Often customers use magnetic striped cards to enter their PIN using Activate. The set-up is simple:
In Connect, go to Accounts and select User's Account name. Be sure the Employee PIN matches the PIN that is programmed on the user's card mag stripe.
(The customer will perform the following steps below)
To test the mag stripe on the card please do the following:
1. Press the two buttons at the bottom right underside of the terminal screen simultaneously (or hold the power button down for 2-3 seconds).
2. A control panel screen will appear asking for the password to the device (password is 1elo).
3. At the bottom of the screen, select 'Apps'
4. Then select Settings
5. Select Peripheral test APP
6. Locate the MSR section, tap from Off to ON (Key Injection will appear)
7. Be sure the setting is on HID.
8. Swipe Mag Stripe Card and the data programmed on the card will appear in the white field box.
10. The Mask Track 2 should be the Employee PIN number that is in the Connect account profile.
11. Then retest the card with an Activate login.
Customers can get cards from any supplier. As long as there is a mag stripe the cards will work; when Connect is assigned the correct PIN number.