Kiosk Themes allow customizations to Interact Kiosk that include images/videos, button texts, and color schemes. This replaces the old JSON build-out and all images and video content are now hosted within Appetize.
Note: Kiosk themes can only be created at the Corporate level.
Creating Enterprise Level Kiosk Themes
To access Kiosk Themes, navigate to the UI Customization section.
Create a Theme
- To create a new Kiosk Theme, Select Add Theme.
- Name: This is the name of the kiosk theme and can be named depending on the schema.
- User Selectable: This will allow the user to switch between themes
- Default Orientation: There are two different orientations at the kiosk.
- Select Save.
There are two additional fields that are available once the Kiosk Theme is created.
- Select the Theme to edit.
- Kiosk Closed: This allows the kiosk to be closed from Connect
- Require Manual Open: This requires the user to have to open the kiosk from the local terminal
- Select the green Checkmark to save the changes.
- Timeout after (seconds): This is the timeout in seconds for inactivity.
- Message Text: Displays this message text when the inactivity timeout is reached.
- Display Message (seconds): This is how long the display message will appear before canceling the order and going back to the attract screen.
- Display Order Confirmation (seconds): Timeout for order confirmation screen before returning to attract screen.
- Alcohol Warning
- Alcohol Warning Message: Allows customization of the alcohol popup that appears when selecting an item that is flagged as alcohol to alert that ID is required.
- Accept Button: Allows customization of the yes/accept button for the alcohol message.
- Reject Button: Allows customization of the No/Reject button for the alcohol message.
Images and Videos Tab
Note: Images and Videos must be loaded into the Content module to allow assignments within this tab.
- Attract Screen: This the main image or video that appears on the first screen on the kiosk
- Default Item Image: if no image is programmed on the items, this will be what appears as the default image
- Default Category Image: if no image is programmed on the POS Category, this will be what appears as the default image
- Default Category Icon: this the default image that would display on the category navigation bar on the bottom of the screen
- Grid Page Background: This would set an image on the background of the category and item grid display.
- Tender Selections Page Background: this is the background image or video that appears when selecting place order and all the payment options will display.
- Order Confirmation Screen Background: this image appears once the order is completed and confirms the order.
- Item Details Area Background: This is the image that appears on the background area of the item details while ordering
- Discounts: This section is currently only available for a 3rd party integration and cannot be used for Enterprise customization.
- Prompt Image: This allows for a customized image to appear on the discount.
- Prompt Header: This allows customization to the message that appears to display asking if there is a discount to apply.
- Success Image: This allows for a customized image to appear once the discount is applied successfully.
- Success Header: This allows for a customized header to appear once the discount is applied successfully.
- Success Message: This allows for a customized message to appear once the discount is applied successfully.
- Order Confirmation Header: This is the header text on the order confirmation page
- Order Confirmation Instructional Text: This is text on the order confirmation page that can guide guests to head to a specific area or grab a pager.
- Tender Selection Screen Header: This text allows customization of the top header of the tender selection screen.
Theme Options tab allows for customizing colors within the Kiosk. These are all grouped into Primary Colors, UI Colors, and Support Colors. This functionality is still being built out for fully customized options.