The device should be fully charged prior to use if it will be used in a mobile environment. It CAN be plugged in for the entire process of pairing and payment processing.
The device is powered on by holding the power button on the right side of the device for several seconds until text begins to appear.
The device is powered off by holding the Yellow Button and the button labeled .,#* for several seconds.
- If the device is plugged in, it will turn on automatically.
- These steps will require the device to be paired to the terminal via bluetooth. Please check the Bluetooth pairing document for a guide on how to accomplish this.
Initializing the Swiper
- Log in to your venue on Activate.
- Tap the small gear next to the word Alcohol.
- Tap 'Initialize iCMP swiper.'
- Please wait will appear on both the terminal and the iCMP device for several
- Once this is completed, you are ready to accept payment.
Note: This ONLY needs to be completed one time.
- Add items to the cart as normal.
- Tap Credit Card or Cash/Credit
- Tap Finalize Payment
- If you are using tips/gratuities, the selector will appear. Make selections as necessary.
- The total including tip will now be displayed.
- Tap Done.
- The iCMP device will now display the total and will prompt the user to insert the chip credit card.
- Insert the card and the transaction will process automatically on the device.
- The payment will now continue processing on the terminal and complete
- The user will be prompted to remove the card and a receipt will print.
- In the event of a decline, or if the user taps the Red button on the iCMP to cancel the
transaction, a receipt will also print.
- As a limitation of Moneris, refunds can only be completed on the terminal the transaction originally occurred on and the original card must be present. Moneris Credit card transactions cannot be completed through Connect.
- An additional limitation of Moneris is that partial refunds cannot be completed. The entire order must be refunded.
- To conduct a refund, open all orders in Activate as normal.
- Tap Issue Refund and the refund process will begin processing on the terminal displaying the words “Purchase Correction” and the amount that will be refunded onto the card.
- Once complete, the iCMP will prompt for the user to enter their chip credit card.
- Once entered, the refund will complete automatically.