What is a Vendor Role?
A Vendor Role is a set of permissions configured and applied to each Vendor (Ex: Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
Note: A Vendor Role needs to be set up prior to creating or assigning a Vendor.
On the main Vendor Roles page, there are three toggles available for quick edits:
- Promo Enabled: Promotion codes can be enabled or disabled.
- Alcohol Enabled: Alcohol can be enabled or disabled.
- Open: Any vendor assigned to this role can be opened or closed.
How to create a Vendor Role
- Log in to Connect and click on Options in the left side menu.
- Select Vendor Roles from the menu.
- Click Create in the upper right corner.
- Type in the name of the Vendor Role and click Save.
Once a Vendor Role has been created, click on the existing role to configure the settings.
- Role Name: The name of the location or based on stand usage (Ex. Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
- Status: Set the Vendors to open or closed.
- Void Group: If Void reasons need to be created, they can be assigned here.
- Promo Enabled: Determines if the vendor would accept an ongoing promotion.
- Show Catalog: The KDS Catalog function allows enabling or disabling of items depending upon the availability of Inventory.
- Login Required: When using the Mobile Ordering feature, this forces the customer to create an Account through Appetize and does not allow the customer to submit orders as a guest.
- POS Pickup Vendor: This will set the associated vendor as a Pickup location when using Mobile Ordering instead of Delivery.
- Suite Enabled: If the location will be utilizing the Suites module, this must be set to Yes.
- Allow Price Changes for Orders: Will allow the clerk to tap on an item in the cart and change the price.*
- Split Checks Enabled: Allows checks to be Split by item or amount
- Rounding Type: Choose how the associated vendors will round transactions (up, down, round-up for charity, etc.).
- Rounding Precision: Meant to round to the nearest of the chosen denomination.
- Ex: if precision is set to one cent, then the price would round to the nearest cent (no rounding in this case), but if set to a dollar the amount would round to the nearest dollar.
- If subtotal = $1.95, the total would be $2.00.
- Rounding Allowed Payment Type: This setting will allow you to set a specific payment type (Cash or All) for the rounding options.
- Service Type: POS, Retail or Restaurant.
- Vendor Image: If using a Mobile Application, this is the image a guest will see when using the application.
- Max number of offline hours: If Activate is offline for more than that many hours it will block the log in until it gets back online and can sync the orders.*
- Geo Tax: Determines if a vendor would accept Geo Tax functionality.
- Allow Price Changes for Returns: Ability to alter the price on a return. *
- Prevent Original Operator from Performing Refunds: When set to Yes, the original cashier will not be able to complete the refund.*
- Tax Handling: Choose to use the original or the local tax when completing a return.*
*Note: This feature is not currently available in Connect Classic.
- Alcohol Enabled: Determines if a Vendor is allowed to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Drink Limit Per Event: Set a limit of alcoholic drinks to be purchased per event.
- Drink Limit Per Order: Set a limit of alcoholic drinks to be purchased per order.
- Limit Amount Per Order: The amount/quantity of drinks allowed per order.
- Tax Charge After Discount: Enable to apply the tax after a discount has been added.
- Apply Tax To Subtotal: Enable to apply the tax to the customer subtotal.
- Apply Tax To Tip: Enable to apply tax to the tip amount.
- Apply Tax To Fee: Enable to apply tax to any fees added to this Vendor.
- Tax Level: Add a tax level once configured in the Tax Level tab from Options.
- Apply Tax To Convenience Fee: Enable to apply tax to the convenience fee.
- Receipt Text Size: Change the text size on the receipt.
- Auto Print: Determines if the order receipt will automatically print after an order is complete.
- Printed Receipt Text: Add a custom message on the receipt (Ex: Thanks for your order!).
- Order Number Barcode: Enable to include the barcode.
- Custom Barcode Text: A custom set of numbers can be added here.
- Show Item Return Value on Receipt: If enabled, then print item return value on the receipt.
- Show Item Discount Details: If enabled, then print item discount details on the receipt.
- Receipt Reprint Limit: Set a limit for reprinting receipt (0 means unlimited).
- Show Loyalty points on the Receipt: Print user's loyalty points on the receipt.
- Custom Receipt Header: Add a custom message to the receipt header.
- Custom Receipt Footer: Add a custom message to the receipt footer
Mobile Ordering Options
- First Screen: Set the default type of items the user will see on the initial page of the Mobile App.
- Additional Info: Enter any additional notes.
- Receipt Text: Customized text on emailed receipt.
- Wait Time: Determines the time interval in which an automated text message would be sent to the customer once the status of an order changes to In Progress.
- Temporary Wait Time (in minutes): A wait time added for busy hours.
- Temporary Wait Time Duration (minutes left): How long the temporary wait time will be active.
- Pickup Vender: Determines if this vendor allows order pick up.
- Pickup Text Message: Customize the text that will be sent to customers with pickup details.
- Pickup Location: Once the order is ready, a text would notify the customer of where to pick up their order.
- Type: Clarifies whether the vendor sells merchandise or concessions.
- Quick Order: Determines if users can select the Order Again option from recent mobile orders to add the items to the cart and initiate the checkout process.
- Quick Order image: Vendors can have unique images.
Mobile Ordering Transactions
- Convenience Fee: Turn on a surcharge or delivery amount.
- Fee Type: Percentage or Flat Fee.
- Fee Amount: The amount of the desired fee.
- Fee Text: An explanation of the fee for customers.
- Tip Enabled: Provides the customer an option to leave a tip for the employees.
- Require Seat Confirmation: After selecting the seat location and placing an order, a prompt will have the customer confirm their seat again.