What is a Vendor Role?
A Vendor Role is a set of permissions configured and applied to each Vendor (Ex: Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
Note: A Vendor Role needs to be set up prior to creating or assigning a Vendor.
On the main Vendor Roles page, there are three toggles available for quick edits:
- Promo Enabled: Promotion codes can be enabled or disabled.
- Alcohol Enabled: Alcohol can be enabled or disabled.
- Open: Any vendor assigned to this role can be opened or closed.
How to create a Vendor Role
- Log in to Connect and click Options in the left side menu.
- Select Vendor Roles from the menu.
- Click Create in the upper right corner.
- Type in the name of the Vendor Role and click Save.
Once a Vendor Role has been created, click on the existing role to configure the settings.
- Role Name: The name of the location or based on stand usage (Ex. Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
- Status: Set the Vendors to open or closed.
- Void Group: If Void reasons need to be created, they can be assigned here.
- Promo Enabled: Determines if the vendor would accept an ongoing promotion.
- Show Catalog: The KDS Catalog function allows enabling or disabling of items depending upon the availability of Inventory.
- Login Required: When using the Mobile Ordering feature, this forces the customer to create an Account through Appetize and does not allow the customer to submit orders as a guest.
- POS Pickup Vendor: This will set the associated vendor as a Pickup location when using Mobile Ordering instead of Delivery.
- Suite Enabled: If the location will be utilizing the Suites module, this must be set to Yes.
- Allow Price Changes for Orders: Will allow the clerk to tap on an item in the cart and change the price.*
- Split Checks Enabled: Allows checks to be Split by item or amount
- Rounding Type: Choose how the associated vendors will round transactions (up, down, round-up for charity, etc.).
- Rounding Precision: Meant to round to the nearest of the chosen denomination.
- Ex: if precision is set to one cent, then the price would round to the nearest cent (no rounding in this case), but if set to a dollar the amount would round to the nearest dollar.
- If subtotal = $1.95, the total would be $2.00.
- Rounding Allowed Payment Type: This setting will allow you to set a specific payment type (Cash or All) for the rounding options.
- Service Type: POS, Retail or Restaurant.
- Vendor Image: If using a Mobile Application, this is the image a guest will see when using the application.
- Max number of offline hours: If Activate is offline for more than that many hours it will block the log in until it gets back online and can sync the orders.*
- Geo Tax: Determines if a vendor would accept Geo Tax functionality.
- Allow Price Changes for Returns: Ability to alter the price on a return. *
- Prevent Original Operator from Performing Refunds: When set to Yes, the original cashier will not be able to complete the refund.*
- Tax Handling: Choose to use the original or the local tax when completing a return.*
*Note: This feature is not currently available in Connect Classic.
- Alcohol Enabled: Determines if a Vendor is allowed to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Drink Limit Per Event: Set a limit of alcoholic drinks to be purchased per event.
- Drink Limit Per Order: Set a limit of alcoholic drinks to be purchased per order.
- Limit Amount Per Order: The amount/quantity of drinks allowed per order.
- Alcohol Restrictions Dialog Text: Add a custom message to display regarding the restrictions when buying alcohol.
- Alcohol Per Event Limit Reached Dialog Text: Add a custom message to display regarding the drink limit.
- Alcohol Per Order Limit Reached Dialog Text: Add a custom message to display when the limit has been reached.
- Apply Tax To Subtotal: Enable to apply the tax to the customer subtotal.
- Apply Tax To Fee: Enable to apply tax to any fees added to this Vendor.
- Apply Tax To Convenience Fee: Enable to apply tax to the convenience fee.
- Tax Level: Add a tax level once configured in the Tax Level tab from Options.
- Receipt Text Size: Change the text size on the receipt.
- Auto Print: Determines if the order receipt will automatically print after an order is complete.
- Printed Receipt Text: Add a custom message on the receipt (Ex: Thanks for your order!).
- Order Number Barcode: Enable to include the barcode.
- Custom Barcode Text: A custom set of letters or numbers can be added for the barcode.
- Show Item Return Value on Receipt: If enabled, then print item return value on the receipt.
- Show Item Discount Details: If enabled, then print item discount details on the receipt.
- Receipt Reprint Limit: Set a limit for reprinting receipt (0 means unlimited).
- Show Loyalty points on the Receipt: Print user's loyalty points on the receipt.
- Custom Receipt Header: Add a custom message to the receipt header.
- Custom Receipt Footer: Add a custom message to the receipt footer.
Mobile Ordering Options
- First Screen: Set the default type of items the user will see on the initial page of the Mobile App.
- Additional Info: Enter any additional notes.
- Receipt Text: Customized text on emailed receipt.
- Wait Time: Determines the time interval in which an automated text message would be sent to the customer once the status of an order changes to In Progress.
- Temporary Wait Time (in minutes): A wait time added for busy hours.
- Temporary Wait Time Duration (minutes left): How long the temporary wait time will be active.
- Pickup Vender: Determines if this vendor allows orders to be picked up.
- Pickup Text Message: Customize the text that will be sent to customers with pickup details.
- Pickup Location: Once the order is ready, a text would notify the customer of where to pick up their order.
- Type: Clarifies whether the vendor sells merchandise or concessions.
- Quick Order: Determines if users can select the Order Again option from recent mobile orders to add the items to the cart and initiate the checkout process.
- Quick Order image: Vendors can have unique images.
- SMS Receipt Text: Custom verbiage on text message the guest will receive along with a link to their receipt when an order is placed.
- SMS on “In Progress”: Enable/Disable SMS sent to the guest on orders deemed as In Progress status.
- Customer Name Label: If not set, the message will default to use the word name during checkout: Please enter your name for the order.
- If set, this label will replace the word with whatever moniker is typed into that field as is required per the mobile ordering setup.
- Customer Name Hint: If set, this field gives the ordering customer a hint at what method to use to label their order.
- Show Numeric-only Keyboard for Customer Name: Enables a keyboard where only numbers are to be used to distinguish an order/customer from another order/customer.
Mobile Ordering Transactions
- Convenience Fee: Turn on a surcharge or delivery amount.
- Fee Type: Percentage or Flat Fee.
- Fee Amount: The amount of the desired fee.
- Fee Text: An explanation of the fee for customers.
- Tip Enabled: Provides the customer an option to leave a tip for the employees.
- Require Seat Confirmation: After selecting the seat location and placing an order, a prompt will have the customer confirm their seat again.
Cashier Reasons can be configured to select when performing specific actions in Activate. The reasons are used for auditing purposes. For more information on how they are used in Connect Enterprise, see Enterprise - Reasons.
This login message functionality is used to display a security message that is shown when the user signs on for the day so that legal compliance is met for POS terminal usage.
- Legal Message Title: Enter in the title of the Login Message in this field
- Legal Message Body: Enter in the body of the Login Message in this field