What are Contactless Transactions?
Contactless payment, also known as Near Field Communication (NFC), allows two devices to talk to each other when they're close together (Ex: Apple Pay, Android, etc.). Contactless payments are compatible with iPads using the mTab credit card readers or terminals using NFC compatible FreedomPay credit card readers.
How to process a Contactless Transaction
Note: If the scan does not succeed and the green light times out, please select the 'Back' button and tap the 'Contactless' button again to re-enable the NFC scanner on the Credit Card reader.
- Log into Activate and add the items to the cart.
- Ensure that the customer has Android or Apple Pay enabled on their phone.
- Once ready, tap on the 'Contactless' button in Activate.
- Have the customer place the back of the phone directly on the opening of the terminal where the NFC logo appears or over the Credit Card Swiper when indicated. Ensure that the top green light is illuminated on the Credit Card reader.
- Bring the Apple logo on the back of the iPhone within one inch of the NFC device. For all other phone types, place the middle of phone over the NFC symbol.
- The 'Thanks!' screen will appear once the order has processed successfully.
Terminal NFC Reader
mTab NFC Reader