What is an Account?
An Account is created to allow a user to login and access the Appetize systems. There are numerous types of Accounts including Connect Accounts for Connect Online, Employee Accounts to access Activate, and Vendor/Subvendor Accounts for KDS access, etc.
How to add an Account
- Login to Connect and click 'Accounts' on the left side menu.
- Once on the 'Accounts' page, select the 'Add Account' button in upper right corner.
- Select which type of account will be created ( Employee Account for Activate, Connect Account , etc)
- Once the pop-up window appears, fill out the Account information and click 'Save Changes.'
Add Account tab
Type: The category of the Account you're creating (Ex: Employee, Vendor, Connect, etc.).
Name User's Name*: The name of the Account.
Login ID: The username to login to this Account.
Password: The password used to login to the Account.
Admin Pin: PIN number used to process manager functions such as refunds.
Employee Pin: The PIN number used to log into the POS system. This is enabled when the Account is associated to a shared role.
User Roles: Assign the Employee Role to the Account (Ex: Cashier v. Bartender).
Vendor Assignment tab
The 'Vendor Assignment' tab allows for the Account to have the ability to login to specific Vendors so that the appropriate menu will be assigned.
- Click on the 'Vendor Assignment' tab.
- Select 'Active' next to Vendors you would like the Account to be assigned to. There is also an option to select the 'Assign All Vendors' button. (Note: Shared accounts are only allowed to be assigned to only one vendor.)