ongoing promotion.
- Show Catalog: The KDS Catalog function allows enabling or disabling of items depending upon the availability of Inventory.
- Login Required: When using the Mobile Ordering feature, this forces the customer to create an Account through Appetize and does not allow the customer to submit orders as a guest.
- Allow Manual Entry Employee Code: Enable/Disable the ability to enter an employee code by manual entry as opposed to swiping, scanning, etc.
- POS Pickup Vendor: Relates to Mobile Ordering and notes the location of where an order can be picked up.
- Suite Enabled: If the location will be utilizing the Suites module, this must be set to Yes.
- Allow Price Changes for Orders: Will allow the clerk to tap on an item in the cart and change the price.
- Split Checks Enabled: Enable/Disable Split Checks.
- Rounding Type: Choose how the associated vendors will round transactions; Round up, Round down or Commercial.
- Commercial: Less than half the increment rounds down while greater than or equal to half the increment rounds up.
- Rounding Precision: Meant to round to the nearest of the chosen denomination.
- Ex: If precision is set to one cent, then the price would round to the nearest cent (no rounding in this case), but if set to a dollar the amount would round to the nearest dollar.
- If subtotal = $1.95, the total would be $2.00.
- Rounding Allowed Payment Type: This setting will set a specific payment type (Cash or All) for the rounding options.
- Enable Scrolling Receipt: Enable/Disable the ability to have a scrolling receipt on PAX payment device.
- Allow Check Syncing: Enable/Disable the ability to use Check Syncing (primarily used for the Table Service module).
- Item Grid: Determines what items assigned to the Vendor will display on the main Activate screen.
- Show All Items: All items assigned will be displayed in the configured categories.
- Show Favorites: Only items flagged as Favorites will be visible in the menu. Other items can be added to the cart via search.
- Max number of offline hours: If Activate is offline for more than the configured hours it will block login until it is back online and can sync the orders.
- Geo Tax: Determines if a vendor would accept Geo Tax functionality.
- Show Quantity: Enable/Disable the ability to display the quantity of an item on Activate.
- Sell Sold Out Item: Enable/Disable ability to sell items flagged as Sold Out.
- Item Sold Out Display: Enter a brief message to have a custom phrase display on an item flagged as sold out.
- If not set, and the item is no longer available, Sold Out will be the default banner displayed across the item.
- Vendor Image: If using a Mobile Application, this is the image a guest will see when using the application.
- The maximum file size is 32 KB.
This section is specific to Return Mode.
- Allow Price Changes for Returns: Enable/Disable the ability for staff members to change the prices on items during returns.
- Prevent Original Operator from Performing Refunds: Enable/Disable the ability of the original staff member that completed a transaction to refund/return any part of the transaction amount.
- Tax Handling: Determines if a return will use the Original Tax Amount or current Local Tax Amount when calculating the return total.
- Receipt Footer: Text that appears at the bottom of a printed return receipt.
- Print Merchant Copy: Enable/Disable ability to print a Merchant Copy for the completed return.
- Receipt Text: A box where text can be typed in to appear on the top of the printed return receipt below the logo.
- Allow Outside Returns: Enable/Disable the ability to allow outside returns.
- Post-Return Window Approval: Enable/Disable the ability to require supervisor approval for a return that is attempted outside of the set return window.
- Alcohol Enabled: Determines if a Vendor is allowed to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Drink Limit Per Event: Set a limit of alcoholic drinks to be purchased per event.
- Drink Limit Per Order: Set a limit of alcoholic drinks to be purchased per order.
- Alcohol Restrictions Dialog Text: Verbiage displayed on the ordering screen when an alcoholic drink is selected to be placed in the cart.
- Alcohol Per Event Limit Reached Dialog Text: Verbiage displayed on ordering screen when the max number of alcoholic drinks for a specific event was reached.
- Alcohol Per Order Limit Reached Dialog Text: Verbiage displayed on ordering screen when the max number of alcoholic drinks for a specific order was reached.
- Age Validation Enabled: Determines if an action is needed from the staff member to validate the age of a guest buying an alcoholic drink.
- Input Required: Enables/Disables a required action on the device where data needs to be input during this age verification process.
- Prompt At Item: Enables/Disables a prompt when an alcoholic drink is selected for purchase.
For more information on taxes, please see Tax Rates and Tax Groups.
- Tax Charge Ater Discount *: Apply tax after Promo or Discount is added.
- Apply Tax To Subtotal: Enable to apply the tax to the cart subtotal.
- Apply Tax to Tip *: Apply the tax to Tips.
- Apply Tax To Fee: Enable to apply tax to any fees added to this Vendor.
- Apply Tax To Convenience Fee: Enable to apply tax to the convenience fee.
- External Default Tax Value: A field used for integrations, where the user has the ability to set the tax rate to an Inclusive or Exclusive tax type for external integration.
- Tax Level *: Configure a tax level once added in Tax Levels from Options menu.
Note: * indicates a tax setting for non-Tax Per Item venues.
If Tax Groups are configured, taxes can be applied to a Vendor Role so the tax(es) will apply to the associated Vendor transactions. For more information on taxes and tax groups, please see Tax Rates and Tax Groups.
- Receipt Text Size: Change the text size on the receipt.
- Auto Print: Determines if the order receipt will automatically print on the KDS after an order is complete.
- Printed Receipt Text: Add a custom message on the receipt (Ex: 'Thanks for your order!').
- Order Number Barcode: Enable to include the barcode.
- Custom Barcode Text: A custom set of numbers can be added here.
- Show Item Return Value on Receipt: If enabled, then print item return value on the receipt.
