Pre-authorizing Credit Cards Before an Event
PreOrders may be preauthorized within a 24 hour period prior to the event start date and time. This can be done by bulk or individually. The preauthorization of PreOrder credit cards is required for the transaction to be processed successfully on Event Day. If the credit card is not preauthorized through Connect, the transaction will decline in Activate.
- In Connect, click Suites
- Select PreOrders from the collapsed menu
- Select a single order, multiple orders or the current page of orders to bulk edit from the drop-down.
- Once the PreOrders are selected, click the Bulk Actions dropdown menu and then ‘Pre-Authorize’ to begin the process.
- A confirmation modal will display, click OK to proceed.
- When the pre-authorization has completed the status of the orders will update to PREAUTHORIZED.
- When the employee logs into Activate the PreOrder will sync with the stored card attached.