Activate X: Categories, Types and Descriptions
Categories are used to control and link functionality within Activate. There are different types for different use cases.
- Reporting: Align and organize items for reporting, control discount availability and functionality.
- POS Categories: Allow the user to edit and create up to 10 levels of category groups that are visible at the bottom of the main Activate screen. Required for Interact/Self Service Kiosk (with an attached image).
- Note: This is only accessible via the Corporate view of Connect(Back Office).
- Category Groups: If you’re not using POS Categories, these have the same functionality as POS Categories except the following:
- Cannot edit first level (hardcoded)
- Not used for Interact/Self Service Kiosk
Activate X: Reporting Categories
When created in Connect, reporting categories become an option to assign eligible discountable items.
- Step 1: Select Categories
- Step 2: Assign Categories
When you want to apply a discount to an item in the cart, the eligible discounts now appears for the user to select.
Activate X: POS Categories
Once configured in Connect, the POS categories will appear at the bottom of the main Activate screen. Initially the first level (Parent) is visible. If additional levels (Children) were created, they become visible when you select a first level POS category. Additional levels will follow the parent level they are linked to.
Activate X: Category Groups
Category Groups function in the same way as POS Categories. The main difference is the user cannot edit or create new first level categories. These are hardcoded into All, Alcohol, Drink, Food and Merch. Category Groups follow the same logic as POS Categories re: levels 2+.