Appetize Academy - Cash Room
Want to watch some quick videos on this topic? Check out this course in Appetize Academy for more info.
The Cash Room options must be enabled in a user's Connect Role in order to view, create or edit Venue and User Cash Room.
- Log into Connect and select 'Cash Room' from the left side menu
- Select 'Default Settings' to view the Cash Room settings.
- Cash Room by Vendor: If turned on, allows the user to reconcile by vendor in Cash Management versus user accounts.
- Cash Room By Denomination: If turned on, allows the user to adjust bank and enter drops by denomination.
- Default Cash Room Drops: Allows the user to choose how many drops should be included in each event. The default for this setting is 3.
- Cash room actuals: Provides the option to check the final total for the cash room, You can toggle between yes or no,
- Cash action edit timer: Provides the option to set a timer for the cash room.
- Require reference ID: Provides the option to allow or not a reference ID, you can toggle to yes or no.
Note: If you switch from Cash Room by Vendor to by user accounts and there is cash room data listed in Cash Management, the data will be deleted and you will have to re-enter the information.
Cash Room Settings in Calendar Events
The 'Cash Room By Denomination' and 'Cash Room by Vendor' Toggles can be updated per event along with the 'Cash Room Drop Count' if the user does not want to change the settings for all events.
- In Connect, select Events in the left side menu and select 'Calendar' from the dropdown.
- Select the month and then click on the numeric date of the desired event.
- Setup the time frame for the event (Name, Date and Time Start, and Date & Time End are required fields).
- Toggle the button to 'Yes' for Include Inventory Event.
- Adjust the Cash Room settings as desired before continuing to the next step.
Note: If you update these settings while there is cash room data listed in Cash Management, the data will be deleted and you will have to re-enter the information.
Cash Room Reporting
To access reporting tools for the Cash Room, please select Cash Room > Reports
- Tender Summary: Provides a breakdown of all tenders used during a certain timeframe/event.
- Cash Summary: Provides a breakdown of the starting bank, drops, and the total collected by vendor and account name.
- Denomination Breakdown: Provides a cash breakdown by denomination for each vendor by account, and cash totals