Page Levels are a security configuration in Connect that determines access to a Connect function or page based on the level assigned within a Connect Role.
To perform actions on a page, the account level must be equal to or higher than the level set for the page. These Levels are created at the discretion of the client and can be customized based on need.
Below is an example guideline of the access a user could have to various Connect modules based on role/level.
- Level 1: Site Administrator = All Access in modules (Create, Delete, Edit, Import, Export)
- Level 5: Manager = Restricted Pages or Functions (Create, Edit)
- Level 10: View Only = Access Pages/Functions (No Create, Delete, Edit, etc.)
Note: Level 1 has the most access and Level 10 has the least access. The lower the number of the role, the higher the access.
Set Up Page Levels
- Select the Security tab on the Corporate Dashboard and choose Page Levels.
- Select the Hamburger icon to export and import the settings.
- Page Levels are broken out by each module in Connect.
- There are 22 modules that will require a Page Level access setting.
- Select a module to edit.
- A window will open with each action associated with the module so a level can be set for each item.
- To perform actions on a page, the account level must be equal to or higher than the level set for the page.
- The access must be higher, but the actual level will be a lower number.
- If Accounts > Create is set to 6, only users with Levels 1-6 assigned to their Connect Role will be able to create accounts.
- If the Connect Role is a Level 7, the user will not be able to create an account.
- The Accounts module has the following options.
- Create: Access to Create Accounts in Connect
- Delete: Access to Delete Accounts in Connect
- Edit: Access to Edit Accounts in Connect
- Export: Access to Export Accounts in Connect
- Import: Access to Import Accounts in Connect
- Click the Pencil icon next to each function to edit the level.
- Hit Enter/Return on the keyboard to save the changes.
- Select each module and set levels for each action using the logic outlined above.
- Accounts Connect
- Cash Room
- Favorite Groups
- Meal Periods
- Pickup Windows
Verify Connect Roles
Once the Page Levels have been configured, verify the Connect Roles have the appropriate level assigned to perform actions in Connect.
- Select Connect Roles under the Accounts section on the Connect Dashboard.
- Verify the Level assigned is correct based on the Role's function.
- Click Level to sort the roles by access.
- Select a Role to edit.