When should I update?
You should never update Activate or KDS app without confirming with Appetize Support (Help Desk) and/or your account manager.
All updates become available immediately, but may not be needed for your venue.
Should I update iOS firmware?
You should not update the iOS firmware for a major release (Ex: version 11.0 to 12.0), but minor ones like 12.1.1 or 12.1.2 are typically fine. Like updating apps, Appetize strongly suggests to only update after Appetize Support (Help Desk) and/or your account manager recommend to update.
Before updating the Activate/KDS application, it is recommended to first uninstall the existing version, follow the steps below:
- Tap the home button and locate the Activate or KDS icon.
- Long press the icon until it wiggles.
- While the icon is wiggling, press the small X to delete the app.
To update to a newer version of Activate or KDS on iOS devices, follow the steps below:
- Select App Catalog from the home screen of the iOS device.
- Tap on Activate/KDS to install the updated version(s).
- Tap on ‘Install’ when prompted.
- Please wait for the green banner that appears underneath to disappear and tap on the home button.
- Note: The app catalog will read 'Processing', but this is not a real time representation; navigate to the home screen to observe the app update process after the green banner at the bottom of the app catalog disappears.
- When the update is complete, a blue dot will appear to the left of the app icon.