- Split Check
We’ve added the ability to split checks by items into separate orders via Activate. Because of this new Activate feature, some Connect changes have been made. They are mostly configuration steps (so what to do if you want Activate to enable Split Check) and lots of database configurations.
How Split Check works? 3 people (Joe, Bob, and Nick) are sitting at one table. On Activate, some items (coke, Fanta, French Fries, Burger) are already ordered. They are placed on one check opened by Joe. Bob, or Nick decide to leave. They want to have separate orders. Currently - we split the original check made by Joe in three orders via Activate. Activate basic Flow: 1. Open Activate (! You need to have version with Check Sync, so minimum Activate Android 2.10.0). 2. Add some items to the cart and tap "Check" button. 3. Open the check with name / Credit Card / seat. 3. If split check is enabled for the Vendor, you'll be able to tap Split Check button. 4. Click on item(s) you want to move to another Check and move them to a newly added split. You can edit the check name by clicking on the check textfield. Additional information: 1. Split Check is available in POS (Point Of Sale) and REST (Restaurant) modes. 2. It is possible to split checks in Offline and Online modes. 3. Split Check works only for Venues that have Check Syncing enabled. Connect > Check Reports To check your reports, navigate to Connect > Orders > Checks. You'll see that each of your split checks for the same Vendor will be treated as separate orders (they won't be shown as one order divided into few)
To setup Split Check for the Vendor, you need to:
a) Have Check Syncing enabled for the Venue.
- Log in to Connect Admin panel https://admin.appetizeapp.com
- Click on the correct Venue from Venues list
- On Venue Details page, you will see a settings button located on the right side of the page next to the “Edit” button
- Click on the three-dots button
- Choose “Additional Settings”
- In the Venue General section, you’ll find “Check Syncing” toggle
- Change Check Syncing to “Enabled” and save your changes
Result: Check Syncing is turned on for the whole Venue
Note! Check Syncing is important for Split Checks, as each check order needs to have individual UUID to be able to divide check.
b) Enable Split Checks for Vendor Role.
- Navigate to Connect > Options > Vendor Roles and select the correct one
- Click to edit Vendor Role
- Change “Enable Split Checks” to YES
Save your changes
c) Enable Split Checks for Employee Role.
- Navigate to Connect > Options > Employee Roles and select the correct one
- Click to edit Employee Role
- Find “Enable Split Checks” toggle under “General” Tab
- Change “Enable Split Checks” to Enabled
- Save your changes
2. Inventory – purchase order delivery date.
Currently, it is possible to edit the delivery date when a purchase order is delivered.
- Navigate to Inventory > Purchase Orders
- Create “New Purchase Order”
- Select Distributor and Warehouse from the drop-down and confirm the purchase order
- Set the delivery date
- User is able to edit the delivery date in the Confirm Delivery Screen
- It’s possible to pick up a delivery date less or equal than the current date in Confirm Delivery Screen
- Inventory > Purchase Orders.
- Open Inventory > Purchase Orders
- Click the green button “New Purchase Order”
- Select Distributor and Warehouse from the drop-down options and click create a purchase order
- On the next screen, click on the delivery date field and adjust the date to before the current date
Fixed behavior: Now, the system allows for a date input that’s before the current date
2. Category Recap Report by Vendor Breakdown – issues with total tender calculation.
- Open Events > Calendar > Add an Event that is marked as inventory event
- Click continue and assign vendors
- Open inventory event
- Using Activate, ring in some cash transactions for the vendors
- Navigate to Events > Standsheets and for each vendor on the standsheet page, update count in a count out values for some items so that expected sold value is greater than zero
- Close standsheets
- Navigate to Reports > Inventory > Category Recap and select the event from event drop down by adjusting the date filters accordingly
- From the vendor group filter, select correct vendor groups
- Download the report
Fixed behavior: Total Tender for each vendor group on the vendor group breakdown section of the report matches total tender from the consolidated vendor section
3. When adding items via Connect, the item icon does not show up on Activate.
- Open Connect > Items
- Add an item and assign it to vendor
- Choose an icon for the item and save it
Fixed behavior: Now, when opening Activate, the item icon is displayed correctly.
4. Issues with modifier price.
- Create a check order via Activate (e.g. 1 item with 3 modifiers) and closeout the transaction
- Open Connect, navigate to Orders > Checks and open the check you’ve just finalized
- Fixed behavior: 1 item and 3 modifiers are visible on the list. All prices are visible.
1. Improved UI for inventory items.
- Navigate to Inventory > Items
- Check that there is a new filtering option below the search bar called “Items Listing”
- Click the button(s) to see inventory items that:
– are recipe items
– are not recipe items
– or click “All Items” to get rid of search filtering
2. Inventory > True Up Count improvements.
- When you’re on True Up Count page you can see that there is a new “Export Options” button
- When you click it, you can export various count sheets for all locations
- Selecting a blind export excludes current counts. A blind export also should not show the variance value. This field should be left blank.
- Exporting a not blind export would show current count values on the count sheet
- Count sheet items should be grouped by category and match with listing in Connect
- Count sheet should match Connect input fields so that a user can record values for Sales, Inventory and Purchase units
3. Reports Refund toggle added to Venue settings.
- Open Settings > Venue
- Scroll down to “Reports” section
- Check out new toggle “Report Refund”. It has two options: Date Refund / Date Order
- The new toggle allows to decide on a vendor level, whether the refund date happens:
on the day of the original transaction = Date Order or on the day of the refund = Date Refund
When the toggle is set to “Date Refund” you can:
1. Make new transactions, and refunded those transactions
2. Run the Refunds Report (Reports > End Of Show) and see the transactions
3. Place refunds from orders a week prior
4. Run the Refunds report for today and totals from both dates will be shown in the total
When the toggle is set to “Date Order” you can:
1. Make new transactions, and refund those transactions
2. Run the Refunds Report (Reports > End Of Show) and see the transactions
3. Placed refunds from orders a week prior
4. Ran the Refunds report for today and see that only the refunds with orders placed today will be shown
1. Reports > Inventory > Purchase Item History Report.
Event Name drop-down menu has been removed from that report as it is not needed there
2. Inventory – user is not allowed to change the item unit of a purchase order when it’s delivered.
- Navigate to Inventory > Purchase Orders
- Create a new Purchase Order
- Mark the Purchase Order as delivered
- User cannot change the ordered quantity when a purchase order is delivered
- User cannot change the unit of purchase when a purchase order is delivered
- Reports > End of Show > Discount.
We’ve fixed the display of Grand Total summary for Discounts.
Currently, when you run that report, you’ll see that the summary of Discounts matches the sum of all discounts added for the Venue.
- Problems when trying to delete Category Group from Connect > Options > Category Groups.
- Inventory Items search – bugfixes.
- Problems with assigning Day Parts to items.
- Open Options > Day Parts
- Choose already existing Day Part, or create a new one
- If you create new Day Parts: enter a name and time for your Day Part and Save
- Hit Items > and select one item
- Open the “Availability” tab and scroll down to Availability. Click the blue “Create” button
- Click Day Part, select your Day Part and Save the action
- Result: Day Part is successfully assigned to item(s)
- Inventory > Reports > Inventory Value Report
We’ve fixed issues with incorrect Quantity and Cost for items displayed.
- Vendor stand sheets – problems with auto completing when an event is opened.
- Create an inventory event with at least one Vendor assigned
- Go to Inventory > Transfers > choose “Create Event”
- Select warehouse for the origin and one of the Vendors assigned to the event in step 1 as the destination
- Click “Planned” for Transfers and continue
- Add some items to the transfer, scroll down to add quantity and confirm
- Reach the Events section > Manage Events > Open the event using the “hamburger” menu
- Choose view stand sheets
- Correct behavior now: Vendors that have planned transfers for the event should be in opened status
- Problems with assigning Day Parts to items.
4. Skidata Loaded Value – changes in repositories. Additional information about the location added.
5. Reports – issues with custom refunds.
When performing custom refunds at Point Of Sale, those refunds were not reflected on Connect Reports such as Tender Type, Category Sales.
- Closing Vendors in Events – performance improvements.
- Under the hood improvements related to outdated YellowDog barcodes.
- Small changes have been made into the code
- We’ve added “Inactive” text to unused items so that the new items can take the previously assigned barcodes
To catch the change, look at the below example: -> previously: “Burger” item had “12345” code -> changed to: “Burger” item is marked as “12345INACTIVE” now: “Burrito” item can take the “12345” code, as it’s no longer used by “Burger” item
- Inventory Items – general performance improvements
- “Description” field added to Items page.
- Navigate to the Items page and open any item
- On Details page see the new field “Description”
- Make sure that the toggle above the field “Show Description” is set to YES
- Save your changes
- Open Items page again
- See that item’s Description shows up on main Items page under “Description”
- Additionally, the “Description” placed on Items page is sortable – so that you can sort description i.e. alphabetically
- Apply tax to fee.
Note! This setting is available only for Venues that have “Tax per Item” Venue setting disabled.
To be able to add tax to fee, you need to:
- Navigate to Connect > Options > Employee Role
- Select the correct Employee Role
- Go to Fee/Tax/Tip tab
- Set Fee i.e. convenience fee and select fee type
- Navigate to Options > Vendor Role
- Open one Vendor Role
- Go to “Taxes”
- Reach the toggle “Apply Tax To Fee”
- Switch the toggle to “Yes”
- Then, open Activate
- Add any item to the cart
- Process the transaction to any tender
- Fee should be taxed
- Inventory – ability for users to edit Sales Unit, Inventory Unit or Purchase Unit cost. Note: To be able to edit Cost of Goods, make sure that your Connect Role is properly set:
- Navigate to Connect > Options > Connect Roles
- Select your Role
- Look at Inventory Settings > Edit Cost of Goods Change the switch to YES
- Save your changesThen, to be able to edit those fields, you need to:
- Navigate to Inventory > Items
- Select one of the items there
- Go to “Cost of Goods” field
- When you click on “Cost of Goods” you’ll see three fields there:
- Result: The fields are editable for the user. When cost for one unit is updated, the system recalculates the cost of the other units based on the defined conversion rates. How is it calculated?
Cost of Goods Inventory Unit = Cost of Goods Sales Unit * Conversion to Inventory Unit Cost of Goods Purchase Unit = Cost of Goods Inventory Unit * Conversion to Purchase Unit
- Result: The fields are editable for the user. When cost for one unit is updated, the system recalculates the cost of the other units based on the defined conversion rates. How is it calculated?
- Stand sheets – update in UI. Now we show there Time of Vendor Closed
- Navigate to Events > Stand Sheets
- Check if there are any stand sheets closed. If no, close one of them.
- Click on the blue “Closed” Standsheet status
- You’ll see there a box with Vendor event information, dates and exact time of closing included
03/28/2017 12:40 AM Closed Date 12/08/2017 02:38 AM
- Reports – Inventory Value by GL Account now available in PDF format.
To download the report, access:
- Reports > Inventory > Value by GL Account
- Select your report criteria
- Scroll down to “Choose document type” dropdown
- Select “PDF Report”
- Reports – Vendor Group filter added to the following inventory value reports:
- Reports > Inventory > Category Value
- Reports > Inventory > Inventory Value
- Reports > Inventory > True Up Full History Report
- User can select one or more vendor groups
- User can choose to display each vendor group separately or consolidated
- “Description” field added to Items page.
- Small fixes in Connect > Accounts > Search bar.
- Issues when trying to exclude a Vendor from the created Inventory event.
Read an example of fixed behavior:
- Create an Inventory event using the “Events” module
- Then, go to Inventory > Transfers > Create Transfers
- Select origin and destination. The destination should be one of the Vendors included in the created Inventory event
- Change the transfer status to Planned and click continue to add items and complete the transfer
- Navigate to Events >Manage events and click on the event you created in step one
- Try to exclude the vendor that you did not create a planned transfer for
- Now, you can exclude Vendor that has no planned transfers for the event
- Issues with inconsistent price levels displayed on standsheets.
Previously – when doing Count In via Activate, item price was changed to the default price level.
Now, after Counting In via Activate, the user goes back to Connect to refresh the standsheet and check the price of the item. It should be displayed correctly – with the price level set per Vendor, not the default one.
- Sorting Category Groups – fixes.
- Open Connect > Options > Category Groups
- Add two Category Groups. One with “Sort Order” = 1, and other with “Sort Order” = 2
- Navigate to Items and assign one item to the first Category, and another item to the second Category Group you’ve just created
- Log into Activate
- See that Category Groups sort themselves based on the “Sort Order” set via Connect. That means that items with assigned Sort Order = 1 would be displayed first on Activate menu
- Reports > End of show > Credit Card Breakdown
Previously, there was an issue with the correct display of split transactions on that report.
Now, when you:
- Add some items via Activate, tap the “More” button and choose split payment
- Pay for the first Split part with i.e. Stadis payment
- Hit the checkmark and tap Credit Card
- Tap “Complete Order”
- The order goes through successfully
- In Connect click on Reports > End of Show
- Click Credit Card Breakdown > generate i.e. excel report type
- Full Credit Card information would be correctly pulled on the report
- Report > End of Show > Category Sales
The button “Vendor Group” that is used to select the correct Vendor Group presented on the report is now fixed. Now, when the user filters Vendors / Vendor Groups – only the selected choices would be generated in the Category Sales report.
- Inventory item default price – changes.
