What is a Day Part?
Day Part is located within the Options tab on the left hand menu in Connect and allows for a change of menu items for a specified date or time (Ex: Breakfast menu to lunch menu or Happy Hour).
How to create a Day Part
- Log in to Connect and click on Options from the left side menu.
- Select Day Parts.
- Click Create in the upper right corner.
- A pop up will appear to fill out the Day Part settings.
- Once all the information is in, select Save and the Day Part will be created.
Day Part Settings
- Name: Name of the Day Part (Ex: Breakfast, Lunch, Happy Hour)
- Beginning: The time the Day Part will begin.
- End: The time the Day Part will end.
- All Day: Allows the Day Part to last all day long.
- Repeat: Allows the Day Part to repeat.
- Repeats: How often the Day Part will reoccur.
- Repeat every: When to repeat in number of the selected units (days, weeks, months, etc.).
- Ends: Set to Never, After or On to specify when the Day Part ends.
Note: The beginning and end dates should be the same if the item will only be available for specific hours during the day, see an example below.
- Beginning December 31, 2018 00:00
- Ending December 31, 2018 11:00
- The item will be available 12:00 AM - 11:00 AM every day if the event is repeating.
Applying A Day Part to an Item
Once your Day Part has been created, you can apply it to the relevant Items.
- Log in to Connect and click Items in the left side menu.
- Select Items from the menu.
- Search for and select the item to edit.
- Select the Availability tab to apply the Day Part to the item or edit the item's availability.
- Select the Create button on the right side.
- Select the Day Part toggle to choose an existing Day Part
- Save the changes.
- Toggle the Always Available option to No.
- If a day part is being assigned, this must be set to No because it will not always be available. It will only be available within the day part parameters that are set on the item.