Split Check in Activate Classic
Steps to Split the Check in Activate
- Log into Activate and place items into the cart.
- Tap the 'Check' button to open a new Check.
- Open the check by Name, Seat or Credit Card.
- If split check is enabled for the Vendor, a 'Split Check' button will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select the button to add another check.
- A new check will be added with a new name. Ex. If the main check was opened with the name 'Joe,' subsequent checks will be named 'Joe1,' 'Joe2,' etc. The name can be changed by tapping the name field and editing the text.
- Hit the + button to add more splits.
- Click on items shown on the first opened check and move the selected item to the appropriate Check.
- When the items have been split correctly, click the green 'CONFIRM' button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a printing option - 'Print all checks: No/Yes.'
- All of the checks will move to the 'Open' tab on the 'Check Orders' view. Each check will be listed individually.
- Tap an individual check to edit it; add more items, edit items on the check, closeout the check or print.
When adding multiples of the same item to the cart, you must tap the 'Breakout' button in the cart (Ex. 3 Cokes or french fries). This will allow you to move the items to separate checks when using Split Check. If you don't Breakout the items, it will not be possible to split them into separate checks.
Note: The 'Breakout items in check' option must be enabled on the Tabs section of the Permissions Sets for the accounts.
- Log into Activate.
- Add the same item to the cart multiple times (Ex. 3 french fries)
- Tap 'Breakout' button to list each item individually in the cart.
- Proceed with opening the Check as normal.
When you are on Split Check view and tap the green Confirm button, a message will pop up with print options - 'Do you want to print all checks? No/Yes'
- Yes: all checks will be printed and Activate will return to the Check Orders view.
- No: The checks will not be printed. They can be printed at a later time by going to the Left Menu in Activate and selecting Checks View.