In the event that a tip does not show on Connect, the order ID can be found in BridgePay to edit. The best way to search for a completed order (which will have an order ID) is to set the correct date range on BridgePay, and then enter the Connect order ID in the 'Invoice Number' field when searching Find Transactions > Credit link.
In the event that a tip was not captured on BridgePay and needs to be charged to the card, a Repeat Sale transaction can be done to the card as long as it still holds the authorization.
You can locate the BridgePay login credentials on the BridgePay welcome email.
1. Log into the BridgePay Portal - https://gateway.itstgate.com/
2. From the left side menu, select Find Transactions and then Credit.
3. Select the appropriate date range and enter the Order ID from Connect into the Invoice Number field to search. Click 'Submit' to load corresponding transactions.
4. Click on the 'Ref #' for the transaction of the card that you would like to charge.
5. Under the 'Repeat a SALE Transaction' field, enter the additional amount for which you would like to charge.
Note: You will only add the additional amount here and not the new grand total. For example, to add a $25 tip to a $100 transaction, you would type $25 in this field, NOT $125.
6. Once the desired value is entered, click 'Yes, Charge Account' and then ‘Process’ on the next page.
7. The online receipt for the transaction (shown automatically on the final page of the Repeat Sale) will state whether or not the Repeat Sale was approved or declined. This Repeat Sale will then show on BridgePay as a separate 'RepeatSale' under the same Invoice Number as the original transaction to which it was applied.
8. Finally, notate the Ref # associated with the new 'RepeatSale' transaction and reach out to Appetize Support via email (email@example.com) with the Ref #, Order ID, and Repeat Sale amount. This will allow support to update the order in Connect to include the repeat sale amount and make Connect reports accurate.