- Go to Connect > Inventory > Items > Create an item
- Enter the name and click save
- From items page, search and open the item you’ve just created
- Edit the item by changing “Show Price” toggle to YES
- Save changes
- Changed behaviour: Item cannot be saved when “Show Price” is set to YES without adding a value to the default price level price
- Connect > Reports > End of Show > Refunds report
- Refund Reasons provided in that report are now more detailed
- Depending on previous Venue settings, the Report would now show such information as: Void Reason, Admin PIN
- Inventory – quantity for Units when creating Transfers.
Preconditions: Vendor must have Inventory enabled and must have at least one Item that is assigned to a Warehouse and a Vendor. That Item must have different Conversions to Units that aren’t 1:1. Item must have a quantity present in Warehouse you are transferring from.
- Log in to Connect and navigate to Inventory > Items
- Take note of an Inventory Item’s quantity in its details and take note of the Item’s Conversion to Units
- Navigate to Inventory > Transfers
- Click the blue ‘Create Transfer’ button to create a new Transfer
- Choose the Warehouse that has the Item present for your Origin and then choose a Vendor to transfer the Item to for your Destination. Click the blue ‘Continue’ button
- Click the blue ‘Add’ button next to the Inventory Item that you are going to transfer so that it moves below to the Items you will be transferring
- Notice the Unit that is selected and the Origin Stock number that is present based off your Unit
Fixed behavior: When creating a Transfer, the Units that are present for the Items you want to transfer should be correct and should match what was ordered and what is present for the Venue.
- Logs: when signing into a Venue from either admin or directly, logs show the current Venue ID.
- Fixes in the API response for different types of refunds.
- Exports from Connect – performance improvements.
- Trying to export a PDF report for Tender Type Report shows faulty formatting for numbers.
Now, when you access Connect > Reports > End of Show > Tender Type and download the PDF report it looks just fine.
- Occasional problems with opening event – an error with seemingly pending transfers for the vendor.
Creating negative numbers when running “Count In” in Connect > Events > Stand Sheets.
If you want to read more on what was fixed precisely – follow the below description:
- Inventory enabled with a limited amount of specific inventory on hand. i.e. one.
- Create an event (Events > Calendar >Click date > name event and set include inventory event = YES, choose the blue “continue” button, add at least one vendor to Event)
- Open Event (Manage Events tab > Select menu to the right of the view Stand Sheets option on the line of the event that you want to open the event for)
- Count in from Activate (go to side menu by holding down on the top left corner, scroll down and select INVENTORY, click “Count in” in the top right-hand corner) a number like 1 for an item (after numbers are entered for all numbers press SAVE AND FINISH)
- Ring in more than 1 of said item
- “Count out” in Activate (go to side menu by holding down on the top left corner, scroll down and select INVENTORY, click “Count Out” in the top right-hand corner)
- set wastes/comps/end count to 0 for this item then press the green save and finish option
- When you enter a 0 in Activate for the end count of an item in a vendor and go back into Connect, the end count updates to calculate itself automatically to whatever count in value minus POS sales is. i.e.
- If you start with 20 bottles of water, and ring in thirty, and put in 0’s in for the end count, and go back into Connect it will put the end count at negative ten (-10).
4. Incidental issues with manual Credit Card entries being declined in Restaurant Mode. The problem occurred only within Android builds.
- Tax per Item – a warning for the user has been added.
To access “Tax per Item” switch you need to:
- Log in to Connect as Super Admin user
- Search for the Venue you want to change
- Go to Settings -> Venue -> General
- There you should see “Tax per Item” switch
If you click on “Enabled”, there will be a warning message “Turning this property ON cannot be reversed.”
2. Assign to All Vendors – a new button added to Discounts.
- Open Options -> Discounts
- Create a new Discount, or choose any existing Discount
- Access “Assigned Vendors” Tab
- Click the “Add Vendor” button
- Click “Assign to All Vendors”
- The green confirmation shows up in the upper-right corner
Your Discount is currently assigned to all Vendors. Later, you can change the Vendor assignment
3. “Refresh All” option added to Stand Sheets when an event is Opened.
- Open Events -> Stand Sheet (make sure that you have some events opened)
- Below the “Date Closed” table, click the Hamburger menu icon
- Select the “Refresh All” button
- Confirm with “OK”
- A new pop up appears with a progress bar and blocks the rest of the interface unless the Cancel button is pressed and a Warning appears: “Are you sure you want to end the process? If you end the process you will not have the standsheets refreshed.”
- If refresh action is successful, stand sheet data is updated
- Emails sent via Connect with transaction details now show payment methods. To receive the updated Email receipt you need to:
- Run any transaction via Activate
- Log in to Connect -> Orders -> Search for your Order (it needs to be finalized)
- See payment type – it should be clearly visible on Connect
- Tap the order and choose the “Resend Receipt” button
- Check your mailbox and see that at the bottom of the Receipt there’ll be information about tender type used to finalize the transaction, i.e. “Paid In Cash” or in case of split transactions, i.e. :
Credit Card $5.50
2. Improved UI for inventory items.
- Inventory -> Items -> Depletion Rates is slightly redesigned
Three sortable units added to the Depleted Inventory Item table: Depletion Rate, Unit of Depletion Rate and Cost of Depletion Rate Unit
Inventory -> Items page:
- When accessing the Inventory Items landing page, it shows all inventory items
- You can filter the items by Vendor / Type / Category to narrow down
3. Inventory -> Purchase Orders adjustments.
- Open Purchase Orders
- Click the green “New Purchase Order” button
- Select distributor and warehouse. Confirm the Purchase Order
- On the list with available items, you can see the newly added Supplier Number Column. This change makes it easier for users to verify that the correct item has been ordered or delivered.
- It’s also possible to search by supplier number (the search bar just above items list)
- If the supplier number is empty for the item it would show as empty in the items list
Additionally, a completed Purchase Order report contains information about the supplier number of each item (if an item has Supplier Number set).
Note! To add a new Supplier Number, so that it shows up on items list you need to:
- Go to Inventory -> Items -> add a new item or select already existing one
- Open the item -> go to “Distributors” tab
- Click the “Mass Edit” button in the upper-right corner (pencil)
- Enter the Supplier Number next to the Distributor’s name
- Save the changes with green tick
- Inventory Transfers showing incorrect units.
- Inventory – True Up Full History report showing incorrect actual count values and not displaying the “Location” row.
- Issues with deleting data entered in three fields: Purchase Unit, Inventory Unit, Sales Unit.
- Problems with blank Inventory stand sheets at several Venues.
- Recalculate COGs button on inventory item does not function well
How should it work now? Read the below steps:
- Go to Inventory -> Items
- Select an item that does not have a depletion rate assigned and edit the COG
- Find the item from the main items page (Inventory -> Items) and using the Hamburger menu on the right side of a list, select “Recalculate COGS” option
- See that the cost of goods for this item are recalculated correctly
- Downloading Inventory transfer dockets – performance improvements.
Filtering by Event added to Reports -> Vendor -> Sales Breakdown
Filtering Inventory count by Chargeable / Non-Chargeable items
We’ve fixed a Connect option that filters items displayed on stand sheet by chargeable and non-chargeable options.
We added a similar filter in Activate app. When you go to Left menu > Inventory section and tap the button in the top left corner:
you can choose a sorting option:
- Chargeable – show items on stand sheets that carry the price of the menu item they represent and are used to track physical/inventory sales.
- Non-chargeable – show items that have Show Price attribute set to “No”. For these items to show on a standsheet, “Counting” must be enabled.
- All – show all items.
- By default only chargeable items are displayed.
Inventory -> Options -> PO Charges
An error message pops up when trying to access the page has been removed. Now, all users can access the page.
- Wristband transactions can now be processed with Braintree payment gateway.
- Require Tax Per Item switch is available only for Super Admin users.
Connect -> Settings -> Venue
- Live Inventory
Currently, when you click on “Live Inventory”, you will be redirected to Default Warehouse page
Note! (works on RC and PROD environment)
- Creating Inventory Event-> Open “Events” and click “Calendar”
-> Select date – “Add Event” window will show up
-> Change “Include Inventory Event” to YES-> Scroll down and click the blue “Continue” button-> Now, the next required step to create Inventory Event is selection Inventory-related settings and assigning Vendors
- Inventory items display issues.
- Reports -> End of Show -> Codes report fixed.
- Duplicated items on Suites menu.
1. Inventory Setup Page redesign
1.1 CREATE INVENTORY ITEM – redesign
1.2 CREATE ADDITIONAL ITEM – redesign
1.5 ADDITIONAL OPTIONS -> BRANDS
2. Tare Weight field added to Item Detail
New: [ps2id id=’kdkm33′ target=”/]
- 1. Inventory Setup Page redesign [ps2id id=’12’ target=”/]
We’ve started redesigning Inventory in the previous release, and in this one (version 10.8) we’ve redesigned Items’ view.
1.1 CREATE INVENTORY ITEM – redesign [ps2id id=’red’ target=”/]
The view that was used to create new inventory items is slightly changed.
Right-click the blue “Create” button to add a new inventory item.
Name = the name of your product
Product = click to see Menu items. You can choose one of the Menu items and duplicate them as Inventory Item. If you choose “Not from the menu”, your Inventory Item will be a totally new item
Sales Unit = defines how do you sell the item at the POS
Inventory Unit = how do you actually count inventory item
Purchase Unit = how do you buy items from the suppliers
Conversion to Inventory Unit = counts purchase units to inventory units when creating transfers
Conversion to Purchase Unit = counts inventory units to purchase units when creating transfers
1.2 CREATE ADDITIONAL ITEM – redesign [ps2id id=’123′ target=”/]
Additional Item is for adding modifiers to Inventory Items. To Create Additional Item via Inventory page, first, you need to add modifiers to items in Menu Items mode. To do it, go to Connect > Items > Modifiers and click the blue “Create” button, or click the existing modifier and assign it to given item(s).
Then, open Items page > click on an item that is inventory item and go to the “Modifiers” tab. There you need to navigate to “Assigned Modifiers” and click “YES” next to the “Track Inventory” button. Modifiers marked “YES” would be added to Inventory Item.
Then, when you go to Inventory > Items, your modifiers would be visible under the correct item.
Click the “Create Additional Item” button next to an Inventory item.
A new window that allows to add more than one modifier of the same type shows up. With this feature, you can change the name of the existing modifier and sales unit.
Result: Additional with updated name is visible under the item.
1.3 STOP TRACKING [ps2id id=’stop’ target=”/]
The button allows to block the given item or Additional Item from Inventory sales. Now it is placed next to Inventory Item on items list.
1.4 INVENTORY – CATEGORY [ps2id id=’cat’ target=”/]
Items list now also shows “Category” field.
To be able to choose any category from this dropdown, a separate items’ category needs to be created. To do it go to: Inventory > Options > Categories
Name = this will be the name of a category
Sales Code = related to GL codes and visible under GL Code Reports
Cost Code = related to GL codes and visible under GL Code Reports
Tax Rate = enter the Tax Rate that will be inherited by items assigned to that particular category
As a result, the category is visible in Options > Categories
Next, you need to assign the Category to item/s.
Go back to Inventory > Items and choose your item/s
Navigate to “Additional Options” and choose the category from the dropdown
Then, filtering/sorting by “Category” would display items assigned to this category type.
There’s no limit with the number of categories created. You can make as many as you wish.
1.5 ADDITIONAL OPTIONS -> BRANDS [ps2id id=’brand’ target=”/]
First, start with Inventory > Items > click on a given item and navigate to “Additional Options”. There’s a new dropdown called “Brands”
To be able to choose a Brand, go to Inventory > Options > Brands
There’s only one field to fill in – the name of Inventory item brand
Once you Save Changes, your Brand is created. Now, go back to Items view and you’ll be able to select a Brand for a given item.
2. Tare Weight field added to Item Detail [ps2id id=’tare’ target=”/]
Currently, due to Scale integration for Android devices, there are additional fields added to weight items.
Go to Items > Choose your weight item and navigate to “Detailed Information”
Tare Weight – fill in this field if your item is packed before weighing. This would tare the scale to 0 automatically.
Changed: [ps2id id=’changed’ target=”/]
1. For the needs of further improvement, we’ve hidden the Cash Room section from Inventory. It will be added back – better and stronger in 10.9 version.
Fixed: [ps2id id=’fixed’ target=”/]
1. Stand Sheets issues with the “Date Closed” field.
2. Issues when assigning Discounts to items.
3. Assigning Vendors to Events – fixes.
4. Search bar in Inventory > Assign Warehouse & Distributor fixes.
1. Order Search screen
2. Inventory – new design
3.1 Inventory Reports
3.2 Reports -> End of Show -> Tender Type
3.3 Reports -> End of Show -> Discounts
New: [ps2id id=’new1′ target=”/]
- Order Search screen [ps2id id=’osc’ target=”/]
– a new Order Search page in Connect has been added
– it allows searching for orders based on different search criteria
– the search results are limited to prevent too much data from being returned
To access the new page, go to Orders > Order Search.
– select your criteria and click the search button
– the page does NOT load any data until the search button is clicked
– once matching orders are displayed, click on one to see more details
Note! Whenever there’s a field with “amount”, you can choose various methods of selection:When it comes to Wristband payments there are special fields to enter:Displayed result
2. Inventory – new design [ps2id id=’ides’ target=”/]
Settings that were available in the old Item Dashboard menu such as Vendors, Settings, Distributors were moved to Inventory main menu and they are now available as separate pages.
Functionality of the three extracted pages remains unchanged.
3. REPORTS [ps2id id=’repor’ target=”/]
3.1 Inventory Reports [ps2id id=’invff’ target=”/]
A. Inventory Value GL Codes report
B. Purchase Item History Report
These are brand new reports that reflect GL Codes assigned to Inventory Items. It’s practical when Vendors want to get information on the sales of given products.
