- Items display in KDS as soon as they are ordered.
- KDS totals reflect items removed in Activate.
- Chits show that orders have been paid.
- All items display when the Easy Split payment screen is accessed.
- Updated logic to prevent Sub-vendor/Vendor from bumping status.
- Changed the prefix and status indication colors on chits to improve appearance and usability.
- Prefixes display on KDS and are printed on the paper chits.
- Improved performance and communication for local order passing.
- Removed the ability to refund items and orders from KDS.
- Fixed an issue where Order IDs did not display.
- Fixed an issue where the order time was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where offline orders were not auto-printed.
- Fixed an issue where the KDS printed orders despite log out.
- Fixed an issue where the orders displayed without Modifiers.
- Fixed an issue where KDS crashed after a check was canceled.
- Fixed an issue where empty orders displayed on Sub-vendor KDS.
- Fixed an issue where the Date Picker did not filter orders by date.
- Fixed an issue where the Checkout Number did not display correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Table Service did not print seat or item information.
- Fixed an issue where Additional Notes did not save after they were edited.
- Fixed an issue where KDS crashed when a user ordered items with modifiers.
- Fixed an issue where orders from Multivendor Accounts did not show up in Local KDS.
- Fixed an issue where KDS was online, but Activate displayed an error that KDS was offline.
- Fixed an issue where Dynamic Orders did not disappear after logging out from Activate.
- Fixed an issue where the Refunded Orders screen showed checks that had not been refunded.
- Fixed an issue where there was an error after the status was changed on Sub-vendor order details.
- Fixed an issue in Split Check where orders disappeared from KDS after the order status changed.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to change order status from Completed back to Pending.
- Fixed an issue where an In Progress order changed to Completed status when the check was closed.
- Fixed an issue where Completed checks returned to Pending status when Split Check was selected.
- Fixed an issue where Completed partial payments returned to Pending status after the check was closed.
- Fixed an issue where orders in Table Service mode did not display in KDS until the check had been paid.
- Fixed an issue where orders were not completed when Vendor and Sub-vendor items were combined.
- Fixed an issue where the Dynamic Order ID was not refreshed in KDS when Activate connected with the server.
- Fixed an issue where clearing the cart in Activate did not correspondingly clear the cart in KDS when Dynamic Order Mode was set to ‘Fire on Payment’ in Connect.
- Added a notification option for new orders.
If you enable this option, a sound will play when a new order is sent to the kitchen. The alert will only play for orders on the Pending tab.
To enable this option: Settings > Play Sound on New Order.
- Increased the font size for order modifiers on printed chits.
Customers complained that the modifier text size was too small.
The font size was increased to be the same as the parent item.
- The service printer does not cause KDS to crash.
KDS crashed when printing requests were forwarded.
- Added a notification option for new orders.
- A small update has been added to KDS order details due to implementation of Restaurants functionality on Activate.
Currently, when you finalize a Restaurant check order on Activate, KDS should display seat number and table number, or customer name on a printed runner chit.
Example1: Activate: I open a Restaurant check order (opening at table) KDS: The printed chit should include information about table name and seat number. Example2: Activate: I open a Restaurant check order (opening with Guest name) KDS: The printed chit should include the Guest name and seat number. Note! When there're both table name and customers name given on Activate when opening a check order, table name always wins => it should always be displayed instead of a guest name.
- Crash after scanning barcodes.
- Running time (clock for the order) not updating.
1.1 What’s that? – short description of the feature
1.2 Example use
2 Upcoming orders flow – step-by-step description of the new type of orders
1.1 WHAT’S THAT?
-> Auto-Fire – a new feature that allows kitchen staff to prepare orders for a later time.
-> to make it work on KDS, you need to have Pickup Time Selection enabled on Connect. To do it go to Connect > Vendors > (click on your KDS Vendor) > Vendor Settings
1.2 EXAMPLE USE:
-> order is placed at 10:00 am (SDK) for pickup at 11:30 am
-> Prep Time (Connect) is set to 10 min
-> next, this order goes to KDS to the “Upcoming” tab. Pickup time – prep time => 11:20 am.
2. UPCOMING ORDERS FLOW
1. Client makes an order (via SDK) and chooses pickup time at i.e. 11:30 am
Note! The feature works only for orders with a chosen pickup time (SDK)
Make an order > choose Pickup Time > confirm with “OK” > Result:Pickup Time is selected
2. SDK checkout ends in success and order goes to KDS
3. Your order goes to KDS “Upcoming” tab. That’s only for orders with pickup time set.
4. Some changes in order’s view
5. Possible actions when an order in “Upcoming” status.
-> When an order is “Upcoming”, you can change the status to “Pending” only
-> Then, when your order is in “Pending” status, you can change it to: “In Process” or “Completed”
6. Depending on the prep Time settings, the negative time value (for order’s completion) displayed on the Upcoming order is counted differently.
