Category Groups allow for the creation of the various categories and subcategories that appear in Activate to organize the menu items (Ex: Cocktails, Wine, Kids Menu, etc.).
Note: If a Category is created as Level 2, it will be a Subcategory.
POS Categories are also used in a similar fashion.
Create Category Groups
- Click the Category Groups icon on the Corporate Dashboard.
- Click the blue Create button.
Note: Click on the Hamburger icon to export and import data.
- Enter a Display Name and Internal Name.
- Click on Save to finish.
Edit Category Groups
Once the Category is created, select to continue the setup.
- Image: Click to upload an image to personalize the category group.
- Image size should be 500x500 and not exceed 4MB.
- Display Name: The name that will show on the terminal or POS.
- Internal Name: A more detailed name/description of this category group only visible in Connect.
- Is level 2: Make this category group a category 1 (by default) or category 2.
- Sort Order: Specify a sort order to determine the appearance of category groups at the terminal.
- Button Text Color: Optional feature to customize button text colors in Activate and Interact.
- Button Background Color: Optional feature to customize button colors in Activate and Interact.
Age Restriction: Item restrictions are available to give the end-user the ability to restrict the sale of items and categories by age or external reasons. Select a Restriction from the dropdown to apply to all items in the Category.
Assigned Venues Tab
- To assign a category group to a venue under the assigned venue tab click on the blue Add Venue button.
- Select Assign for the venues that will use the Group.
- There are also Unassign All and Assign All options.
Hierarchy Assignment Tab
- Click on the blue Assign Hierarchy Node button.
- Select Assign to add the Group to an existing Hierarchy.
Assign Category Groups to an Item
- Click the Items icon under the Items section on the Enterprise Connect Dashboard.
- Search for and select the menu item to assign a Category Group.
- Click on the Category Groups tab.
- Click on the blue Add Category Group button for the corresponding level of the Group that needs to be added.
- Click Assign next to the appropriate category.
- Click on the top right X to close the window.