How to get the reports?
In order to have sufficient data to create the GL Code report, you need to create and assign GL Codes
1. Open Connect > Inventory > Options
2. Go to “GL Account Codes”
3. Click the blue “Create” button
4. Fill in the form
Note! The same code can be assigned to multiple items.
5. Then open Inventory > Dashboard and choose item(s) that you want to update
6. Go to Sales Code / Cost Code and choose one (or both) from the previously created codes (described in step 4)
7. Then, when you make a Transfer via Inventory > Transfers page, GL Codes will be shown in Reports > Inventory > Purchase Item History. [ps2id id=’purch’ target=”/]
There’s a new Toggle called “Show GL codes section”
And below – the Result of Purchase Item History Report with GL Codes
8. There’s also the second report showing GL Codes. You can access it in Reports > Inventory > Inventory Value by GL [ps2id id=’ivgl’ target=”/]
And below – the Result of Inventory by GL Account Codes Report
3.2 Reports -> End of Show -> Tender Type [ps2id id=’tufkf’ target=”/]
This report has been improved so that now it reflects “Custom Tender”information.
3.3 Reports -> End of Show -> Discounts [ps2id id=’drepo’ target=”/]
– This report has been improved so that it shows more detailed information about the applied discounts.
– There’s a separate table created for each discount applied
Fixed: [ps2id id=’fidkdm’ target=”/]
- Skidata Member Benefits – fixes with applying discounts.
- A field with the applied discounts added on Standsheet Vendor Sales.
– Currently, when you go to Events > Stand Sheets and Export stand sheet, there would be additional “Discount” field addedand below – the screen from updated Stand Sheets file
- Taxgroup/Tax per item fixes.
- Venue’s stand sheet values shown incorrectly on exported pdf files.
Feature 1 – Tax per Item
TAX RATE VS TAX GROUP
TAX PER ITEM – DETAILED SETTINGS
1. Enable tax per item for the Venue
2. Add Tax Group
3. Add Tax Rate
4. Items – assign taxes
6. Additional Tax settings on Vendor Role
7. Orders Page – Tax per Item view
** SAMPLE CASES
Feature 2 – Possibility to complete individual orders with status “Pending”
New: [ps2id id=’ew1′ target=”/]
Feature 1 – TAX PER ITEM [ps2id id=’kk19′ target=”/]
GENERAL: [ps2id id=’k2l32l3′ target=”/]
– the feature allows to add tax per individual item(s)
– below you’ll find 4 brief steps – How to add Tax per Item
1.Settings > Venue > enable Tax per Item (the button is visible only for Super Admin users) 2.create Tax Groups 3.create Tax Rates that are assigned to Tax Groups 4.finally - assign Tax Group(only1) or Tax Rates (might use more than 1) to individual items
– next, Connect sends that information to Activate so that the app can show the correct taxes
(Go to Tax per Item – detailed settings to read a full description of Tax per Item settings)
TAX RATE VS TAX GROUP – What’s the difference? [ps2id id=’k23-0′ target=”/]
TAX PER ITEM – DETAILED SETTINGS: [ps2id id=’setlfmf’ target=”/]
Now, let’s go with the flow (and changes in UI). This is a more detailed description of Tax per Item settings.
- Enable tax per item for the Venue [ps2id id=’kwkm34′ target=”/]
– Visible only for Super Admin users
– You need to log in to Connect as Super Admin -> search for your Venue -> log in and go to Settings > Venue
Note! Once Tax per Item is enabled for the Venue, it is not possible to revert the change via Connect
– choose “Enabled”
– by default the button is Disabled
– if Enabled – all the previous setup tax buttons on Vendor Role are hidden
Note! Don’t forget to click “Save Changes” at the bottom of Venue settings.
2. Add Tax Group [ps2id id=’94kfm’ target=”/]
– Go to Connect > Options > Tax Groups
– When your Tax Group is created, you can define your Tax Rate.
– Click on a Tax Group by choosing from the list on Tax Groups page.
– Then, go to “Assigned Tax Rates” tab and click “Add Tax Rate” button.
Note! To be able to add a Tax Rate to Tax Group, you need to create & define Tax Rates (for more detailed description go to point 3 – Add Tax Rate)
3. Add Tax Rate [ps2id id=’trate’ target=”/]
– To do it go to Options → Tax Rates → click the blue “Create button”
Add Tax Rate Name - fill in with any name (up to 20 characters). This field is required. Code - the field accepts only 2 characters, optional Tax Rate - decide what your tax rate is, i.e. 5. The final tax value depends on “Value Type” toggle (either percentage or flat) Tax Type - decide if your tax is Inclusive or Exclusive. Inclusive = tax is calculated and included in item price (tax is “hidden” in item price). Exclusive = tax is calculated and added to the item price separately. The customer pays the item price + additional tax amount is visible in the app. It’s possible to tap the “Exempt” tax button on Activate. Status - Active/ Inactive Value Type - decide if the value entered in “Tax Rate”, i.e. 5, will be percentage or flat tax value. It is required to choose one option. Threshold Logic - the value of the threshold, by default it is null = not set. You can change it to “full”. Threshold - this is the value of the threshold. By default it is empty = 0.
To find out more on what is “Price Threshold” – read the below scenario
EXAMPLE: → Threshold = Full, Threshold value = 5 → result: item is not taxed if the price is less than $5 → if the price is greater than or equal to 5, then the entire price amount is taxed Example: Item price is $5.50. Tax rate is 10%. Tax is $5.50 * 10% = $0.55 Example: Item price is $4.99. Tax rate is 10%. Tax is none ($0.00)
Once the Tax Rate is created, assign it to Tax Group
Note1: You CANNOT assign Inclusive and Exclusive Tax Rates to Tax Group. You can assign i.e. 2 Inclusive Tax Rates, but do NOT mix 2 Tax Rates i.e. one Inclusive and one Exclusive. Note2: You CANNOT remove the Tax Rate from Connect when it is already assigned to Tax Group. Note3: You CANNOT change Tax Type of Tax Rate if it is already assigned to Tax Group or item.
Tax Rate is defined and assigned to Tax Group. Now, everything is ready to assign the new tax to item. You can assign either Tax Rate or Tax Group, but you cannot assign both: Tax Rate & Tax Group.
4. Items – assign taxes [ps2id id=’kmr55′ target=”/]
– Items → click your item and go to the new “Taxes” tab
Taxes Settings: 1. Taxable (Yes/No) - decide if you want taxes to be applied to item. You must set Taxable to YES if you want Tax per Item to work. If you don’t choose Taxable = YES, Vendor Role (Taxes) settings will not be working as well. Dates: 2. Assign Tax Rates - click the blue button to add a new rate. You can assign more than one tax rate to item, but they need to have the same Tax Type. So, i.e. you can assign two "inclusive" tax rates. 3. Assign Tax Group - click the blue button to add a new tax group. Only one group can be assigned. Note! ! You cannot assign both: Tax Group & Tax Rate to item. Choose only one. When user wants to assign both at the same time - the alert message shows up - "You cannot assign single tax rates and tax groups together. Please choose one of them." ! It's possible to assign more than one tax rate to item. Note! You can only assign Tax Rates of the same type. So, i.e. it’s okay to assign 2 inclusive tax rates, but it’s NOT possible to assign first rate - inclusive and second - exclusive.
5. Discount – decide if Discount is/is not Taxable [ps2id id=’pllmm5′ target=”/]
To reach the new setting go to Connect > Options > Discounts
– click “Create” button in top right corner or use the existing Discount
– click on a created Discount and see the new button
– assign Discount to Vendor & to the correct item. Only then the Discount will be applicable to the given item
– Tax Rate or Tax Group is applied to the item
– based on the setting “Is Taxable” there are two possible calculations – read more below
“Is Taxable” = YES
Tax is applied to the discounted item price
– Add Burger Item ($5) + Exclusive Tax 10% to the cart
– Total = $5.50
– Tap “More” button and go to Discounts
– choose discount, i.e. “Is Taxable 10% item”
– below you will see the “subtotal” = $4.50
– next, go back to “PAYMENTS” tab
– there, you can see that the Tax is recalculated based on the discounted item price subtotal (=$4.50) + tax (=$4.50 * 10%tax)
“Is Taxable” = NO
Discount is applied to item TOTAL (item price + tax)
– Add Burger Item ($5) + Exclusive Tax 10% to the cart
– Total = $5.50
– Tap the “More” button and go to Discounts
– choose, i.e. “No Taxable 10% item”
– below you will see the “subtotal” = $4.50
– next, go back to “PAYMENTS” tab
– there, you can see that the Tax is recalculated based on the item price before discount (=$5.00) + tax (=$5.00 * 10%tax)
6. Additional Tax settings on Vendor Role [ps2id id=’k3m34′ target=”/]
If Tax per Item is enabled for the Venue, Vendor Role previous Tax settings are hidden. Instead, there’s a possibility to assign a Tax Group to the whole Vendor Role. This would mean that all items (that don’t have any taxes assigned) belonging to that Vendor would have the same Tax Group – inherited from this Vendor Role.
– Tax per Item must be enabled in Settings > Venue (by Super Admin user)
– Tax Group with Tax Rate(s) assigned needs to be created (Options > Tax Groups)
– Go to Options > Vendor Role and click the Vendor Role you want to update
– Reach “Tax Group” tab
– Result: Tax Group is successfully assigned
Note! You can assign only one Tax Group to Vendor Role
Tax Group set on Vendor Role does not override Taxes set per item.
In other words: You have “10% inclusive tax on item Coke” and 15% Exclusive Tax on Vendor Role.
The Coke item will take the 10%inclusive tax set on the item level. If this item didn't have tax per item defined, it would take 15% Exclusive tax from Vendor Role.
7. Orders Page – Tax per Item view [ps2id id=’pl3p5′ target=”/]
– go to Orders – click the order you want to look up
– see the “Tax” section
– Note: For now, email and downloaded receipts will show info only about Exclusive Tax.
Additionally, you will find a list of Taxes applied to that given order.
SAMPLE CASES: [ps2id id=’pl45m5k’ target=”/]
- One item has two Tax Rates assigned (two inclusive) [ps2id id=’ksmkd’ target=”/]
-> I check my Tax Rates in Options > Tax Rates page
-> Then, I want to assign those two Tax Rates to item
-> I go to Items -> choose one item -> tab Taxes -> Assigned Tax Rates -> Assign Tax Rate
-> result – two tax rates of the same type (Inclusive) are successfully assigned
-> possible actions: click – “Unassign” on the right side of the tax rate to remove it from item -> when more than one Tax Rate is assigned, it means that all Tax Rates are applied to the assigned item (one by one). The first Tax Rate in order gets applied first
2. Trying to assign two different types of Tax Rates to item
-> Tax Rates are already created
-> I go to Items -> choose one item -> Taxes tab
-> I go to “Assigned Tax Rates” and click “Assign Tax Rate” button
-> I choose two Tax Rates of different type (Inclusive + Exclusive)
-> Result – see the below screen
3. Assign one Tax Group to item
-> I’ve got my Tax Rates created
-> I go to Connect > Options > Tax Groups and click the blue “Create” button
-> Fill in the Name + Code (optional)
-> When created, the new Tax Group shows up on the list. Click it to take more actions
-> When the Tax Group opens, it’s vital to assign Tax Rates
-> Go to “Tax Rates” tab
and click “Add Tax Rate” button
Note! You can add more than one Tax Rate to Tax Group, but they need to be the same types! So i.e. it’s okay to add 2 “Inclusive” Tax Rates.
-> result – Tax Rate’s successfully added
-> then, go to Items -> choose you item -> go to “Taxes” tab and click the blue “Assign Tax Group”
Note! You cannot assign more than one Tax Group to item
4. Assign one exclusive tax rate – percentage
-> proceed in the same way as steps described in point 1 up to the point when you’re on Items page
-> then, Items -> choose your item -> go to Taxes tab -> click “Assign Tax Rate”
-> I’m choosing value type: percentage, type: Exclusive
5. Assign one exclusive tax rate – flat
-> proceed in the same way as steps described in point 1 to the point when you’re on Items page
-> then, in Items -> choose your item -> go to Taxes tab -> click “Assign Tax Rate”
-> I’m choosing value type: flat ($1) , type: Exclusive
6. Assign two Tax Rates. Value type: flat and percentage. Type: Exclusive
-> proceed in the same way as steps described in point 1 up to the point when you’re on Items page
-> then, Items -> choose your item -> go to Taxes tab -> click “Assign Tax Rate”
-> I’m choosing value type: flat ($1) + percentage (10%) type: Exclusive
-> On Items page (tab: Taxes) it looks like that
Note! The order of Tax Rates is important. When purchasing the item, “Flat1” Tax Rate will be assigned first, and then the other tax.
Feature 2 – Possibility to complete individual orders with status “Pending” [ps2id id=’ekm5′ target=”/]
Now, when you make an order with status “Pending”, it is possible to mark it as “Completed” using the Orders page.
– Go to Connect > Orders
– Choose the order that is in “Pending” status and right-click to open it
– next, find the “Complete Order” in the bottom left corner
- Event transfers – fixes.
- Issues with Grand total on Easy Split mode.
- Displayed values on Venues’ standsheets.
- Issues with unassigning items.
