The Appetize suites module is designed to simplify the day to day operations of suites management. It brings together all aspects of guest ordering into a single, easy to use module that fits into your Appetize ecosystem seamlessly.
Configuring Suites Vendors
Suites vendors must be created for printing purposes. This is where you establish KDS routing to pantries and kitchens.
Note: Menus/items are not associated with suite vendors, they are associated with Event Types.
A Vendor Role will need to be created with Suites enabled in order to utilize this functionality.
- Login to Connect and click on 'Options' in the left side menu.
- Select 'Vendor Roles' from the Options drop down and then click 'Create' in the upper right corner.
- Type in the name of the Vendor Role and click 'Save.'
- Once the Vendor Role is created, ensure that the SUITE ENABLED option on the 'General Tab' is set to YES (screenshot below).
After the Vendor Role is created, Vendor(s) can then be created and assigned the new Vendor Role.
Note: We suggest creating at least one separate vendor role for suites, rather than cross sharing a non-suite vs. suite vendor role.
Create a Vendor
- Login to Connect and click 'Vendors' on the left side menu.
- Select the 'Add Vendor' button in the top right corner.
- Once the pop up window appears, fill in the Vendor Settings and click 'Save Changes.'
Adding Items to Suites
- Login to Connect and select 'Items' from the left side menu and 'Items' again from the collapsed menu.
- Click 'Create' in the top right corner and input the Item’s Name, Type and Price.
- Click 'Save' to create the Item.
- Once the item is created, select it from the list to edit.
- Make sure Suite Item is set to YES on the Details tab under Detailed Information for every item that will be available in Suites Pre-Ordering.
Adding Suites to Events
Select Events > Event Types. Select the Blue Create button and Enable Suites YES on each. Event Types are directly correlated to the Suites PreOrder Menu.
Configure Suites PreOrder Settings
Click on Suites > Settings to configure your Pre-Order settings.
Select the pencil toggle on PreOrder URL and type in the name of the venue. This is the URL entered into the browser to place PreOrders. Fill in each section.
Suites and Suite Holder Accounts
To create Suites, navigate to Suites > Suites > Select blue Create button in the top right-hand corner. Enter a name and assign the appropriate vendor. Repeat the process for each individual suite.
Suite Functionality: Specific suites are assigned to specific vendors. This will route the items to the KDS/Pantry.
Create Suite Accounts
Navigate to Suites > Suite Accounts. Select blue Create button on the top right corner.
Enter Suiteholder contact/billing information. Select Active YES if suiteholder requires access to PreOrder Portal. Selecting Active NO will deactivate their account information. Select Allow Invoicing YES if suiteholder is not required to provide a form of payment at the time the order is placed. Selecting NO will force the suiteholder to enter credit card information to hold the order at checkout. See image below.
Suite Holder Account functionality: Suite Holder Accounts are assigned to specific Suites based on Event Type.
Select the Suite number the Suite Account was sold. Then select the respective Event Type the account will be occupying the suite.
Suite Users Configuration
To add a suite user, choose the Suite Account in which you want to add the user against, select the 'users' tab and select 'add user' in the top right-hand corner:
Within a Suite Account there can be multiple user accounts generated and assigned to the parent suite holder account to allow different online pre-order functionality.
- Administrator: Can view/edit all orders placed on behalf of a parent account
- Primary Account Type: Can view/edit only orders they have placed
- Guest: One time user/single event suiteholder. Suiteholder is unable to log in after designated event passes
Leave Access Pin BLANK. Once you select SAVE in the bottom right corner the user will automatically receive an email with the PreOrder Link and the Access Pin will generate.
If the user to this account no longer requires access to the PreOrder Portal select Active NO.
After the Suite Account is created it can be selected from the main landing page for additional configuration. To do this, simply select the account you would like to modify from the list.
Configure Suites Menu
Click Suites > Menus > and select the blue Create button. Name the Menu and connect it to the respective Event Type. Click Assign to the items you would like available on the menu. If Advanced Day Ordering and Event Day Ordering differ in pricing, ie. Ramp pricing on Event Day, it is entered on the menu.
Suite Delivery Schedule Configuration
Click Suites > Delivery Schedule > Create. The Delivery Schedule allows the suiteholder/suites admin to plan the general delivery time of individual items. Name the schedule and connect it to its respective event type. The Sequence Name will be reflected in the Suites Portal.
Click Suites > PreOrders. Here you will find all of the submitted PreOrders. On the below landing page, you can instantly see the Event, Event Date, Suite Number, Account, User, and Payment Method. At the top you can filter the dates of orders. You can also select each column header and an arrow will appear to filter the row alphabetically or numerically.
The PreOrder can be downloaded, printed and pre-authorized. The Event Order Report and Kitchen Production Report by Suite is also available on an individual order. For more information regarding Suites reporting, please see Running Suites Reports.
Suites User Guide