Day Parts are created in Connect and assigned to individual items to allow for a change of availability for different times of the day and week. They can be created at the Enterprise level or at the Venue Level.
Note: In Order to use the ENT Day Parts, Legacy Day Parts must be disabled on the Corporate Level. Please contact Support for assistance.
Creating Enterprise Level Day Parts
- Navigate to the Day Parts button within the Location section of Connect.
- Select the blue Create Button.
- Fill out the following fields
- Name: This will be the name identifier for the Day Part (Example: Monday Breakfast Special, Lunch, Happy Hour, etc).
- External ID: Not a required field but appears in the API if configured.
- Occurs On: Select which day(s) the daypart will be active. Multiples days can be selected if applicable.
- Beginning / End Time: Select the Start and End time that the day part will be active for each day.
- Select Save to finish adding the Day Part.
Assign to Venues
The next step is to select the Day Part and identify which venues should be assigned.
- Select the newly created Day Part to edit.
- Click the Assigned Venues tab.
- Locate the venue and select the Assign button to add the Day Part to the venue.
Applying a Day Part to an Item
Once the Day Part has been created, it can be applied to the relevant items at the enterprise level. If created at the enterprise level, the day part must be assigned at the enterprise level.
- Navigate to Items and select the relevant item that will be assigned this day part.
- Select the Availability tab.
- Click Create to add a new rule.
- Select Day Part under Type.
- Choose the appropriate Day Part from the list.
- Save the change.
- Adjust the additional item availability settings
- Sold as Item: This flag identifies if it is sold as an item, or as a modifier. This option is only visible if the Enterprise is using Items as Modifiers.
- Start Date: This is the start date of the day part and only needs to be set if it's within a specific date parameter.
- End Date: This is the end date of the day part and only needs to be set if it's within a specific date parameter.
- Always Available: If a day part is being assigned, this must be set to No because it will not always be available. It will only be available within the day part parameters that are set on the item.