Reasons are created to keep track of actions processed within Activate. Reasons are used to describe and audit the following Activate POS functions:
- POS Price Changes
- Cash Drawer Open / No Sale
- Clearing the Cart
- Manual Reduction (item or cart level)
- Tax Exemption
- Cancel Check
- Cash Action Paid In
- Cash Action Paid Out
Reason Groups are used to assign Reasons at the Vendor Role level.
An example group would be Refund/Void with the Reasons someone would be voiding an order (Damaged Item, Incorrect Size, Guest Satisfaction, etc.). The cashier must select a reason when processing the return and it will be reported with the refund details.
To access Reasons in Connect, navigate to the Location section at the bottom of the home page.
Once on the All Reasons page, Reasons can be created and edited as needed.
- To create a new Reason, click Add Reason in the top right corner.
- Enter the details for the Reason.
- Name: The name of the Reason
- Code: A numeric and/or letter abbreviation for the Reason.
- Requires Validation: Whether the Reason will need Manager Approval.
- If Requires Validation is set to YES, additional options appear.
- Offline Apply: Select Yes to allow, No to disable and Approval to require Manager Override.
- Decline Apply: Select Yes to allow, No to disable and Approval to require Manager Override.
- Save to finish adding the Reason.
From the All Reasons page, every Reason can be viewed in list form. A Search bar at the top of the screen allows for users to narrow down the Reasons. Users can also sort by Name or Code.
To delete a Reason, click the trash can icon.
Additional Config Required
Reasons are assigned to Reason Groups. Reason Groups are how Reasons are assigned at the Vendor Role level to utilize within Activate.