Appetize Academy - Items/ Category Groups
Want to watch some quick videos on this topic? Check out this course in Appetize Academy for more info.
Category Groups allow for the creation of the various categories and subcategories that appear in Activate to organize the menu items (Ex: Cocktails, Wine, Kids Menu, etc.).
Note: If a Category is created as Level 2, it will be a Subcategory.
POS Categories are also used in a similar fashion.
Create Category Groups
- Click the Category Groups icon on the Corporate Dashboard.
- Click the blue Create button.
Note: Click on the Hamburger icon to export and import data.
- Enter a Display Name and Internal Name.
- Click on Save to finish.
Edit Category Groups
Once the Category is created, select to continue the setup.
- Image: Click to upload an image to personalize the category group.
- Image size should be 500x500 and not exceed 4MB.
- Display Name: The name that will show on the terminal or POS.
- Internal Name: A more detailed name/description of this category group is only visible in Connect.
- Is level 2: Make this category group a category 1 (by default) or category 2.
- Sort Order: Specify a sort order to determine the appearance of category groups at the terminal.
- Button Text Color: Optional feature to customize button text colors in Activate and Interact.
- Button Background Color: Optional feature to customize button colors in Activate and Interact.
Age Restriction: Item restrictions are available to give the end-user the ability to restrict the sale of items and categories by age or external reasons. Select a Restriction from the dropdown to apply to all items in the Category.
Assigned Venues Tab
- To assign a category group to a venue under the assigned venue tab click on the blue Add Venue button.
- Select Assign for the venues that will use the Group.
- There are also Unassign All and Assign All options.
Hierarchy Assignment Tab
- Click on the blue Assign Hierarchy Node button.
- Select Assign to add the Group to an existing Hierarchy.
Assign Category Groups to an Item
- Click the Items icon under the Items section on the Enterprise Connect Dashboard.
- Search for and select the menu item to assign a Category Group.
- Click on the Category Groups tab.
- Click on the blue Add Category Group button for the corresponding level of the Group that needs to be added.
- Click Assign next to the appropriate category.
- Click on the top right X to close the window.