1. Moneris integration and refunds
2. Rounding configuration
2.1 Rounding – settings
2.2 Rounding – refunds
2.3 Rounding – report
3. Integration with Streamline
1. Inventory reports
2. Inventory – rounding up par levels
3. Standsheet Landing Page
4. Printing Transfer dockets
New [ps2id id=’new1′ target=”/]
- Moneris integration and refunds [ps2id id=’mon-1′ target=”/]
-> integration of Moneris payment gateway
-> In fact Connect’s backend does not process Moneris payments, it all happens on Activate or Ingenico iCMP – the only device certified by Moneris that works with Activate iOS and Android
-> Since Moneris refunds are processed via Activate / or on a paired iCMP device, you must refund directly on Moneris.
When you go to Orders and choose any Moneris order, you’ll see this alert message:
- Rounding configuration [ps2id id=’round-1′ target=”/]
-> New way for rounding total sales for cash transactions ONLY
-> Note! Rounding can be applied to split payments but ONLY when the chosen payment types = cash. In this case, the last split payment is rounded. Rounding will not work for mixed split payments, i.e., cash & credit, cash & loaded value
-> Rounding is applied to sales total only. (Total includes tax and fees) – NOT to individual item prices
-> Depending on rounding settings (Connect > Venue settings), Activate adds or subtracts a value to a total, so that is correctly rounded
-> Transactions can be configured to be rounded down, up or up/down
2.1 Rounding – settings [ps2id id=’rset-1′ target=”/]
To set cash transactions rounding, go to Connect > Settings > Venue and choose:
Rounding Type (up/down/up or down) and Rounding Precision (denomination to which total is rounded).
Rounding type dropdown selection
* Round up/down = the system will round up or down to the nearest amount (selected in “Rounding Precision”).Rounding precision dropdown selectionExample:Changes in Orders View
When cash order has been rounded, this info will be visible in the order details view.
Connect > Orders > choose your order and see:
* Rounded amount will be shown on printed receipts (printing options – via Activate)
* The information about rounded amount will NOT be visible on email receipt and receipt downloaded from Connect2.2 Rounding Refunds: [ps2id id=’rref-1′ target=”/]
When it comes to refunds – they are done in a usual way. No big changes apart from the new field “Rounding” added.
To refund an order, go to Orders page > choose the order to be refunded > click one of the refund options:
Full Payment Refund
and see the result:
2.3 Rounding – report [ps2id id=’rrep-1′ target=”/]
– a new “Rounding Report” has been added
– to reach it, go to Connect > Reports > End of Show
– use this report only when Venue uses roundings
Note! Rounding will be automatically enabled, if in Settings > Venue, Rounding Type is chosen.
Then, in “Reports” you will see
In the new report, you will find the most necessary information on roundings that were made on the Venue/Vendor level, such as:
– Rounded orders (since rounding is applied to order, not to item)
– Rounding Type
– Rounding Precision
– Total – before and after rounding
– Rounding statistics for Vendor groups and individual Vendors
3. Integration with Streamline [ps2id id=’iwtc-1′ target=”/]
– Tender type: Loaded Value (Streamline) integration
– new API calls added to: check ticket balance, call to post a charge, manage refunds
– Additionally, new toggles related to Streamline added on Employee Role to label the button on Activate
– Connect > Options > Employee Role “Streamline Loaded Value” = YES
– you can also customize the name of your Streamline button
Changed [ps2id id=’chang1′ target=”/]
1. Inventory reports [ps2id id=’irep1′ target=”/]
-> when the event is created (important! status = opened), user can choose whether or not to print the Count In value on the printed stand sheet
-> to reach that, go to Connect > Events > Manage Events page > choose opened Event and right-click it
Manage Events section
I have an event that is opened
Then, I go to “Standsheets” for this event.
And see the result on the downloaded report:
2. Inventory – rounding up par levels [ps2id id=’parlev1′ target=”/]
To see the new setting go to Connect > Inventory > Setup and choose Vendors view
Then, when Vendor is selected, go to “Settings” tab and click i.e. on Vendor Name to edit settings
See the new button “Use Purchase Unit For Par”
How does it work?
When “Use Purchase Unit For Par” = YES
– this is used for transfers. The system calculates transfer quantities based on par levels and rounds up the needed units to the nearest integer (based on the case size)
Par Level = 100 ea
Current Quantity = 82 ea
Purchase Unit Conversion = 10 ea (so you need 2 purchase units to meet the needs)
Transfer is generated for 20 ea
3. Standsheet Landing Page [ps2id id=’landing1′ target=”/]
– in this build, we restored the old button “Export All” that exports all standsheets for the selected inventory event as one, big PDF file
Where is it located?
– go to Connect > Events > Stand Sheets
– click the “Export as PDF” button
– a huge PDF file that contains every Vendor is being downloaded
4. Printing Transfer dockets [ps2id id=’docket1′ target=”/]
– another “print all” ability added to Transfers page
– go to Connect > Inventory > Transfers
– using the date picker (Start & End date), select the time period
– the selected transfers show up on the list
– tick the transfers that need to be printed (there’s no limit, so you can tick as many as you want)
– the system generates a customized PDF file with all dockets for the selected transfers
– the screen below shows an extract from the new transfers docket
- Suites Issues.
- Inventory & transfers bugs.
Connect 10.4 has a lot of new features so the notes are full of information.
See the summary of contents and click the section you want to read on, or just go through the whole document.
1. Event Types
2. Zendesk Widget
3. Par Levels
4. Event-based Par Levels
5. Codes (Barcodes and Lcs codes)
6. Multiple Barcodes for Modifiers
1. True Up Screen updated
1. Inventory Import.
2. Autocomplete settings (KDS) in Restaurant Mode.
3. Price Levels.
- Event Types [ps2id id=’event-id’ target=”/]
-> A new section designed to create Event Type created in Connect > Events > Event Types -> The purpose of this page is to create/edit Event Types, define vendors that are associated with them and define the par levels
1.1 Adding Event Type
– Click “Event Types” to create a new Event Type, which can be used for further Event configuration
– “Add Event Type” window shows up
– when successfully created, your Event is visible on Event Types list
– if Event Type is Inventory and status = Active, you can click it to seemore settings:
Name = a list of all vendors assigned to the Venue
Par Level = the user can select the Low / Medium or High Par Level. The default is Medium. Users can have different par levels for different event types. For more info – read on section 3 – Par Levels
Open = a toggle that shows whether the vendor is Open or Close for the event type (when creating a new inventory event this would dictate the set of vendors that would be marked as Open (for creating Stand Sheets).
1.2 Events -> Calendar : Adding Event Type to a regular Event
– Event Types affect the ordinary (calendar) event creation. Now you can create an event using the calendar and assign it to the previously created event type.
Go to Events > Calendar > Click a Date > Fill in the required fields and see the event type dropdown.
Suite Event Types are vastly used in “Suites”
a) Suites > Menus: while creating Menu, Event Type needs to be assigned.
b) Suites > Delivery Schedules: while creating Delivery Schedule, Event Type also needs to be added. Delivery schedules can be assigned to only one event type. Likewise, event types can have only one delivery schedule.
Zendesk Widget [ps2id id=’zen-id’ target=”/]
Now, in case of any troubles, you can get straight to the Zendesk support page via Connect.
Go to Connect > click Help > click Help blue button again and go to Zendesk.
- Par Levels [ps2id id=’par-id’ target=”/]
Par Level allows to transfer the desired item’s quantity when creating Event and transferring items from the chosen Warehouse.
For example, before the planned transfer, item’s quantity = 50. Then, when opening a new Event users selects par level = 200. When transfer is completed, the new quantity = 150 (par level 200 - current quantity 50 = 150).
3.1 PAR LEVELS – SETTINGS
- Go to Inventory -> Setup -> and choose Vendor view
- Select/Add the inventory item that you want to create Par Level to. (Move to Inventory -> Items -> Inventory tab).
and choose the item you want to update (click the gear button)
- Update the par level sections (low/medium/high) and save your changes.
- Result = Inventory Item is updated successfully.
- Go to Inventory -> Setup -> and choose Vendor view
3.2 HOW PAR LEVELS REALLY WORK (EVENT LEVEL)
- Go to Events -> Calendar -> Create Inventory Event
! Remember to set “Inventory Event” to YES at the bottom of the page.
- Go to Events -> Manage Events
- Choose your Event -> click on its status (should be “Created”)
- For Par Levels to work click the following:
a) Bring items to par = YES
b) Par warehouse = select the warehouse to import the needed items
c) Vendors = include all or choose the Vendor/s that sell the desired items
d) Choose the Par Level from the dropdown under the name of Vendor (by default Par Level = Medium).
e) Click the “Save” button to confirm the settings See my sample choice on the below screen:
PAR LEVEL = HIGH (so in my case that’s 70)
- You’re in Manage Events view. Click “Open” next to the desired event.
- Go to Inventory -> Transfers (the transfer from your Event would be with the most current Id). Click it to see the exact quantity that has been transferred.
Why does it show “30.000 EA”?
Take into consideration: a) The initial item’s quantity (40.000 ea)
b) Par Level has chosen for this event
c) RESULT: when Transfer is completed: 70 – 40 (actual quantity) = 30
30 IS THE FINAL AMOUNT THAT HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED FROM THE CHOSEN WAREHOUSE TO THE EVENT
4. Event-based Par Levels [ps2id id=’level-id’ target=”/]
-> A new possibility that allows to inherit the previously configured Par Levels for Events. But first, Par Levels need to be set per Vendor and then per Event Type. -> This basically acts like a single-event override for the par level, if the user wishes to do so.
How to set it?:
1. Open Connect -> Event Types -> Create or Edit the existing event type
2. Event Type -> “Enable Inventory” button = YES
3. Make sure that the created Event Type is Active
4. Then, click on the name of the created/edited Event Type and reach “Inventory” tab. 5. Inventory tab allows to assign Vendors to a given Event Type and to set the Par Level. Here, you can assign more than one Vendor to Event Type. Additionally, every Vendor can have a different Par Level chosen.
Note: If you set a Par Level to a vendor, it will be automatically assigned to the given event type.
How to use Par Level next? Where & How do they help?
Setting Par Levels becomes helpful when creating new Events. (! NOT Event Types).
- Go to Connect > Events > Calendar
- Choose Month & correct date
- Edit Event form opens. Fill in the required fields.
Don’t forget! In case of creating Inventory Event you need to set “Include Inventory event” to YES.
- Choose the Event Type. The previously set Par Levels (from Event Type creation) will be inherited to the new event.
5. Go to Events -> Manage Events view -> Click the newly created Event -> Edit Inventory Event -> go to Vendors section.
See that Vendors have different Par Levels.
Vendors: IzaK , sdk1 = Low par level (set by me per Event Type)
Vendors: Rice, Fan5, B&Bhost = Medium par level (default par level = Medium)6. Changing Par Levels manually.
If you’ve already set the par levels per Event Type, or simply, you want them to be changed for the newly created event – that’s easy.
-> right-click “Include” below the Vendor you want to add to the event
-> when Vendor is “included”, the par level dropdown list becomes active and you can choose the level you need
-> when Vendor is “excluded”, the par level dropdown list is frozen
7. Don’t forget to click the “Bring Items to Par” to YES. Otherwise, the Par Levels will not work.IMPORTANT!Changes in the event type should not affect events that have already been created, opened or closed! So if your Event (which has a given Event Type assigned) has ended, and you change par level settings per Event Type, it should not affect the past/existing event. When the user changes an Event Type record it should not change any existing events. It should only be applied when new events are created.
5. Codes [ps2id id=’code-id’ target=”/]
-> A new tab on Connect that allows to add multiple barcodes and Lcs codes to items. -> For barcodes it is not possible to have the same barcode twice per venue. -> Lcs codes - can be duplicate per Venue.
To reach the new tab go to: Connect -> Items -> Codes
Barcode => that’s just a barcode set per item. Previously the value was entered in Details, and now it’s moved to the “Codes” tab.
Lcs => Liquor Control System. That’s for codes set for alco items only.
- You’re on the Codes page
- Click “Add code” button and fill in the necessary fields
Code = the name of your Barcode / Lcs code
Type: Barcode/ Lcs
1. It’s not possible to have i.e. item and modifier with the same barcode
2. The existing barcodes (from Item -> Details (Basic Information) page) have been migrated and are currently placed on Codes tab
- Repeat step no.2 to add another Barcode. The functionality is designed to support multiple Barcodes / Lcs codes per the same item.
6. Multiple Barcodes for Modifiers [ps2id id=’mod-id’ target=”/]
That’s more or less same functionality as for items. The new page is called “Barcodes” and can be found in Items -> Modifiers -> Barcodes.
1. Items -> Modifiers -> create/update the existing modifier.
2. Go to the “Barcodes” tab and click the “Add Barcode” button.
3. Fill in the Barcode field (anything)
1. It’s not possible to have i.e. item and modifier with the same barcode
7. Suites [ps2id id=’suites-id’ target=”/]
To set Suites and place preorders you need proper Connect configuration.
SUITES ENABLED ON:
Vendor Role – Suites Enabled
Venue – Suites Enabled
Vendor – assigned Vendor Role with Suites Enabled
Items – Suite Item enabled
Event type in Connect (assigned to a regular Calendar Event)
Settings > Suites
Suite is assigned to Suite Account
– Venue > Enable Suites = YES
– When enabled, you can see the whole Suites Menu here:
- VENDOR ROLE
– create or update the existing Vendor Role capable of serving Suites.
– if starting from scratch – go to Connect > Options > Vendor Roles > Add Vendor Role and then proceed as with usual V.Role creation.
– most importantly, enable Suites for this Vendor Role (see below)
– use the existing one or create a new Vendor
– most importantly, assign Vendor Role with Suite Enabled to that Vendor
– As a result, the Vendor is capable of assigning suites in Suites > Suites section
- Connect > Suites > Settings
– fill in the required information.
