Side Panel Overview
The side panel is accessed by tapping the Hamburger icon in the top left-hand corner of the main home screen. The menu is broken into three subsections: Cashier, Manager, and Item and Check Grids.
- All Orders
- Finalize Day
- Assign Cash drawer
- Open Cash Drawer
- Cash Management
Resize Item & Check Grids
- Item Grid Columns
- Item Text Size
- Check Grid Columns
- Log out
- If any of these options are configured to require an Admin PIN to access (via Permissions Sets > Menu tab or Employee Role > Manager Override), they will migrate to the Manager section of the side menu.
- Some of these options can change depending on what is enabled in the Permission Sets.
Access the Activate Side Panel Menu
- Log into Activate
- Tap the Hamburger menu button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- The Side Panel will appear on the left side of the screen.
1. Cashier Section
The All Orders tab contains the transaction history made on a specific date or all dates by a specific Account. It lists the orders by Order ID, Check Name, Employee, Last Touch, Order Type, Order Time, and Amount.
Note: This may ask for a Manager PIN depending on the Employee Role/Manager Override settings.
- Employee: The dropdown defaults to ALL but can be used to choose a specific employee.
- Open Search: Enter any parameter or string to search (Employee, Customer Name, Order ID, Amount, etc)
- Order Type: Filter the orders by a specific Order Type.
- Date: Filter by Date of the transactions.
- Order Status: The Orders will be displayed on the tab that corresponds to their current status.
- Closed: Transactions that have processed successfully.
- Open: Transactions that have been created as an Open Check and have not been closed.
- Offline orders: Transactions that are in a queue awaiting transaction upload and verification.
- Sync/Declined orders: Transactions that could not process successfully.
This will place the screen into Refund Mode, which will allow you to enter in any items or orders to be refunded.
Note: An Order can also be refunded under the Closed tab of the All Orders screen.
All synced printers will be listed.
The Diagnostics tab shows the current status of the device along with diagnostic information.
- Peripherals: A list of peripheral devices and their current status.
- A Green Check will appear if a peripheral is communicating to the POS.
- A Red X will appear if the connection is down.
- Version: The Activate version that is currently installed on the device.
- IP Address: The current IP Address of the device.
- Terminal ID: The ID that was assigned to the terminal.
- Force Check In: The terminal will check in with the server rather than wait for the next auto check in.
- Send Diagnostic Info: Support may also ask a user to send Diagnostics that contains logs from the device that can be used to troubleshoot an issue.
- Reset Cash Drawer Assignments: Remove the current cash drawer assignments.
Finalize Day is used to view Sales totals generally at the end of a shift or event. Totals can be viewed for the specific employee logged in to the POS at that moment under SERVER TOTALS or all totals for that specific POS Terminal under LOCAL TOTALS.
The screen will provide a summary, as well as the amount of Cash, Credit, House, and Custom Tender totals including Sales, Fees, Tips, and Taxes.
- Print Totals: Print the details currently on the screen to a Receipt Sheet. This could then allow the manager to include this with the Cashier’s money to balance in the Office.
- Open Cash Drawer: Open the Cash drawer to count the current cash totals.
- Show All Items Sold: A breakdown of items sold by the Server or Terminal.
- Shift Close: Not currently utilized in ActivateX.
- Logout: Logout the current user to the Employee Login screen.
The POS will automatically update any changes you make in Connect. In some cases, you may not want to wait for the auto-update to run and can manually initiate a Refresh by selecting this option. It may take up to 30 seconds to run.
Assign Cash Drawer
This will allow the manager to assign the cash drawer for the employee currently logged into the POS. Please see Cash Drawer Assignment for more detail.
2. Manager Section
Auto Print allows the completed transactions, including offline, to automatically print once payment is received.
Open Cash Drawer
The cash drawer will pop when selected.
Note: Depending upon how the Venue is set up in Connect, a PIN may be required for access to some of these features.
This will take you to the Cash Management Screen. This will allow you to create and view:
- Cashiers Starting Bank
- Initiate any Cash Drops
- Pay In or Out
- Enter Cash End
This should only be used when Check Syncing is turned on.
Log out of Activate and return to the original login screen.
3. Resize Item & Check Grids Section
Item Grid Columns
This will allow the current user to configure their Menu screen to show items between 3 and 6 columns. The size of the buttons will decrease as more columns are configured allowing more items to appear on the screen at one time. Fewer columns will increase the size of the buttons while decreasing the number of items that can appear on the screen.
Item Text Size
This will allow the user to change the size of the font displayed for the Price and Name of the item. This setting can be changed to increase or decrease the size with preset options between 12 and 32.
Check Grid Columns
This will control the number of Open Checks that are displayed on the Checks Screen and can be configured with 3 or 4 columns.