The device should be fully charged prior to use if it will be used in a mobile environment. It CAN be plugged in for the entire process of pairing and payment processing.
The device is powered on by holding the power button on the right side of the device for several seconds until text begins to appear.
The device is powered off by holding the Yellow Button and the button labeled.,#* for several seconds.
Note: if the device is plugged in, it will turn on automatically.
Pairing the Device (terminal steps)
- Press the two buttons at the bottom right underside of the terminal screen simultaneously (or hold the power button down for 2-3 seconds).
- A control panel screen will appear asking for the password to the device (password is 1elo).
- Tap Apps
- Tap Settings
- Tap Bluetooth
- If Bluetooth is off, tap the off/on button to turn it on
- Now follow the next steps for preparing the device to pair
Pairing the Device (device steps)
- Power the device on.
- Several screens will display very quickly in the following order:
- You must press the Red then Green buttons in very quick succession immediately after the 'VEGA' screen is displayed (third screenshot above)
- You will now be presented with a screen that says 'Telium Menu.' If you do not see this screen, you must turn the device off, turn it back on, and complete step 3 again. It may take one or two attempts to get the timing correct.
- Tap the F4 key
- Tap the F key
- Tap 0 to view the device’s Bluetooth name. This is the name that will appear on the
terminal in the next step.
- The device will now display 'waiting for pairing.'
- Return to the terminal to finish the pairing.
Pairing the Device (final device steps)
- The device will appear as a Phone item with the name discovered in step 8 above. Tap on this name. If the device does not appear, toggle the Bluetooth off and on again on the terminal and it should appear.
- A Bluetooth Pairing Request will appear on the terminal.
- Tap the Green button on the device
- Tap Pair on the terminal. This process may take several seconds.
- Once the device is listed as a 'Paired Device' on the terminal, it is fully paired.
- The device is now fully paired and can be used in Activate.
Note: If a PIN is required to pair the devices, it must be entered on the Moneris device after it is entered on the Elo, so write the PIN down before submitting on the Elo.