There are 3 definitions that may help you understand the difference:
pickup Time = the ability to order food for later on the current day for a short-term completion like i.e. 60 minutes (config in Connect > Vendors > Vendor > Vendor Settings). This is an SDK setting
prep Time = time needed for the kitchen (KDS) to prepare a given order (config in Connect > Vendors > Vendor > Vendor Settings). This is KDS setting. Once it is set in Connect, it is the default prep Time for all KDS orders
showTime = Time value defined by: pickup Time- Vendor prep Time. When showTime >= (bigger or equal) to now, KDS order automatically moves to Pending page
- Network printers connectivity support after crash recovery.
- Improved support for multiple iPads.
- KDS Chit Printing.
- KDS Catalog Permission Parameters added. Using Permission Sets from Connect, KDS functioning and visibility of some buttons can be changed.
1.1 Admin PIN may be required on the deactivate button so a kitchen user does not accidentally remove an item from the menu. Set the below permission to YES if you want to restrict the Disabled button on KDS to those users who have access to PIN.
Permission = YES and then, how it works on KDS:
1.2 Decide if the deactivate button (for items) should be visible in KDS > Catalog. By default, it is set to YES = visible. It can be changed here:
And how it looks on KDS (e.g. permission = NO)
1.3 => Decide whether the sold-out button should be visible (KDS > Catalog). By default, it is set to YES = visible. It can be changed here:
2. The second thing we’ve added is handling network printers. Printing does not need to be set anywhere, it’s a default feature.
- Refunding weight items. In the 3.8 version, it will be possible to refund such items without choosing their quantity again. So it will function in the same way as for single quantity “ordinary” items.
KDS displays the order as Partially Refunded. The actions that can be taken now are:
– Tap order
– Tap Issue Refund:
a) Individual Item = Cancel the existing refund
b) Entire Order = Refund the whole order (if only partial refund has been made).
- Tab Orders and regular orders view enhanced. Until now, KDS had occasional problems when there were two such orders made simultaneously. Currently, it is improved and works fine.
- Receipts. To prevent any double printing, we’ve decided to introduce using a database instead of text files for printouts.
- Printing receipts after crash optimization.
- KDS Catalog issues.
- Chit printing.
- New and handy feature – Scanning printed receipt barcodes.Currently, it is possible for clients to scan a barcode for the given Order ID placed on a printed ticket using Infinea (type of a swiper). Once the barcode is scanned successfully, the correct order shows up on the screen then.
- Some issues with orders’ status.
- Two colored timer indicating order status on main Pending view added. The order indicator turns red after 5 mins by default from making an order (unless it’s set differently see point 2)
- It is possible to configure the default time (5mins) from Connect (Vendors). Subvendor settings,in this case, are the same as assigned Vendor’s. How to change the default time? “Blink Intervals” set from Connect come in handy. Go to: Connect>Vendors>Choose or create your Vendor>Vendor Settings tab
- Pickup text shows up (once the seat is confirmed) when the delivery order is made. Well, that includes, of course, setting Vendor Role on Connect. To do it, go to Connect>Vendor Roles>GENERAL (see the screen below) If “Pos Pickup Vendor” marked YES – KDS displays:
- KDS version number placed in the right bottom corner.
- Need more space for better visibility of orders? New layout: left menu hidden until you slide from left to open it. It can be set from Connect here: Connect>Options>Permission Sets>KDS>Left menu hidden by default. Then, such a permission set should be applied to a given account.
- PIN is required to manage settings, catalog, and admin sections. It is also duplicated for KDS subvendor accounts. New options are permission sets configured from Connect. Go to: Connect>Options>Permissions Sets>KDS:“Require PIN for settings page” setting added. To do it, mark it “YES” and Save. The next step is to assign the correct permission to a Vendor. To do it go to: Connect>Accounts>Vendor>choose your Vendor> ”Edit Account” tab opens (like this one below) and Save Changes.
- Visibility of modifiers and wizard items.
- App behavior when printing after a crash. Now, when AutoPrint is ON, orders are printed automatically even if a crash occurred. There’s no need to log in again after a crash.
- Wristbands: Admin section>finalize day view updated with wristbands use.
- Wristbands handling: finalize day view updated with total wristbands use; credit info has new keys excluding wristbands from credits; total wristbands line added to Totals print.