PreOrder URL: external link used to make Suite Preorders
! It is possible to edit the URL, but when changed it will no longer work.
If you want to use it, click the small pencil next to the URL and copy the link.
Note! URL unique per venue. Customizing preorder urls are now prevented if Url is already in use by another Venue
Phone/Email/Fax – used at invoicing and when sending receipts to customers after the event
PreOrdering Cutoff – listed in days; For example, 1 day cutoff = placing PreOrders will be possible until 1 day before the event.
- Then, go to Suites > Suites > Create
Suite is like a Vendor placeholder. When Suite Vendor is assigned to Suite, all Vendor settings will be inherited.
When Suite is created, you can:
Delete the entry
Activate / Deactivate the entry
Click on a created Suite: change Name / change the assigned Vendor
- EVENT TYPE
After that, for each Venue that wants to use Suites you need to create a correct event type.
To do it go to Connect > Events > Event Types and click the blue CREATE button.
When your Event Type is created, it is visible in the Event Types’ table.
Next, you need to create a future Event for PreOrdering and assign Suite Event Type to it.
a) To create a new Event go to Connect -> Events -> Calendar
b) Select a date & time -> click on a date
c) Fill in the required fields
d) most important! Choose Suite Event Type
e) Save your changes
- ADDING ITEMS
In order to add some items to Suites Menu, they need to be enabled for Suite sales. You can either add a new item and follow the usual item creation or use the existing item.
If you already have some items created, go to Connect > Items > Details > Detailed Information > Suite Item = YESMODIFIERS
Note: When a modifier is added to the item, it is obligatory when placing a preorder.
Item is labeled Suite Item = YES
Then, you go to this Item > Modifiers and add a modifier => it becomes mandatory for Suites Sales.
Item > Modifiers > Quantity
When you set some quantity on a modifier, i.e. Ketchup, quantity = 2. For every preorder with this modifier, 2 ketchups are mandatory to purchase.
- ITEM PACKAGES:
– Suites-related Item feature
– Available on Connect > Items > Item Packages
– Item Package is a combination of items that will be sold as one unit. For example, you can add there Cheeseburger x2 + Pizza Slice x2 + 2 Sodas and name it as “PartyBox1”
– The choice of items available for Item Packages is not limited to those with Suites Enabled. You can browse through all items available for your Venue
– Quantity indicates how many items will be put in a single package
– To be able to make a Suite Order, you need to create Menu(s)
– go to: Connect > Suites > Menus and click the CREATE button
Name = your Menu name, i.e. “Menu1”
Event Type = choose from the previously created (see point 6)
Food / Drink = categories, you can browse through them to add some items or item packages that will become available for this Menu
(single items that are available here are those that have Suites enabled)
“PartBox1” = my item package. Item Packages are always assigned to Suites automatically.
PreOrder Price = can be updated for preordering. This price specifies the price a customer will pay when creating an order on the PreOrder website
InSuite Price = can be updated for Suites orders (orders made on the date of the actual event). For example, the preOrder price is lower and InSuite price is a bit increased. The InSuite price is the price clients pay for the same item while making a purchase at the event, using Activate
Assigned/ Unassigned = decide which items/item packages you want to add to that menu.
Save = click to confirm the changes.
When your Menu is created, you can:
Change status: Active / Inactive
Delete: Delete permanently
Click on the “MainMenu” entry and edit everything (name, Event Type, assigned items and their prices)
10. DELIVERY SCHEDULE
Delivery schedules are a collection of times during an event a customer can have their PreOrder items delivered. The “Sequence” doesn’t refer to priority, but rather the order in which the delivery times are presented and the order in which items are delivered during the event
– Go to Connect > Suites > Delivery Schedules > click CREATE button
Name = type the name of your delivery schedule
Event Type = choose from the previously created Event Types (see point 6)
Sequence = prioritize your delivery/ies
Save = click to confirm your changes
Delivery Schedules are shown in the preorder website
11. SUITE ACCOUNTS
– Suite Account is an individual account of a company that wants to make a Suite purchase for a given event type.
– This account needs to be assigned to a given event type to have access to this Suite. But first, basic Suite Account info needs to be added
Connect > Suites > Suite Accounts > Create
Fill in the required fields (all) and confirm with the “Save” button.
Then, your Suite Account is created and consists of basic information.
Once you click your Suite account, assign the correct Suite so that the account has access to it.
a popup window that asks for assigning an Event Type should show up
Then, go to the “Users” tab to add a user
and then, fill in the required data: name/email/ account type: primary, admin, guest ->, for now, it does not have any functionality. The created account is, by default, an admin account.
access pin = is meant to be used in Activate to verify a user before they place their order
12. PRODUCTION UNITS
– that’s an editable list of units created for modifiers (see point 7)
– to see the created prod. units go to Suites > Production Units
– click “Delete” to get rid of the unit(s) permanently
– click “Add Unit”
– Then, you can add the already created/new unit(s) to modifier here: Connect > Items> Modifiers
When the above steps are completed, your preordering site should be ready to use!
13. Log into preordering url and generate login credentials.
There are a couple of steps to generate login credentials.
1. The first step is to create a Suite User in Suites > Accounts > [Your selected account] > Users. You’ll add the user’s email here.
1. True Up Screen updated. [ps2id id=’chan-id’ target=”/]
a) The True Up count screen allows the user to enter a value for any unit – Purchase, Inventory, and Sales.
The screen calculates the total quantity based on the conversion factors set up on the item.
and then – you type the numeric values in the above boxes. The “Actual Count” gets filled in automatically.
Example: Purchase Unit = Case, Inventory Unit = Each (24 per Case), Sales Unit = Each (ea)
* User enters the count of 4 for the Purchase Unit and 11 for the Inventory Unit.
* The system should calculate the total of 107 when displaying the count and saving
Fixed: [ps2id id=’fi-id’ target=”/]
- Inventory Import.
- Autocomplete settings (KDS) in Restaurant Mode.
- Price Levels updating on Activate.
- SKIDATA Direct Payment System
– paying with Skidata directly via mobile app
– finalize payment by tapping a customized button added to ActivateBasic flow: – cashier makes an order
– customer presents a QR code from the mobile app (a QR code that contains a barcode)
– cashier pushes the direct payment button configurable in Employee Role
– scanner is activated
– QR code is scanned (under the hood: a barcode is linked to a Skidata user who has a payment account set up)
– Skidata returns – approved/declined
* decline when i.e. QR code/barcode expired
Note! Skidata Direct Payment method cannot be Refunded!
Preconditions and Connect changes:
a) database (For more info please refer to technical docs here (https://appetize.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CON/Payments#Payments-SkidataDirectPayment)
b) Connect Settings per Venue b) Connect > Employee Role – enable Skidata Direct Payment
c) QR code is generated, Skidata payment account is set up
- Skidata Loaded payment
– paying with Skidata loaded value is available as a single button payment. Now that’s a separate option, as we also support Skidata Direct payment
– when paying with Skidata Loaded payment via Activate, tapping on loyalty card assignment/balance check using the gear icon will show how many stored value or loaded value payments are supported now
New button added to Connect where Skidaya Loaded Payment can be activated
a) Connect > Employee role – enable Skidata Loaded Payment
b) Settings per Venue
c) database configuration and technical configuration details can be found on Confluence
- Choosing Pickup Time Increment.
If a Vendor is a Pickup Vendor (SDK), you can choose pickup increment time from the dropdown list (i.e. 0,5,10…60 min). By default it is set to 0.
- Receipt Printing.
Now, when customers pay with CC, individual authorization code is added to the printouts.
- Checking the Venue assignment system.
- SDK per API configurator – some buttons relocated.
Since currently, some toggles are out of use, we’ve moved them to the “Deprecated” section.
- Tender Type Report – reporting cash sales fixed.
- Connect Roles – adding permissions fixed.
Adding Assignment Codes via Connect.
-> Assignment Codes are used to validate mobile devices and link them with assigned Venue(s). To validate a device, a special assignment code needs to be generated. The new functionality allows managers to create the codes is added to Connect > Settings > Venue
-> There’s a button showing Assignment Code – click “Generate Code”
-> The code needs to be passed over to Employees so that they type it in manually in the app
-> When code is generated it should appear in a code input (read-only). Code will disappear on page refresh
- Inventory Items – assign Inventory items to Warehouse / Distributor by Category.
->now, inventory items can be added to distributors and warehouses by inventory category
-> the inventory setup process is faster
-> creating a new inventory item is, by default, assigned to the default warehouse (default assignments)STEP1: First, add inventory category
STEP2: Assign to Distributors by category:
1. Add Distributor
2. Add inventory categories
Note: If there’s a Default Distributor – All Items are assigned to it by default.
STEP2.1: Assign to Warehouse by category
Similarly to assigning to Distributors, first you need inventory items category to be created.
Then go to Inventory > Setup > Choose Vendor > Warehouse
4. Paypal wristband support added.
-> In order to use this payment method, same rules apply as when setting up Braintree for credit card usage
-> Gateway credentials must be configured or in case of Sandbox, Braintree must be chosen. There are no further steps necessary
5. Connect > Inventory > True Up Count
-> True Up Count screen allows the user to enter in the quantities of any unit (Purchase/Inventory/Sales).
-> Then, the screen calculates the total quantity based on the conversion factors set up on the item.
-> The Purchase Unit, Inventory Unit, and Sales Unit fields are editable. The Total (in Inventory Units) shows the sum.
Item = Wine Bottles
Purchase Unit = Case (CS)
Inventory Unit = Bottle (BTL), 12 BTL per CS
Sales Unit = Glass (GLS), 5 GLS per BTL
If conversions are missing, assume 1
Purchase Unit = 17
Inventory Unit = 31
Sales Unit = 10
TOTAL (calculated) = (17*12) + 31 + (10/5) = 237
6. Preparation for strong password requirements.
7. Zendesk Integration.
Now, in case of any troubles, you can get straight to the Zendesk support page via Connect.
Go to Connect > click Help > click Help blue button again
and go to Zendesk.
8. Ability to edit item COGS using Inventory Item Setup page.
STEP1: Enable flag on Connect Role
STEP2: Go to: Connect > Inventory > Setup > Add Item or Edit Item
9. New option on Employee Role called “Splash Screen”.
This allows you to change the background color and welcome images on login screen (Activate).
STEP1: Connect > Options > Employee Role (+click an Employee Role)
STEP2: Go to “Splash Screen” tab
STEP3: Choose background color and select slides.
9. New SDK configuration options added.
Connect > Settings > Mobile Ordering. There’re new fields related to ApplePay merchant name and ID. Additionally, some YES/NO flags added at the very end of Mobile Ordering page.
10. Calorie Information added to Items.
STEP1: Go to Connect > Items > (click an item)
STEP2: Click to set the Calories
Note! The field is alphanumeric, maximum character = 20. Calories is not a required field for new or edited items. It can be left blank.
11. Connect > Inventory > Purchase Orders.
a) Now, you have the possibility to create a Completed Purchase Order.
b) Additionally, when completing a delivered Purchase Order, the system forces user to provide a supplier Invoice number before the order can be completed for reporting purposes.
c) What’s more, when in Purchase Orders > New Purchase Order > Create Purchase Order – you can enter negative quantities on delivery.
Note: When a PO is created with an item with a negative quantity, the COGS of the item is not updated. Then, the item’s quantity can be updated on hand and reduced by the negative amount.
12. Custom Pickup Closed Message.
A new box on the Vendor in Connect that allows for the creation of a custom message for when Pickup is not allowed (via SDK). The situation may happen when:
a) Vendor is closed
b) there are not any more pickup times
To reach it go to Connect > Vendors > (select your Vendor)
c) Fill in the box
- Mobile Ordering Event – now editable by regular Connect accounts.
-> go to Connect > Settings > Mobile Ordering
-> scroll to Seat Geek ID, Event
-> currently, those two fields are editable
-> EVENT field can be updated regardless of what Seat Geek ID is set to
- Connect > Inventory > Order Product > Distributors
Now, the Distributor List is sorted in alphabetical order from the drop-down list.
- “Reopen” button on the StandSheet page for Cancelled Events.
The button is not available for Canceled Events. The button would only be visible for admin accounts.
- Custom Tender calculations improved. Now, it is working fine with decimals too.
See the below example:
- Cash Room report totals.
- User Cash Room – issues with adds & drops.
- Cash Room values not populating in Cash Deposit Summary section report.
- Tip charges on Split Payment.
- Seatgeek syncing integration fixed.
- Stock request report – layout improvements.
Member Benefits – integration for Skidata.
This new feature enables SKIDATA clients to get automatically assigned discounts per item or per order. When customers scan their loyalty card all the assigned discounts are added to the order. Member Benefits will function in both Activate modes: normal and Retail.
Member Benefits are enabled via Connect and the SKIDATA portal. Below you’ll find some shortened steps on how to configure Benefits correctly:
- Easy Split enabled (Connect > Options > Permission Sets > Payments)
- Note! Member Benefits will work only if SKIDATA is enabled for the venue
- Connect – Discounts need to be created first, only then Member Benefit(s) will work
- Next, on SKIDATA settings page Benefit Codes need to be added. The Benefit Codes must match the Connect discounts in terms of: name, value, type.And below – what happens on Activate when Member Benefits set correctly:
-> Create an order. The Customer’s loyalty card is always scanned before payment
-> Tap “More” button that redirects you to Easy Split mode
-> Go to “Other” and tap Assign Loyalty Card
-> Scan the QR code
-> All the important stuff that is going on under the hood but remains unseen:
– A call is made to the Member Value System
– Loyalty card information is transmitted
– All “Member Benefits” for the account are transmitted back to Activate
– Activate applies the benefits
– If stored value exists then stored value can be used to process payment
– Payment is completed using normal payment methods
– Purchase information is sent along with cached customer information back to loyalty system to record points.
