User Actions can now be configured to allow external systems to be launched from the Action Panel located in Activate.
These can be used to configure a link to a shipping partner, a relevant document for the customer to review, or an internal management site.
Configuring User Actions at the Enterprise Level
To access User Actions, navigate to the User Actions button within the Location section of the Enterprise Connect Dashboard.
Create User Action
- Select the blue Create button.
- Enter the information for the new User Action.
- Name: Name of User Action.
- Display Name: Displayed name of User Action in Activate.
- External Reference: External URL to be launched when the button is selected in Activate.
- Type: EXTERNAL_WEB_APPLICATION
- Location: From the drop-down menu, select where the User Action will be displayed.
- FINALIZE_DAY: The button will display on the Finalize Day menu.
- ACTION_PANEL: The button will display in the in the Actions menu.
- Window Title: This will be what will show on the top of the external web page.
- location_bar: Show the web page URL.
- display_name: Show the name programmed while creating the user action.
- None: Show nothing.
- Click the Save button.
Configure User Action
Once the User Action is created, select to display additional configuration options.
- Active: Yes or No
- Button Background Color: Color Gradient can be used to select color or Hex Code of color can be entered
Button Text Color: Color Gradient can be used to select color or Hex Code of color can be entered
Configure Terminal Role:
Navigate to "Options" and select "Terminal Roles".
Under the "General" tab set "Show Actions" to "Yes".
Assigned Venues Tab
- Select the Assigned Venues tab.
- Click the Add Venue button.
- Select Assign to add the Venues.
Access in Activate
Once assigned to the venue, the User Action will display In Activate at the assigned location to take the user to an external page.