- Update wait time changed. Basically, a client orders pizza using SDK, the restaurant receives the order and using KDS responds with expected wait time (e.g. 15 min). But… the restaurant hits problems as there’s no cheese left. While somebody from staff is rushing to find some cheese, wait time on KDS is updated to 45 min. Simultaneously, the client’s SDK wait time view is being refreshed. Users can change the wait time in two ways: from Connect or KDS.Options> Vendor Roles> Choose Vendor > Mobile Ordering Options >Temporary Wait Time / Temporary Wait Time Duration. It is possible to set only a temporary wait time or temporary wait time duration. It triggers the change in KDS and SDK.KDS: section “Settings” > Manage Wait Time button > a popup with time manager shows up. New timing can be also set here:
- Issue with partial orders and updating seats.
- Incorrect PIN validation.
- API calls optimized. Now, only when new orders are made API is called every 10s. Maximum delay does not exceed 15s.
- Categorized and Uncategorized print types available. Click Print All Totals to see a drop-down list with two new options. Uncategorized is a regular print, Categorized include sales, fees, and tips elements.
- App reliability and acceleration improvement.
- Application sometimes did print double checks when operating under subvendor.
- French language support. Change locale of the device to Francais (Canada) and you are ready to enjoy KDS in your native language.
- Total Taxes and Total House sales are now included on Total Sales printout.
- Order ID for Vendor and Subvendor shown in Connect and KDS view. Both IDs are visible on prints to make it clearer.
- Currency internationalization. USD and CAD introduced. Receipt print and items price in the Catalog view updated with a currency symbol.
- Application operating process acceleration.
- Weight items price incorrect calculations fix.
- Seat info disappearing randomly repairs.
- Double printed receipts correction.
1. Orders new sorting feature. In Settings, select New orders at the top or New orders at the bottom to shift orders in Pending and Completed view. New orders may appear at the top of the view, or bottom, which makes them more visible, easier to track.
New orders at the top view:
New orders at the bottom view:
2. Vendor and Account name visible on all Pending and Completed orders.
Also available on printed receipts.
1. Subtotal, tip, grand total, refund, tax values may be shown/hidden on the KDS printed receipts. In Connect>Options>Permission Sets>KDS.
1. Printing orders error. While receiving orders (Settings>Autoprint new orders – on), and lack of paper in the printer, multiple error messages were shown. Now, just one notifying message is visible, there’s no need to manually print queued receipts after loading paper because orders are spooling.
2. Orders download after Mobile ordering in Connect>Options>Permission Sets>Main view is disabled. Now, the problem is fixed.
- New Main Menu position – Catalog.
It enables to track and manage order details and general item settings. Click the item to see an additional submenu.
Now, easily search, switch sold product categories or change the view from the list into the block using top menu icons.
Additionally, switch items position on the list/block list to make them more visible for the customer.
To add a new item, click the Plus button on the right and fill the necessary gaps.
Choose and set options such as:
- item is enabled to order
- show/hide description
- enable/disable price overriding after adding a modifier
- inventory status tracking
- assign SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) to control item purchase
2. Refunded position on Completed orders detailed view. Grand total is the sum of constituent above, while refund is one of them.
Brand new user experience to streamline and add more features to our kitchen display application.
- Detailed order view with section/row/seat and order ID in Pending and Completed order category. Allows to track and manage all upcoming and completed orders.
- Order detailed view optimized with additional order ID, section/row/seat numbers and tax. All the necessary data in one place.
- Admin PIN confirmation added on refunding Tab partial orders
- Multivendor login – new ability to assign Vendor account to multiple Vendors. Orders from all selected Vendors can be shown and handled with one KDS login.
- “Large Font” mode doubling size of the font on printed receipts
- Item icons not visible in Catalog.
- Alcohol items printed in Drink part of the receipt.
- Print all total improvements.
- Bulk print for Refunded Orders.
- Auto-print issues.
- Issue with handling items with Modifier Price Override.
- Issue with swiping PIN card to refund an order.
- Current App version is shown under Settings.
- Ability to log in using previously-stored login credentials with a stored login button on the login screen.
- Fee and Tax amounts are printed on receipts.
- New feature to print out 2 receipts on every prin added to the menu.
- Venue time is taken as “day” (if the venue day is set from 5 AM-5 AM orders are shown during that time for that day).
- Date selector missing after Bulk Print.
- App freezes when Printer cover is opened or the paper is empty.
- Performance issues while switching between “Pending” and “Completed” sections.
- Several issues with editing Catalog items.
- “Sold Out” parameter in item can’t be modified from KDS app.