2. Stock Request Report
-> a new report used to record the amount of items to be transferred to a Vendor
-> this is a paper-based form that mimics the items on the standsheet and provides empty columns to write in the quantities requested
-> for now, this is just fill-in form
Additionally, there is the “Stock Request” button added in Connect > Events > Stand Sheets.
-> if you click the button on the Standsheet view, it would print exactly the same thing as if you ran the report view for that single Vendor.
3. Re-opening StandSheets
-> possiblity to re-open a standsheet to allow users to make corrections once a stansdheet has been closed
-> re-opening standsheet is available only when the associated inventory event is still open. So, if the inventory event has been closed, users cannot re-open any standsheet
-> when the standsheet is re-opened, the following fields are editable:
a) Act Count In
d) Count Out
-> how to re-open a standsheet?
Open this section: Connect > Events > Stand Sheets
a) click Close button [Status = Closed]
and oops, then you realize that you need to change a value
b) click on a closed Vendor (Vendor Name)
c) click “Reopen” button [Status = Counted Out]
d) edit some fields (of course, those that are editable)
e) click Close button again [Status = Closed]
4. Inventory Items – Units restrictions
-> when item is to be sold as inventory item (Track Inventory = YES) units and conversions must be set correctly
-> from now on, there will be several restrictions when it comes to sales/inventory/purchase units (for more info see the below screen)
! Note: For items that exist in the database already without all units – no change needed. When the user opens such items again to edit, they will have to save all units in the way indicated above.
5. Shiftplanning – changing positions at clocking or during shift
-> For example, an employee who normally works as a bartender needs to work as a cashier for one shift. The new feature enables adding & then, changing positions via Activate
-> To manage positions, go to Connect > Schedule and use Shiftplanning
-> Remember – your Employee Account needs to be configured correctly to be able to use Shiftplanner
Next, follow the below steps to set new positions:
1. Connect -> Schedule -> Staff icon
2. In the search box – enter your Employee Name
3. Click on Name (example here: Krys Bay)
4. Scroll to Postion Assignments section
5. Tick/untick the positions that you need to be active/inactive for a given employee. Then, the ticked positions will be available to choose from during various actions for that employee. The positions that’re under Appetize = default positions. New positions can be added – see point 6.
6. Adding new positions:
– you’re still on “Staff” page
– go to “Locations&Positions”
– in this case, new positions can only be added under Appetize Test (example) heading
– click “Add New Position”
– result: the newly added position(s) are placed under “Position Assignments” on Staff > Employees page
And the basic flow for Activate functioning once Connect is set properly:
a) Employee clocks in, or is already clocked in and enters their PIN to see the Actions screen
b) Employee presses a button to Change Position
c) Employee sees their position on the current shift and a list of available positions
d) Employee selects a new position and presses Save button
6. New Report – Units Sold Recap Report
-> this is a report for stock (physical) sales based on Standsheets values
-> the default filter is set for all vendors
-> to access the report go here: Reports => Inventory => Unit Sold Recup
-> the report includes such info as:
Unique ID: Unique ID for the inventory item (blank if not available)
Item Name: Name of inventory item (Grouped by Inventory Category)
Price: Price of item
Sold (Qty): quantity (stock) sold based on calculated standsheet ‘Exp Sold’
Sales: Sum of Price x Sold (Qty)
Tax: Calculated based off tax percentage assigned to inventory category
Net Sales: Sales less Tax = Net Sales
Total: Sums up totals for each inventory category
Report Total: Sums up Total values for all categories
7. Closing Inventory Event – new buttons
-> similarly to opening inventory event, time selection for when the event should be closed pops up
-> go to Events > Manage Events
-> when clicking “Close” button on the Inventory Event you’ll see
8. Creating new calendar event – End Date required
-> “End Date” is now a required field
-> the value must be greater than or equal to the start date
9. Sorting Events filter added
-> Currently, Events are sorted by the most recent
- Tax button deleted from the Mobile Ordering page. From now on, all the buttons changing tax behavior are moved to Employee Role / Vendor Role / Venue.2. Changes in Inventory Reports. We’ve made some small, but vital changes for clients:
-> Revenue Reconciliation Report now consists of “Other” Tender type, so for payments made with: coupons, vouchers, tender that is not cash.
-> Cash Room – for each employee/vendor/venue has “Other” Tender. (Events > Venue Cash Room / User Cash Room) -> TOTAL
-> Audited Cash totals and selected Cash Room reports to include “Other” Tender too.
3. Cashroom Report – improvements.
-> Find the report here: Reports > End of show > Cashroom report
-> a new column for Total Cash Deposit added. It contains: Bills + Coins + Drops + Banks + Adds
-> Total Tender = CashTotal Deposit + Credit Sales + Other Tender + Loyalty Value + Comps
4. Stand Sheets – improvements including: page orientation, columns width, headings, font sizes.
Plus, some additional changes when editing Stand Sheet in Connect:
-> when you click on the opened Stand Sheet, you can enter your numbers before clicking count in or count out, but then, when you click count in to save the data, it puts your expected inventory in, regardless of the setting “use previous counted out values to count in” turned off
-> the Stand Sheet page is read only until you click count in
5. Refreshing Standsheets – new button.
-> Go to Events > Stand Sheets > Click on a Vendor (! status = created)
-> now users have the ability to refresh items & prices that appear on the stand sheet
Now when Vendor event has status:
- Created -> Refresh button is displayed on StandSheets page
- Opened -> Refresh button is displayed on StandSheets page
- Counted-in -> Refresh button is displayed on StandSheets page
- Counted- out -> Refresh button is displayed on StandSheets page
- Closed -> Refresh button is not displayed on StandSheets page
6. Yellow Dog import – refunded items
-> Sales data sent to YellowDog now receives info on refunded items so that YellowDog inventory reflects Connect status
-> now, it’s enough to send the refunds in previously used “Transaction” file (this file is automatically generated and sent to ftp).
item marked as +1 => when item is sold
item marked as -1 => when item is refunded
-> The refund could happen any time after the sale and could be in a different export file.
6.1 Additionally, for Yellow Dog integration – there’s an option to update item name during import.
7. We’ve done some Connect cleaning – “Delivery Options” are no longer in use and the option was removed.
We’ve moved “Delivery Option” to Vendor Role settings
8. Print Adjustments
-> if profile type is RESTAURANT, there are some changes in Employee Role
- Inventory Reports.
- Transfers & User Cashroom Pages – time zone fixes.
- Completed Transfers (issue with date pickers).
- Pickup Text Message for Mobile Ordering fixed.
- A new report called Discounts has been added. In terms of design and data, it looks and functions like other reports. The report will show only Completed orders (not pending ones).
The report can be found here: Connect > Reports > End of Show > Discounts.
The report (among other info) will include:
a) Total Discount Amount = the total financial amount, so, e.g., 20 discounts that make the total discount amount of $228
b) Discount Count ,e.g, 20 = the discount has been used 20 times.
- Tax levels 2.1 Editing Tax levels
-> Tax levels can be set for the assigned Vendors. The default tax level is automatically used and created when we create a new Venue.
-> Only one tax level can be active. Tax level = always % (no flat tax).
-> The feature makes it easier to choose from the available levels and does not require assigning taxes to items separately.
-> Once a tax level has been created, it does not need to be deleted permanently. So, let’s say that for event XYZ you want to put 15% tax for VendorX. You create a tax level and set it as active. Then, a week later, you have another event and you want your tax to be 30%. So here’s what you can do:
1. You create a new tax level and click “Set Active”, or
2. edit the 15% tax.
action 1: The old Level for VendorX (15%) is automatically deactivated once you set new tax active
action 2: The 15% tax level is still active but with a new percentage value.-> From now on, taxes are required, there’s “Default Tax Level” that is active by default. It is editable so that you can choose the desired tax value. It cannot be deleted, but setting another tax level to active or deactivates Default Tax Level. You can also put “0” next to Default Tax Level => as a result, 0% tax is put on all items.
- Vendor Roles Layout
Vendor Role has been changed, so now we have the sections much clearer and buttons are gathered in one location. What’s more, our Devs added some TOOLTIPS that make Connect buttons more human-readable.
1.1 General Tab has two new buttons:
1.2 Taxes Tab – now this is the main place where Tax settings are put. At the same time, the change has affected employee role, as they're no longer buttons with taxes stuff (apart from „Allow Tax Exempt”). Tax options have been reduced and apart from tax levels (described in a NEW section), these 4 buttons show up:
1.3 Mobile Ordering Options tab:
2. Inventory Event Configuration
- Calendar Event – linked to Inventory Events now
- Updated event structure: New Event (Inventory) – has been renamed as “Manage Events” and moved to the Events section
- Stand Sheets page moved to the EVENTS section
- Order Product section removed from the Inventory section
- It is possible to edit Inventory Events
- Inventory Events status: Created, Opened, Closed, Cancelled
- Closing Venue Event – now it does not close automatically
- Calendar (Events) – one calendar for Events and Inventory Events
- When the Event’s status = CREATED, it cannot be Counted In (on Activate). Event needs to be in status = OPENED.
3. New way of adding Inventory Events
Calendar Events are linked with Inventory Events.
Currently, Inventory Events are created in one place: Connect > Events > Calendar. To be able to create Inventory Event follow the below steps: a) Connect > Events > Calendar
b) click precisely the date number (this will be the date of your event/event start)
c) Add Event tab opens up, fill in the necessary fields
d) scroll to the bottom of the page till you see the below view example: My inventory event is created in CalendarOnce your Inventory Event is added, go to Manage Events to see the available Event actions. My Inventory Event “Cupcake” has status Created.
- Cash Room Report calculation.
- Adding distributors to an item via Inventory import.
- Category Recap Report defining the end date correctly.
- Updating sold-out status from KDS -> Activate.
- Time display in All Orders
- STADIS payment gateway integrated with Connect. It is similar to gateways like Fortress, allowing to redeem stored value and loaded tickets. The integration is with the STADIS cloud-based system. The supported methods of payment are manual entry and swipe.
- Multiple discounts – Allows adding more than one discount to item/order. When creating a discount, e.g., 10% on Connect, you can add multiple sub-discounts with the same value called ‘codes’ that are typed in, scanned or swiped using manager cards on Activate. What’s new is that:
-> more than one discount can be applied to item/order
-> limit of usage can be assigned to codes! Note that multiple discounts can only be added when the “Easy Split” view in Connect > Options > Permission Sets > Payments is enabled.
Follow the below workflow to configure multiple discount + codes on Connect:
a) Connect > Options > Discounts > Create (or use the existing discount)
b) for creating a new discount have a look at the screen below
c) When your discount is created, you can explore more features in Connect > ‘Discounts’ main view. Click on a newly created discount and assign vendors, categories, or more items if needed.
Adding Codes to Discounts
To add Codes, click the “Codes” tab in Discounts section. The below screen shows the Test Discount (10%) that has 3 codes assigned.
3. Blacklisting Credit Cards – our new option allowing to block a credit card that was declined during the checkout process. If the option is enabled, it will blacklist such CCs from being used for a given event. Have a look at the attached image if you want to blacklist CCs on Connect:
While processing checkout, the card data is read and checked using the last 4 digits and cardholder name. The information on Blacklisted CCs is taken from the database. If there has been a declined payment using the same CC (the app checks it automatically), the card is blocked from future use for 5 days and the below alert message is shown on Activate:
- Events tab on Connect has a new layout. You can browse through the calendar using the navigation arrows or just select a date (click on a date/number) and Event creation window pops up. Then, discover some new fields and follow with the new event creation.
- When creating an employee account, it is possible to assign all Vendors (sub vendors are not included) to the account just in one click: Accounts>Add Account (or edit an existing one)> (type: Employee) > Vendor Assignment tab
- Orders page – payment type searching refreshed. Now, the search is more accurate and allows to filter individual payment types, such as, e.g., “split” or “stored value”.
- Sales Breakdown Report in Connect > Reports > Vendor > Sales BreakdownVendor Group added. So if your Vendors have separate groups created, your final report can be narrowed down to a selected group only.
All Vendors in “Vendors” added so that users can run the report for the entire venue. Since running All Vendors involves digesting large data sets, the selected date range cannot be larger than 3 days.
- A similar improvement in Reports > Inventory > Cost of Goods (COGS Report). From now on, the report can be run using vendor groups.
- The Category Recap Report available here: Connect > Reports > Inventory has been much improved. The report is for the Completed Inventory Events only. We’ve added some new features allowing to customize your reports. For more info, see the below steps.
Step 1: Choose the start and end date that interests you and select an event.
Step 2: Select a report. The names of reports will appear, only when Inventory Event is completed. To do that, go to Inventory > Event > Stand Sheets and do the “cont out”.
Step 3: New possibility – to add vendor group and vendor filters supporting the chosen event. Thanks to this feature, not all vendors are required to be counted out or closed. It’s enough when the vendor responsible for the selected event is “completed” in Inventory Standsheets. So the Report Logic is like this:
-> Do not require all vendors in the venue to be counted out or closed
-> Run the report on any vendors that are completed
Example: on Standsheets page, there’re two Vendors:
Status: Vendor1: Active, Vendor2: Completed
Category Report: only Vendor2 is visible below the report, there’s a new flag added:
- By default, the flag is set to NO – in that case, when calculating the Total Tender column, the discount is not subtracted
- If it is set to YES then the Discount column is added to Total Tender
- The COGS (Cost of Goods) button now shows all of the units calculated according to the chosen unit and conversion in a slash format like, e.g., 18.00 CS / 0.50 EA / 0.50 EA. The button is dynamic and adjusts to the changes made using the units dropdown list.
