Item Sets allow users to create a grouping of items classified as modifiers to attach to items to create steps within the Item hierarchy. This function is comparable with Modifier Groups and Wizard Steps from Classic Connect. Enterprise Connect offers more options to manage and separate modifiers per menu item.
Note: This feature is compatible with the new Modifiers as Items function.
Create Item Sets
- Select the Item Sets icon on the Corporate Dashboard under Items.
- Select the blue Create button.
- Fill in the details once the Create Item Set box opens
- Name: Item Set Name (Ex: Burger Prep or Nacho Prep) this unique name will describe the modifiers to assist when applying to the menu item.
- Display Name: How the Item Set name will display on the terminal/POS side.
- Item Set Type: Click on the drop-down and select one of the three options listed. The three options will determine the behavior and how the item set will be utilized within and item.
- Modifier: Items added to compliment the main item sold (Ex: Modifiers like Cheese, Bacon, Tomatoes on the Burger item).
- Additional: Additional Modifier Item Sets are a grouping of modifiers that users can associate to a root item, item set, or a modifier.
- These sets represent modifiers that are not specifically associated with the root item hierarchy but they are allowed to be added.
- Under this category, you can add items like Extra cheese, Extra onions, Extra fries, etc.
- Instruction: Instruction Item sets are a group of modifiers that have the clarification of an instruction.
- Instructions are usually a grouping of actions that can be applied to a root item or modifier nodes in the item hierarchy
- In this option, you can add items like No mushrooms, Over Medium, Mayo on the side, etc.
- Select Create to save.
Configure the Item Sets
Once the new Item Set is created, click to edit the Details.
- Name: The name of the Item Set.
- Display Name: The display name of the Item Set in Activate.
- Interact Display Name: Choose a different display name if needed for Interact (self-service ordering).
- Item Set Type: The selected type; this cannot be changed after creating.
- Active Toggle: Determines if the item set is active and available to be utilized in an item hierarchy tree.
- Description: Information that describes the item set.
- Sort Order: The order of how the item set should appear in relation to other item sets that are a part of an item hierarchy node.
- Unique ID: A unique identifier can be set to be associated with the item set.
- External ID: An external identifier can be set to be associated with the item set.
- Min Qty: The minimum quantity of selected modifiers related to the item set. Setting this option to 0 makes this modifier step optional and not required.
- Example: The user must select at least 1 item related to this item set.
- Max Qty: The maximum quantity of selected modifiers related to the item set.
- Example: The user may only select 3 items related to the item set.
- Click Save to confirm any changes.
Adding Items/Modifiers to Item Sets
- Click on the Items tab.
- Click on the blue Add Item button.
- Once the items list appears, select each item to add by selecting the assign button next to the item.
- Once you are done assigning items, click on the X to close this box.
- Click on the blue Save button.
Note: The Items must be created prior to assigning as part of the Item Set.
Item Set Modifier Configuration
After items are assigned, there are multiple fields can be customized for each.
- Sort Order: A numeric value assigned to the modifier to determine its display position within the item set.
- Name: The name of the modifier assigned to the item set.
- Default Price: The configured price of the modifier.
- Default: Defines which items will appear as default for this item set.
- Increases Max: Defines if a modifier will increase the count related to the max quantity associated with an Item Set.
- Pricing Mode: Defines how modifier prices will impact the order pricing content for this item set.
- Adds modifier price to order (default): This indicates that the modifier price should be added to the order, in addition to the parent item price.
- Included in parent price: This indicates that the modifier price is already included in the parent item price and should not be added to the order.
- Increases Parent Price: This indicates that the modifier price should be added to the parent item price.
- Exceeds Max: This defines if the user can select the item and exceed the maximum quantity for this item set.
- Exceeds Max Price: This defines the price for a modifier if the user chooses it to exceed the max amount on the item set.
Assign Item Sets to an item
- Click the Items icon on the Corporate Dashboard.
- Find the menu item in the list by searching or scrolling.
- Click on the Item Set hierarchy icon as seen below.
Once the Item Map screen loads, follow the steps below to complete the assignment.
- Click on the + sign.
- From the three tabs on the top, select to view the Item Sets associated with each Type.
- Click Assign to add an Item Set.
- Close the box by clicking on the X in the top right.
- Click on the blue Save button.
Depending on the setup of the item, the hierarchy can be very detailed. If the modifier needs its own modifier, different levels can be added to achieve this workflow.
The example below shows the burger prep item set, having the modifiers of cheese, pickles, and tomatoes. To further customize the cheese, it would be assigned an additional item set to select the type of cheese.