You can use a self-test to check the printer’s settings. Before you start the self-test, make sure that roll paper has been properly loaded into the printer.
Self Test Procedure
- Turn the printer power by holding down the FEED button and the POWER button simultaneously for 5 seconds or more.
- The printer will print the current printer status, including the firmware version, communication mode, and print settings.
- The self-test will finish automatically. The printer will be ready to receive data after the self-test finishes.
Printing the Bluetooth Device Name and MAC Address
- Follow the procedure in section 3.2.1 to perform a self-test.
- Before the self-test finishes, press and hold FEED button and MODE button at the same time.
- The printer will print the Bluetooth device name and MAC address (the contents up to the memory switch setting information in case of the StarPRNT), and the self-test will finish automatically.
- The printer will be ready to receive data after the self-test finishes.
It is possible to switch the communication mode setting between Bluetooth and USB. Please see below for details to select the proper communication mode for your application.
USB: [USB] is printed when a self-test is executed. In the USB mode, USB communication can be performed using the attached USB communication cable. When you connect the serial cable, the printer is automatically switched to USB communication from Bluetooth communication.
Bluetooth(Mac): [Bluetooth(Mac)] is printed when a self-test is executed. At the Bluetooth(Mac) mode, the printer can communicate with Mac, Android device and Windows over Bluetooth.
Bluetooth (Auto): [Bluetooth (Auto)] is printed when a self-test is executed. When using the printer with an iOS, Android, or Windows device, you can use Bluetooth without manually switching the Bluetooth mode.
Note: If you used an iOS device before an Android device, the auto connection function for iOS prevents the Android device from connecting to the printer. Make sure to turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device, or delete the device.
Auto sleep function at communication mode [Bluetooth(Auto)] and USB mode
At communication mode [Bluetooth(Auto)] or USB mode, set the Auto sleep mode to “NO USE” or Auto OFF mode.
When the printer recovers from sleep mode in communication mode [Bluetooth(Auto)] or USB mode, a Bluetooth connection with the printer cannot be established. Therefore, it is impossible to use the Auto sleep function when the Communication mode of the printer is set to communication mode [Bluetooth(Auto)] or USB mode.
Note: Simple method of switching over between Bluetooth (Auto) and Bluetooth(Mac) communication modes
- Press and hold the MODE button and the FEED button for at least five seconds until ERROR lamp flashes five times.
- Continuously hold down the MODE button and the FEED button even until the buzzer sounds twice. The Bluetooth communication mode switches.