If you find that your iPad screen is going dark when using the Guided Access feature, please do the following to resolve.
- Exit Guided Access by triple-clicking the home button and enter the pin. (*Note:* the guided access PIN may be different from the iPad lock screen PIN)
- Update the iPad’s iOS to 12.1.1+
- On the iPad’s home screen, touch the settings (cog) icon and go to the General menu.
- In the Accessibility > Guided Access menu, turn on the Mirror Display Auto-Lock setting down at the bottom. This will mirror your Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock setting.
- Once Guided Access is re-enabled the issue will not re-occur.