- Printing receipts.
- Inventory Menu waiting time.
- Item refunds with a discount.
- Custom tenders. The ability to define cash-equivalent payment types with a conversion ratio. The conversion ratio will define how many dollars clients need to gain one unit. On Connect, Conversion rate needs to be set, so, e.g. conversion = 2, means $1 = 2 Payment Units.To reach it on Connect go to: Options > Custom Tender.
And then – see how Custom Tender might be edited
- Item management integration with Yellow Dog. YD is an inventory system offering POS, vendor and accounting interfaces. Connect’s integration is a 2-way sync of items and sales data, plus additional functionality to query stock levels and locations. In order to use it in a venue, there are two prerequisites – FTP credentials and items with Vendor IDs assigned that need to be set properly.The new Connect tab is here: Connect>Settings>Integrations. The screen below shows the data required for Yellow Dog integration.
- When Activate is being used as a customer-facing kiosk, you may now let the customer to enter name to open order before submitting. There is new “Enter Name” screen that needs to be filled in to proceed with the purchase. How does it work? Go to: Connect>Options.
2. Email receipts modified. We made small changes to the layout and some unnecessary texts were removed.
3. Orders Page view updates. Datepicker, and new tabs added. Now, the sorting looks differently, items are sorted by the full total instead of subtotal amount. It’s just more friendly, much clearer and there’s no confusion with items’ availability.
And some new fields added to orders view to make it more complete.
4. Item wizard updates and improvements.
5. Purchase orders view refreshed. Now, such expenses as service fees, taxes, and delivery costs are added so that the invoice received by the supplier exactly matches the values entered in the system.
6. Cost of Goods Report is more diversified and shows detailed data.
- Issues with downloading some reports.
- Item level discounts for weight items with modifiers.
- Exporting employee assignments.
- Campus Venue tabs added. It’s just a new feature that enables students making orders from their Campus location. On Connect it can be set in the following way: Go to Main Menu>Settings>Venue>Is Campus – yes> Campus Icon field shows up. (only when your venue is Campus)Restaurant Location settings updated. The restaurant’s exact location can be set to make pickup orders easier for clients. Go to: Connect>Vendor>Choose Vendor>Vendor Settings>Restaurant.
- Drag&Drop the red pin at the desired spot. Latitude & Longitude are set automatically.
- Type in the address manually.
Add Yelp ID to any Vendor that is Campus. Restaurants with assigned Yelp ID are updated with info on popularity, rating, votes, etc. Type restaurant Yelp ID in the space provided. Restaurant’s Name and Rating are filled in automatically.
Hint: Restaurant Yelp ID is found in the address bar after http://www.yelp.com/biz/. For example, the ID in this URL is “t-and-b-grill-chicago” for http://www.yelp.com/biz/t-and-b-grill-chicago
What’s more, Venue marked as Campus has an additional tab “Open Hours”.
In this section, you can manage sales point opening hours. By default, the section is set from Monday to Sunday. Hours and minutes are adjusted manually. If your Vendor is opened, e.g., from Saturday – Sunday a bit longer click: Add Hours to add a new row.
How to set it? There’re 2 ways:
- New buttons assigned to Vendor Roles. Go to Connect>Main Menu>Options>Vendor Roles>choose a Vendor>tab “General” – Delivery Option and POS Pickup Vendor are added. Delivery Option – just decide whether your Vendor is a Pickup point or a Delivery guy. POS Pickup Vendor – marked “YES” means that your Vendor allows pickup and runs its own POS – Point of Sale.
- Wristband integration for Stark RFID and Eventbrite. Stark RFID and Eventbrite are just brand new payment platforms.
- Custom fee added to Connect main menu. To reach it go to: Connect>Options>Custom fees. Fill in all of the required fields (tab details) and assign a vendor (or vendors) where the selected fee will be used.
5. Custom Discounts feature added. After the normal process of creating a discount, this allows you to assign a given discount to a chosen: vendor, category or item. To reach it go to Options>Discounts. Below a sample screen illustrating how to add a regular discount.
6. Items creation. Now, there’s no need to set items to “Active” as it is activated by default. All the required fields (such as e.g., taxes) must be completed. Otherwise, item status cannot be set to Active.
7. Venue has a new possible setting – require tax for item (value can be set to yes/no). NO is set by default.
8. Price Levels handling. Now it’s easier than ever with price settings from Connect side. Changing price levels of POS items trigger the change in inventory items. So when users set a price level on POS side, it automatically updates the pos_price in the inventory table on Connect to match.
9. Inventory Categories view updated. To reach it go to Inventory>Categories>choose or add a category> Specific account codes can be added under “Sales Account Description” and “Cost Account”. The two fields indicated below are text fields and should be filled in with codes up to 20 characters.
10. Update wait time changed. Basically, a client orders pizza using SDK, the restaurant receives the order and using KDS responds with expected wait time (e.g. 15 min). But… the restaurant hits problems as there’s no cheese left. While somebody from staff is rushing to find some cheese, wait time on KDS is updated to 45 min. Simultaneously, the client’s SDK wait time view is being refreshed. Users can change the wait time in two ways: from Connect or KDS.
Options> Vendor Roles> Choose Vendor > Mobile Ordering Options >Temporary Wait Time / Temporary Wait Time Duration. It is possible to set only a temporary wait time or temporary wait time duration. It triggers the change in KDS and SDK.
KDS: section “Settings” > Manage Wait Time button > a popup with time manager shows up. New timing can be also set here:
11. Price Levels for Inventory Items view and workflow improvement. (Main Menu>Inventory>Setup) Enables to change inventory items price once for the whole venue just by one click. Adding a new price level on inventory items makes it possible to define new prices.
How to set it?
One way is when you create a new inventory item: Main Menu>Inventory>Setup>Add Inventory Item> open “PRICES” tab>
- Level 1 – it’s one of the newly created levels to choose from
- Default Price Level. So in this case, no level for inventory item was chosen. That’s why it is marked as Active.
- Warning – If the price on activate level is left empty, price from Default Level is used.
- Only one price level can be set to active.
- Removing price level will remove price levels from inventory items.
- Removing the active price level will change the active price level into the default level.
- Permissions in Connect roles put in alphabetical order.
- Custom Refund and Item Refund options are no longer available for Givex split payments.
- Go to: Reports> Category Sales and Detailed Cat. “Include Comps” button recreated.
- Event – Editable start and end time: Connect>Main Menu> Events> Calendar> Edit Event tab appears> select start and end time for events.
- It is not possible to enable Wizard if the “restrict single modifier” option is enabled. Similarly – If wizard is enabled, it is not possible to enable the option “restrict single modifier”.
- Visibility and division of discounts on PDF receipt.
- Sorting of items: (now they’re grouped by category and then alphabetically within the category both on Connect and PDF).
- Custom Discounts – assigning discounts by Category (previously also assigning by Type, but not functional for users).
- Closed Vendors removed from PDF Standsheet reports.
- Transfers – Connect>Inventory>Transfers. Users will have the ability to select a date range from the calendar and plan a transfer with its inventory and all the items from the past or from an event planned for the future. The feature allows to edit the transfer items.
- A slight improvement in Transfer Summary report. There’s a new filter that allows to choose a report based on its current status. To reach it go to: Reports>Inventory>Transfer Summary Report. There are three Transfer status values: Created (transfer has been created and saved but no actions have been taken), Pending (transfer ready to be actioned) , Completed (transfer confirmed, inventory is moved to the destination location).
- The length of codes typed in while importing Parking Pass Codesincreased to 50 characters.
- Full history of fees&orders became available.
- Duplicated orders issue solved.
- Items&Price visibility in Detailed Category and Category Sales reports.
- Standsheet report edition options.
- Frontgate editing features refreshed.
- Incorrect data showing up on some reports.
- Counting inventory items button.
- PIN validation for Subvendors.
- Improvements in KDS/Connect server response time
- Dynamic prices introduced. Configure in the Main Menu>Items, decide: when, what kind (percent or amount) and value of price changes. Eg., every Friday, price increases by 2$.
- Wristband use limitation. After selected number of declined payments, wristband goes to a venue black list.
- New reports for the preordering feature: Pre-Order Sales Summary, Food Production, Label Generation.
- Click and Park Integration for Parking Passes.
- Any venue can be marked as Campus in the general venue features. In a given venue settings go to: Settings>Venue>General>Is Campus> as shown here:
- Your venue is Campus? Personalize it by creating separate Dorms:Choose section: Dorms>Add Dorm>fill in mandatory fields>mark your dorm as Active>save the changes.
8. Add Yelp ID to any Vendor that belongs to Campus Venues. Restaurants with assigned Yelp ID are updated with info on: popularity, rating, votes etc.
9. Weighted Average – a new way of calculating the price of received purchases. Go to: Settings>Venue>Inventory>Cost After Receiving. Choose Last Price Paid or Weighted Average. The new counting formula Weighted Average allows to update the average final cost.
10. New Vendor Settings Open Hours tab added. Open Hours can be reached for Campus venues only. To set your Open Hours go to: Vendors>select your vendor>Open Hours.
11. Brand new feature in purchasing items. Not so hungry? Now, it is possible to order just a part of a product or package. To do so, type in the float number, e.g. 0.50, and check the price of selected quantity.
12. Discounts can be chosen on two levels: item or order. Assigned to vendors and subvendors.
13. New tabs in Connect main menu>Options>Discounts. From now on, default or customized Item Types can be assigned individually to a given discount.
Information about types&items is based on account id and status = Active.
14. Complete&Transfer button created. It is a simple way to complete and transfer purchased items directly to a selected vendor. To use the button go to: Inventory>Purchase orders>New Purchase order>Create New Purchase order> Complete Purchase order>Click on ‘Mark delivered’ next to newly created order> NEW Button is ‘Complete&Transfer’>transfers you can see on the page Transfers>tab Transfer.
15. In section Roles price levels can be turned on/off by managers depending on event.
16. Category Sales Report moved to section: Reports>Vendor>Sales Breakdown. Pick a date range and Vendor to see the tables with Summary, Orders, Sales, and Payments generated. Available in pdf/csv formats.
- Open Price behavior and UI improvements. Price is always visible in Connect, new layout design is introduced.
- The Sales Breakdown report for vendors using inclusive tax. New feature – generate the report on inclusive tax extracted out of sold items.
- Parking Pass import using Firefox browser.
- Email refund receipt not including refunded modifier information.
- Partial refund on weight items.
- Fortress timeout incorrect behavior.
- The calculation tax column in Category Sales Report.
- Several crashes have been detected and improved.
- Reports>Vendor>Sales Breakdown Reports>Pick a date range and Vendor to see the tables with summary.
- Imported items list has been improved (now: assigned to a particular venue only).
- Issues with promo codes, refund points and their calculation solved.
- Order details PDF reprint. Download receipt as a PDF and print multiple times depending on the needs. On the order details view a Download Receipt is available. After clicking the button, PDF document is automatically saved.
- Ticket item type. To add a ticket go to Main Menu>Items>Create and select a type. After opening item details, ticket may be assigned to particular event.
- Pick event by date or by name for a report purposes.
- Sales Breakdown Report under End Of Show category introduced. Pick a date range and Vendor to see the live view tables with Summary, Orders, Sales, and Payments generated below. Ready to for download in .pdf .csv format.
- Online preordering via Connect available. Make orders before the event starts. Enable in the Connect Main Menu>Layouts>Section Edit.
- Modifiers functionality modifications.
- Active column in the Assigned Items and Add Item tab. Indicates the activated modifiers.
- Both Assigned Items and Assigned Modifier Groups tab columns are sortable to make the view clearer 2. Wage field in the Shift planning update (Connect Main Menu>Accounts>Contact Information tab). Numeric values with decimal places may be entered.
3. Add item view redesign. While Item edit, changing the type besides Food to Drink and reverse is not available.
4. Discount calculations improvement. In both Revenue Reconciliationand Category Recap reports:
- Discount is extracted when calculating the Gross Receipts / Total Tender column
- A filter on the report page named Discounts as Tender has been added
- The flag default is – NO.
- If it is set to YES then the Discount column is added to Gross Receipts / Total Tender
Discount As Tender – set to No view
Discount As Tender – set to Yes view
5. Wizard module functionality and layout modifications. Add/remove modifiers directly within a wizard step.
- Promo enabled switch in Vendor Roles setting improper behavior.
- Employee Role multiple duplications corrections. Multiple duplications are available without page reload.
- Duplicated item creation and setup.
- Reports reliability and display improvements.
- Charging discrepancies between Connect and Activate.
- Fortress split not charging tip in Restaurant mode.
1. New filters added to the Category Sales Report. Go to Main Menu>Reports>End of Show>Category Sales and create a report by selecting a time period and additional adjustment filters: Include Primary Categories, Include Secondary Categories and Include Third Categories. Create the categories and select them to generate more adapted to your needs and clearer report. When no filter is selected – all category types will be visible in the report.
Click +Add Report Category to create item categories in the Main Menu>Options>Report Category. Assign name, and category level.
Go to Main Menu>Items and select an item to be edited. In the Item Info tab, the report category created before may be selected. Depending on the category type assigned, the item will appear at the beginning or the end of the generated report. Also, some categories may be excluded. This makes the report more visible and suitable for particular needs.
