The KDS catalog is the tool for item management while using the KDS app. It allows you to add items, change the settings of existing items, and update the availability status.
How to add an item on the KDS app
- Login into the KDS app and click on 'Catalog' on the left side menu.
- Click on the plus (+) sign in the upper right corner.
- A new screen will appear where you may input the Item Image/Icon, Name, Type (Food, Drink, Alcohol or Merchandise), Price, Description, and SKU. Simply tap on the desired field to edit it.
- Once this is complete, tap the save 'checkmark' at the top right of the screen, and the item will now appear in Activate.
- Enabled/Disabled: When enabled the item will be active for sales. When disabled, it will not be accessible on the mobile app and Activate POS.
- Show/Hide Description: Enables whether the description of the item will be shown.
- Don't Override/Override Mod. Price: Enabling 'Override Mod. Price' will cause the price of the item modifier to affect the final price, i.e. an XL Shirt will cost more than a Medium Shirt.
- Track/Don't Track Inventory: Enables or disables the tracking of the item inventory.
- Available/Sold Out: The item will still be shown on the mobile app and Activate POS, but it will not allow the customer or cashier to select the item.
You can also view existing items in the same manner by tapping on the item from the catalog screen.