Finalize Payment with Order Types
Orders can be finalized to payment with a number of options available. These options can be configured by the user in Connect.
One option involves order types. If enabled when the user taps the checkout button at the bottom of the item cart and a popup window appears.
- A pop up window for order details appears. The user can (optional)
- Choose the order type which will print on the customer receipt, show on the KDS screen and print on the KDS chit.
- Enter a customer name or other information ex. buzzer number.
- Once all info is entered, the user taps checkout to go to the payment screen.
Finalize Payment without Order Types
If order types are not enabled, you can select the checkout button and go directly to the payment screen
Finalize Payment - Payment Screen
The payment screen has core payments (cash, credit) as well as options that can be configured by the user in Connect. Before the user selects a payment method the payment screen displays from left to right:
- Available payment options
- Balance (Updates to the remaining amount if split payments are used ex. cash/credit card until full payment is completed)
- Item cart with items and total
Payment options include but are not limited to:
- Loyalty (ex. Level Up, Olo, Givex, Stadis, Fortress)
- Custom Tenders (ex. House Accounts)
- Submit without Payment
- Gift Cards
Finalize Payment, Payment Screen, Cont.
When Cash is selected the user has several options to finalize payment.
- Select the Total button left of the number pad to finalize the order with no change calculated. Using this option will take the user immediately to the Thank You screen.
- Activate offers the 3 most likely amounts a customer will pay based on the total. Selecting one of those options, Activate will finalize the order while displaying the correct change to be given back to the customer
- The user can also use the number pad to manually type in an amount not offered ex. a $100 bill. Once entered the user selects the green check mark and will go to the Thank You screen with the correct change displayed to be given back to the customer
Activate accepts the majority of options available for credit and debit. This includes:
- Chip (Chip cards must use the reader and insert the card. If the chip doesn’t work the user/customer will be prompted to swipe after the 3rd attempt)
- Tap (ex. Apple Pay, Google Pay)
- Manual (external credit card reader must be able to accept manual entry)
For PCI compliance all card transactions must be completed through the external device ex. Freedom Pay IPP350 or ISMP4
When the button credit card is selected the external credit card reader will prompt the user/customer to use what methods are available (ex. insert, slide, tap). Activate will show Please Wait until the transaction is approved or declined. If approved Activate will go to the Thank You screen.
- If Digital Signature is enabled, the customer will sign on the screen then select finalize payment
- If Tips are enabled, the customer will choose a suggested tip or enter a custom amount
Receipt options are also available on the Thank You screen. This is configurable in Connect. Options include: Print, Email and Text. You can also configure if and what receipts print (ex. itemized, cc voucher with tip, and signature line).