- Show Item Discount Details: If enabled, then print item discount details on the receipt.
- Receipt Reprint Limit: Set a limit for reprinting receipt (0 means unlimited).
- Show Loyalty points on the Receipt: Print user's loyalty points on the receipt.
- Custom Receipt Header: Add a custom message to the receipt header.
- Custom Receipt Footer: Add a custom message to the receipt footer.
Note: Use the suggested variables to reference existing configuration instead of typing the data.
Mobile Ordering Options
- First Screen: Set the default type of items the user will see on the initial page of the Mobile App.
- Additional Info: Enter any additional notes.
- Receipt Text: Customized text on emailed receipt.
- Wait Time: Determines the time interval in which an automated text message would be sent to the customer once the status of an order changes to In Progress.
- Temporary Wait Time (in minutes): A wait time added for busy hours.
- Temporary Wait Time Duration (minutes left): How long the temporary wait time will be active.
- Pickup Vender: Determines if this vendor allows orders to be picked up.
- Pickup Text Message: Customize the text that will be sent to customers with pickup details.
- Pickup Location: Once the order is ready, a text would notify the customer of where to pick up their order.
- Type: Clarifies whether the vendor sells merchandise or concessions.
- Quick Order: Determines if users can select the Order Again option from recent mobile orders to add the items to the cart and initiate the checkout process.
- Quick Order image: Vendors can have unique images.
- The maximum file size is 4 MB.
- SMS Receipt Text: Custom verbiage on text message the guest will receive along with a link to their receipt when an order is placed.
- SMS on “In Progress”: Enable/Disable SMS sent to the guest on orders deemed as In Progress status.
- Customer Name Label: If not set, the message will default to use the word name during checkout: Please enter your name for the order.
- If set, this label will replace the word with whatever moniker is typed into that field as is required per the mobile ordering setup.
- Customer Name Hint: If set, this field gives the ordering customer a hint at what method to use to label their order.
- Show Numeric-only Keyboard for Customer Name: Enables a keyboard where only numbers are to be used to distinguish an order/customer from another order/customer
Mobile Ordering Transactions
- Convenience Fee: Turn on a surcharge or delivery amount.
- Fee Type: Percentage or Flat Fee.
- Fee Amount: The amount of the desired fee.
- Fee Text: An explanation of the fee for customers.
- Tip Enabled: Provides the customer an option to leave a tip for the employees.
- Require Seat Confirmation: After selecting the seat location and placing an order, a prompt will have the customer confirm their seat again.
- Accountability: Determine if the Operator or Terminal will be tracked for the Cash Handling settings.
- Cash Machine: If a cash machine is integrated with Connect, this flag signifies if the Cash Machine is On or Off.
- Activate All/De-activate All: These buttons Activate or Deactivate all of the Print Receipt settings in a bulk function.
- Tender Type: This column describes the specific Tender Type.
- Print Receipt: Enables/Disables the ability to print a receipt for the specific tender type.
- Payment Based On: A toggle that determines if the payments will be based on the Venue or the Vendor.
- Use Multi-Gateways: Enable/Disable the ability for this Vendor Role to use multiple gateways for payments.
- A.net Login ID *: Enter in a login ID for a.net gateway.
- A.net Transaction Key *: Enter in a.net transaction key in this field.
- Paypal Email *: If Paypal email setup - enter it into this field.
- Stripe Key *: If Stripe key setup - enter it into this field.
- USAePay Key *: If USAePay key setup - enter it into this field.
- Gateway Tokens *: Any gateway tokens will appear here.
- Choose Token *: Dropdown list where gateway tokens can be selected from.
Note: * indicates a setting that is not currently in use.
This login message functionality is used to display a security message that is shown when the user signs on for the day so that legal compliance is met for POS terminal usage.
- Legal Message Title: Enter in the title of the Login Message in this field
- Legal Message Body: Enter in the body of the Login Message in this field
- Enable Shipping: Enable/Disable the Shipping functionality for the Vendor Role.
Activate Buttons Labels
- Easy Split: Button label for the Easy Split function shown in Activate (MORE by default).
Timer (in seconds) for an automatic background refresh to update any data that may have been changed for these configurations. The default setting is 300 seconds.
- Account Settings
- Shared Logins
- Product Settings
- Product Catalog
- Favorite Items
- Item Sets
- Item Coursings
- Day Parts
- Kiosk Themes
- Sales Settings
- Employee Role Payments
- Custom Fees
- Custom Tenders
- Tax Table
- Finalize Day by User
- Parking Passes
- Default Open Theme: The theme set in this field will control what display is defaulted to show on the kiosks when set to Open status.
- Default Closed Theme: The theme set in this field will control what display is defaulted to show on the kiosks when set to Closed status.
- Default Hardware Failure Theme: The theme set in this field will control what display is defaulted to show on the kiosks when the device has a hardware issue.
- Default ADA Theme: The theme set in this field will control what display is defaulted to show on the kiosks when ADA Mode is enabled.
- Enable Hardware Failure Mode: Enable/Disable the Hardware Failure Mode.
- The kiosk will close automatically if there is a hardware failure (Ex. printer jams, CC device encounters issue, etc.).
- Discount Enabled: Enable/Disable Discounts for Interact X.
- Enable ADA Mode: Enable/Disable ability to put a kiosk in ADA Mode.
- The Option will live in the bottom right of the attract screen on the kiosk.
- Plugging in headphones into a storm audio jack or tapping any key on the storm navigation bar will engage ADA mode as well.
The history tab shows the history of changes made to particular fields within this particular Vendor Role.