2. Sales Export Report in CSV format available. Main Menu>Reports>End of Show tab. Data filtering is provided, also Vendor and Vendor Groups selection to make the data more specified. Automatically generated table providing report details (Vendor ID, Vendor Name, Item ID, Item SKU, Item Name, Report Category, Total Item Quantity, Total Item Value) is visible at the bottom.
- Total Item Quantity may be negative when there’s a higher refund rate than sales (float)
- Total Item Value may also be negative when refund exceeds sales (money)
3. Items availability added. New tab in the Main Menu>Items allows to assign particular time period of each item to be sold. Start Date and End Date buttons were moved from Item Info to Items Availability tab. Flexible availability time periods may be created and assigned. Click Add Availability and decide weather Day Part or Manual configuration is taken as an item setup.
Day Part needs to be created separately in the Main Menu>Options>Day Part. Click create and decide the following:
- Beginning – select date and time
- End – select date and time
- Repeat – select from the available list how often should be repeated (e.g. every Tuesday and Thursday)
- Ends – when the repetition ends (e.g. after 10 occurrences/on a particular day/never)
Click Save to confirm the configuration. The Manual assignment configuration screen is the same as Day Part.
4. International currency setting available in the Settings>Venue>General tab. USD is selected by default, but there’s a possibility to change into CAD.
5. Order ID for Vendor and Subvendor shown in Connect and KDS view. Both IDs are visible on prints to make it clearer.
1. Category Sales values rounding corrections. The decimal values are displayed properly, with 2 decimal places.
2. Price Levels view and workflow improvement. (Main Menu>Options) Enables to change items price once for the whole venue just by one click.
- Level ID is not visible anymore
- Set Active button
- UI change according to new Connect submenu positions design
- Active (Yes/No) status available
- Adding a new price level adds on all items' possibility to define a new price.
- After adding a new price level all items have a new price level with a price copied from the default level.
- Only one price level can be active.
- Removing the price level will remove the price level from items.
- Removing the active price level will change the active price level into the default level.
Add new Price Level by clicking Create. Go to Main Menu>Items and select item. New tab Prices is available. Assign a new price for the item. Click Save to confirm. The item price is now updated.
3. Cost of Goods for Inventory Items update. Now, when the item cost changes, it’s automatically updated in the COGs report.
- Promo codes for Open Items workflow corrections.
- Open Price, Weighted Item, Weight Unit settings not copied while item duplication fix.
- Revenue Reconciliation Report not excluding pre-event transfers in Sales (stock) calculations correction.
- Category Recap Report – Total Tender value recalculation.
- Modifier price not rounded to 2 decimal places fix.
- Weighted Item incorrect calculation fix and method improvement.
- Sold Out modifiers not marked in the Inventory fix.
- Cost Of Goods Report not including modifiers cost fix.
- User Cash Room displaying only the latest adds and drops corrections.
1. SKIDATA integration for earning points. Exchange rate fields for converting order cost into points added. Go to Settings>Venue>SKIDATA tab and decide how many points equal $1 and how many dollars are needed to collect one point.
In addition, assign SKIDATA points to a single item in the Main Menu>Items>Loyalty Points tab.
2. RFID payment for Stored Value available.
3. Loyalty Card assigned to an order available in Activate IOS. If you’re a member of Fortress loyalty program and show your card during purchase, additional extra points are credited. Earn points no matter which payment type you choose.
Enter manually/swipe/scan loyalty card.
- Sold Out for modifiers with wizard view enabled corrections.
- Cost Of Goods report not showing modifiers fix.
1. Item Info Tab setup additional switches. Available in Main Menu>Items>Items>Item Info Tab.
- Open Price – enables to manually assign price to an item in Activate
- Weight item – enables to manually assign price per weight unit to an item in Activate (e.g. 2$/oz)
- Weight Units – enables to choose the particular weight unit for an item (e.g. Ounce, Bottle)
2. Employee card swipe to login available. Employee card swipe enables managing Time clock in Activate. Up to 20 alphanumeric characters are available as an admin or employee PIN. There’s a possibility to log in with card swipe, or manually typed 4 digits PIN.
1. Revenue Analysis Report adjustment. It’s now aligned with the Inventory Recap Report. Go to Main Menu>Reports>Inventory>Revenue Analysis Report. It shows all item price and number variance (POS, Stock) grouped by categories.
- items are sorted the same way as the Inventory Recap Report
- first 5 columns match the Inventory Recap Report
- all calculation have been improved
2. Inventory Type Promo code setup improvement. Only Award Type (Dollar / Percent / Free Item / Free additional items) may be applicable for this promo code type. Go to Main Menu>Codes>Settings to see the changes.
3. Account setup for Shift planning purpose adjustment. In the Contact Information Tab, required fields are marked. Shift planning must be visible in the Main Menu>Schedule.
1. Levels, sections, rows and seats editing incorrect display fix.
2. Tender Report not showing correct data for Corporate user fix.
1. Barcode print on a receipt in 1D (numbers only) and 2D (QR code) format. To enable go to Options>Vendor Roles>Printing Tab.
1D – if enabled (Order Number Barcode), Order ID/Check number, no additional text.
2D – QR code, uses the Custom barcode Text field.
2. Recap Report update.
- Additional filters available to let you search the events easier.
- The report shows only data from vendors active during the selected event.
Go to Reports>Inventory>Recap Report to download an excel file with the event inventory view, grouped by vendors, with item status before, during and after the event.
1. Export Assignment button workflow improvement. Go to Items>Export Assignment to download an excel file with all items assignment to particular vendors. Item ID and Vendor ID are visible. Now, also items assigned only to subvendors are listed.
1. Receiving Date and Decay Date in the Item Inventory wrong display fix. In the Inventory>Setup>Item dates were incorrectly shown after item edit. Now, the problem has been resolved.
2. List of assigned items to modifiers in modifiers modals incorrect view. Modifiers assigned to particular items were not visible in the Modifiers>Assigned items view.
3. Life Overview not tracking Stock Count off catalog items fix. After purchase, amount of left in stock items did not change. Go to Inventory>Life Overview and select a Vendor. A list of items appears, income and outcome may be monitored.
4. Sold Items (with no modifiers required) quantity in the Cost Of Goods Report incorrect calculation fix. COG report was showing wrong sold items amount due to modifiers selection.
Go to Reports>Inventory>Cost Of Goods and enable/disable the modifier visibility in the report.
Report example with Roll Up enabled:
Report example with Roll Up disabled:
1.Ad Slideshow Tab in the Main Menu>Accounts available. After a selected time period a photo slideshow appears in the Activate. Multiple photos may be added, displayed on Login/Menu/All screens.
2. Givex payment adjustment. New Givex refund related information on receipts.
Additional information regarding failed order refund transactions.
1. Category Recap Report workflow evaluation.
- Sales numbers matching Inventory Recap Report.
- All categories assigned to the Inventory are displayed in the report.
- Category Recap Report tax calculations improvement. Tax is inclusive, not a sales percent. Go to Main Menu>Reports>Inventory>Category Recap and download an excel file showing income divided into categories, filtered by selected time period.
Tax is calculated based on Main Menu>Inventory>Options>Categories Tax Rate field configuration:
1. Dashboard related fixes:
- Transaction breakdown per hour doesn’t show any data. In the Main Menu>Dashboard>Parking>Breakdown Per Hour no data was displayed.
This report shows profits/collected orders number/item number of Parking Passes scanned every hour (24h).
- Graphs UI improvements. All data correctly displayed and clearly visible.
- Correct venue time displayed.
2. Cost Of Goods Report (COG) not aligned with Category Sales Report fix. Data in both reports was different, modifiers were improperly displayed, quantities were not calculated correctly.
Go to Main Menu>Reports>Inventory>Cost Of Goods to download a COG analysis. Filtered by selected time period, grouped by popularity, items statistics and overall ranking, all venue category items are shown.
Go to Main Menu>Reports>End of Show>Category Sales to download Category Sales per Venue and Vendor Group/Vendor. It’s related to COG, simpler view focused only on number,type and value of transactions.
3. New event creation process error fix. In the Main Menu>Inventory>New Event after adding an event with Bring items to par switch enabled, it was not displayed on the list.
In the Main Menu>Inventory>Setup select an item and add a PAR value.
When the switch Bring Items to Par is enabled during event creation, indicated PAR value will be the item status when the event starts. Items will be automatically transferred from warehouse to reach the requested amount. If the item amount is already matching, no action is performed.
1. New report types available:
- Purchase Item History Report – gives possibility to display item purchase history filtered by date. Select one / all items.
Date (date when item has been received), PO (Purchase Order number), PO Unit (Purchase Order Unit), Qty (received items number), Unit Price (single unit price), Ext Price (total item price), Supplier (name of the item delivery person/company), Invoice/Location/Pack Size/Unit Price are shown.
- Item Usage Report – additional useful excel file, generated by date, warehouse, vendor, item selection. Gives current item inventory status. Enables to track items quantity across the venue (between warehouse and vendors). As an example, provides detailed information about wastes (wasted products) / comps (employers wastes) around all stands, total units conversion from venue to inventory.
2. For stored payments (Givex/Fortress/Blackboard) trimming additional alphanumeric QR code value is now available. Trimmed, are ready to be scanned. Go to Settings>Venue>Tab Extras.
3. Permission Sets assign for Vendor and Subvendor accounts (feature KDS related). Set up in Main Menu>Items>Vendor Assignment Tab.
1. Tip Enabled switch in Main Menu>Options>Employee Roles>Fee/Tip/Tax Tab setup evaluation. Activate Tip by selecting At charge and decide weather tip is collected before, or on the signature screen.
Tip before sign screen:
Tip on the sign screen:
2. Bank Capabilities workflow improvement. Turn on to allow cash transactions on the created account. Now, value different from 0 may be set and will be shown in Activate. Go to Connect>Options>Employee Roles>Tab General to enable Bank Capabilities.
3. Discount amount on Codes Reports changes. Code reports indicate what promo codes were used for particular items purchase. Also, what’s the price, quantity and subtotal value of items groups. Report is divided into several sections: All codes from the venue, Codes per vendor/vendor group, Codes per Account/Account group.
- The price column has been updated to show the average discount of each item
- The subtotal column has been updated to show the total discount for each item
1. Connect and Activate related Stand sheet inconsistencies fix. Some values in the Inventory were not displayed properly in Connect.
2. Partial refunds workflow fix. On the receipts, after a partial refund, the whole order value was shown.
- Parking Pass main view structure redesign. Filters are now moved below to be more visible.
2. Additional columns on printed stand sheets and stand sheet detail screen are displayed.
In Connect the following columns are new:
- POS sales
- Sales (count as Price times Exp sold)
On the printed stand sheet (PDF) Sales column has been added.
1. In Connect Main Menu>Options>Tax Groups, only one Tax Group type is displayed.
2. Restaurant mode orders are now properly handled. Category Sales is aligned with Tender Type Total Sales amounts.
- After vendor closing, overnight all stock transfer to the warehouse with clicking the transfer stock button.
- Main Menu UI refresh. Home replaced by Dashboard and Parkinginstead of Parking Pass shown below when available.
- Venue setup UI refresh. Switches and dialog boxes rearranged.
- Transfer Summary Inventory report.
- Inventory Value view and report.
- Inventory Category Value view and report.
- Inventory Purchase Item History report.
- Parking pass report breakdown.
- Parking Passes import/export improvement. Correct data is stored in the database after an import file with Parking Pass codes. Time zone included.
- Cash operations procedure optimization. Shorter order finalizing process.
- Split payment with multiple credit card signature process evaluations. During split payment with multiple credit cards, the unique filename for order signature is used.
- Support e-mail address on the Menu>Help changed into email@example.com.
- Menu>Item setup UI refresh. Date pickers displayed properly.
- Inventory Setup page added pagination and speed improvements.
- Expected Sold and Sales added to printed stand sheets.
- Inventory visibility when inactive problems. Warehouse visible even when inactive. Inventory displayed correctly, Add item buttons are updated while switching tabs.
- Revenue reconciliation report vendor status fix. No blank event reports when the time period selected.
- Generate and print all event’s stand sheets as one file (PDF/HTML).
- Loaders on Reports added.
- Parking passes – UI improvements.
- Daily reports improvements.
- Removed the “At checkout” option from the Connect menu for seat selection on mobile apps.
- Improved connect role settings visually.
- Dashboard graphs visibility.
- Purchase order status e-mail workflow updated.
- Date printed on export reports associated with selected timezone.
- Vendor assignment – UI improvements.
- Item modifying saving and image display.
- Improper date display during the purchase order creation.
- Distributors maintenance.
- Grand total value calculations.
- Cash register improvements.
- Cash Actions of all Shared Employees are returned for shared accounts.
- Refreshed UI of Report pages.
- All event’s Stand Sheets can be exported as one PDF file.
- Service Fee text can be configured for each Vendor separately.
- Promo Code can be created and used on multiple venues.
- Modifiers can be added multiple times to the same order with Wizard in Activate App.
- Parking Pass updates and improvements.
- Improved performance of marking PO as delivered.
- Item modal behavior and styling.
- Error on Multi Transfer made from Default Distributor.
- Modifiers not shown in Activate on Subvendor accounts.
- Improved handling of categories in Inventory.
- Error on saving Inventory item.
- Check Number optimizations.
- Issues with editing Promo Code.
- KDS orders reappearing when Tab is closed.
- Activity switches in the Transfers section not working properly.
- Incorrect information about the number of orders.
- Misaligned Cash Room coins and bills screen.
- Export assignment file not including items assigned only to sub vendors.
- “Separate by day” switch not working properly on Reports pages.
- Issue with refunding completed orders in KDS.