This article will provide the steps on how to pair your Ingenico iSMP4 to an Android device.
- The device should be fully charged prior to use if it will be used in a mobile environment.
- Only the included USB-C cable can be used to charge the device as no other cable is compatible.
- The device can be powered on by holding the power button on the upper right side for several seconds until you hear a series of beeps and text begins to appear.
- The device is powered off by holding the power button for several seconds.
- The device can be rebooted by holding the Yellow and .,#* buttons for several seconds.
Note: If the device is plugged into power, it will turn on automatically.
Connecting to an Android Tablet
- Turn the iSMP4 device on (see above).
- During the boot process, you will see a screen like below.
- Once this screen is present, quickly press 2-6-3-4-GREEN.
- This will bring you to the device settings page.
- Select the options as they appear below using the F3 button to scroll and the Green button to select.
- 0 TELIUM MANAGER
- 3 INITIALIZATION
- 2 HARDWARE
- 6 BLUETOOTH
- 5 ADVANCE OPTIONS
- 2 PAIRING MODE
- Make sure PIN ENTRY is enabled
- Once selected, press the RED button until you navigate back to PRESS F FOR MENU display
- Press and hold the Yellow and .,#* buttons to reboot the device.
- During the boot process, the iSMP4 will display BT PAIRING REQUIRED
- Select STANDARD and navigate back to the Android device and turn Bluetooth on.
- Find the iSMP4 device and enter the PIN number displayed to connect.
- Once connected, follow the instructions on the terminal and reboot the device to save options.
If you wish to disconnect from the existing Android device and connect to a new one, follow these steps:
- Press F-F-F-F on the ISMP 4 device (you can do this anywhere)
- Select CHANGE PORT
- Select CHANGE SETTINGS
- This will disconnect the current device and you can now connect the same way mentioned above to a new device.