What is a Code/Promo?
Codes, otherwise known as promos, can be created to add as an order or item level discount in the form of a percentage off, a flat dollar amount off, or a full comp.
Note: In Connect, ‘Use Code’ as well as ‘House’ must be enabled to be able to use Codes/Promos. To turn both on, login to Connect, select 'Options,' click 'Employee Role', select 'Checkout and Promo Enabled.
Note: Please make sure the Award Type is set to 100% if the user wants to use it as House Codes. Any codes which is set as partial amount will prompt an error "Promo Code should cover whole order’s amount".
How to create a Code/Promo
- Login to Connect and click 'Codes' on the left side menu.
- Choose 'Add Code' in the top right corner and input the code’s settings.
Note: Codes can be edited by clicking on the Code to access settings.
- Code: Enter the code that will be typed in or appear on the corresponding button in Activate.
- Description: A brief description of the code.
- Status: Whether or not the code is active.
- Awards Applied: Whether or not to apply all created Award Types when using the code.
- Conditions Met: Determines if the code will function only when all created Conditions are met, or if any of the Conditions are met.
- Use Limit: Sets the amount of times a code can be used ('-1' denotes unlimited use).
- Void Group: Determine what Void Group to associate the code.
- Apply Only to Selected Types: If set to ‘Yes’, the code will only apply to the assigned item types (Ex: Food, Drink, Merchandise, etc.).
- Code Type (Condition): Select the type of code and how it will be applied (Ex: Item level, order, etc.).
- Code Value: Set the value or ID that applies to the selected Code Type.
- Award Type: Select the type of award applied with the code (Ex: Percent off, dollar off, etc.).
- Award Value: Set the value or ID that applies to the selected Award Type.
- Promo Applies To: Apply the code to any taxes, fees, none, or both.
- Start Date/End Date: Sets the parameters for when the code is valid.
- Show As Button: Allows the code to be selected through a button within Activate after selecting the HOUSE tender option. This only works for Codes that are meant to be used as house accounts.
How to assign a Code/Promo to a Vendor
- Login to Connect and click on 'Codes' from the left side menu.
- Select the specific code and then click the 'Vendor Assignment' tab.
- Assign Codes to be 'Active' or 'Inactive' at the specific Vendors.
How to track Codes being used
The Codes report tracks how many times each code was used and the total value applied by each code. The report is broken down at the venue, vendor, and itemized account levels.
- Login to Connect and click 'Reports' on the left side menu.
- Select 'End of Show' from the 'Reports' drop down and then select 'Codes.'
Once downloaded, the report will look something like this: